[Vess Daily MtG] Blood Knight Aspirant

Lunar Origins

Blood Knight Aspirant {  2WR }

[ Creature - Elf Knight ]

Dash BRR

If you did not cast Blood Knight Aspirant with Dash, it gains Vigilance and "If another creature would die, you may sacrifice Blood Knight Aspirant instead.".

If you cast Blood Knight Aspirant with Dash, it gains Menace and "If Blood Knight Aspirant would die, you may sacrifice another creature instead."

[ 3 / 3 ]

Not sure what the Dash is for.

This has memory issues since your forced to keep track of which ability it has and 3 or 4 turns after you play it that won't be super easy. I'd look for a way to help make the mode its in easier to track. My first attempt at a change would be something like

"If you spent W mana to cast [card name] it ETBs with a +1/+1 counter.

If this creature has a +1/+1 counter on it it gain Vigilance and...., otherwise it has Menace and....."

That still feels complicated though and I'm sure a cleaner way exists to do it.

Also, Elf feels like a random type for this to have. We have all of 21 non-green elves and nearly all of them come from Lorwyn. If you don't want to make this a human it could work as a Vampire imo.

This is based on Warcraft blood elves, particularly their holy order led by Lady Liadrin.  They are paladin elves, which is why this card is an elf.  If something is designed with a weird typing by me, then you can probably bet it's based off of something in pop culture.

Dash is there to let you change its mode - I forgot to give it a cost, whoops.  I think this gives me an idea.

Archived