[Vess Daily MtG] Silver Gunner

Lunar Origins

Silver Gunner {2}{C}

[ Creature - Eldrazi Human ]

Prismatic (This spell is the same color as the mana used to cast it.)

When Silver Gunner dies, you may exile target Instant or Sorcery card from your Graveyard with the same color as Silver Gunner when it died.  If you do, you may cast an Instant or Sorcery card from your library with a different name but the same converted mana cost and color (you must pay its mana cost).

[ 2 / 3 ]

A weird card/mechanic for a weird reference.

I feel like I leave this note on a lot of the cards you make, has memory issues. I know I beat on that point a lot, but it is REALLY important to keep in mind that tracking an unmarked trait several turns after it gained it is VERY hard. Even more so with this since it can be anywhere from 0-2 colors. Honestly, I'm not sure what you could do to make that part work.

As for the rest

-Changeling is already a mechanic. Since your trying to convey it being able to be any color something along the lines of Prismatic seems good.

-The actual main thing this card is doing does seem neat. A bit like Bring to Light. Powerful, but not overly so.

-My designer instinct does want to do a bit more with Changeling since not only is it super hard to remember what color it is, the actual gameplay ramifications will often be very minimal. I think having it tie in with what spell you can cast, so if it is blue/red you can only cast a blue or red spell, would be cool. It does make the effect worse, but only marginally so.

Archived