Makyura the Destructor : Discussion

MakyuratheDestructorDB1-EN-SR.jpg

I vaguely remember some sort of discussion about him in the past, but I can't find a discussion topic for him by searching, so I think he might have come up in one of the banlist topics or something.

Anyhow, he deserves to remain banned, even if COTH stays banned, which it shouldn't.

Discuss.

I'm sure he needs to be banned and everything' date=' but honestly I've been unable to see why.

A lot of traps have conditions, like Torrential and Mirror Force.

I don't see that many traps worthy of being used with him.

=\ I'm sure I'll be proven wrong and look like a fool, though.

[/quote']

what about a "turbo magical explotion FTK" deck??

or any burn deck that uses traps like "secret barrel", "cementery bomb", etc...

or turning RFTDD into dimension fusion just by 1 discard??

or using "jar of greed" without waiting 2 turns...

and don't forget the fact that the effect of makyura is on no matter how it gets to the grave... and there's a stupidly recycling combo with monster reincarnation... if you discard makyura you can retrieve the discarded makyura and its effect will be activated and it's on for the rest of the turn giiving you the chance to use it again on another turn...

broken card is broken, please remain banned...

No' date=' this shouldn't be banned. Remember Jetroid?

[/quote']

jetroid's effect only activates when it is target as an attack objective, makyura's effect activates when it is sent to the grave, and last all the turn...

please read more...

its just liek that temple of the kings card exept not quite as good

both should stay banned

Makyura is better and should remain banned. Temple of the Kings is not broken and should be Unlimited.

No' date=' this shouldn't be banned. Remember Jetroid?

[/quote']

By this logic, Raigeki should be legal, since Tribute to the Doomed exists.

Escape From the Dark Dimension.

I win.

So far, this is the best post in this topic. However, that would make Makyura a four-card OTK.

I win.

So far' date=' this is the best post in this topic. However, that would make Makyura a four-card OTK.

[/quote']

Makyura The Destructor, Foolish Burial, Chick The Yellow, Call of the Haunted.

Call is already banned; I'm saying that Makyura should remain banned even if Call were to remain banned (which it shouldn't). Also, if you're using Foolish Burial, you don't need Makyura in your hand, and if you have Makyura in your hand, you don't need Foolish Burial.

I win.

So far' date=' this is the best post in this topic. However, that would make Makyura a four-card OTK.

[/quote']

Call is already banned; I'm saying that Makyura should remain banned even if Call were to remain banned (which it shouldn't). Also, if you're using Foolish Burial, you don't need Makyura in your hand, and if you have Makyura in your hand, you don't need Foolish Burial.

No. I'm pointing out the old OTK which involved the use of Foolish Burial. If you drew Makyura you were f*cked.

Foolish dump Makyura. Call Chick Attack, Return you know the rest.

I win.

[/quote']

No. I'm pointing out the old OTK which involved the use of Foolish Burial. If you drew Makyura you were f*cked.

Foolish dump Makyura. Call Chick Attack, Return you know the rest.

If you drew Makyura, you could discard it for something requiring a discard. It's a 3-card OTK; Makyura doesn't need to be drawn, so only Foolish, Call, and Chick count.

Also, I already knew and even referenced that OTK, so unless you were restating for the benefit of the few who had never heard of it and randomly decided to quote me when you did so, listing the OTK's components does nothing.

You could replace Macro Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure and Escape From the Dark Dimension with Call of the Haunted. Each can be run in 3's' date=' which makes the combo even faster.

[/quote']

There are better legal options than Macro/D-Fissure + Escape.

Also, lol4cardcombo

You could replace Macro Cosmos/Dimensional Fissure and Escape From the Dark Dimension with Call of the Haunted. Each can be run in 3's' date=' which makes the combo even faster.

[/quote']

Also, lol4cardcombo

Oh, I also forgot about Limiter Rebirth or whatever it's called. Doesn't is summon monsters with 1000 ATK or less, and Chick has 1000 ATK?

[/quote']

Also, lol4cardcombo

Oh, I also forgot about Limiter Rebirth or whatever it's called. Doesn't is summon monsters with 1000 ATK or less, and Chick has 1000 ATK?

Finally, someone remembered Limit Rebirth. THAT is why the Makyura OTK would be easier than ever if Makyura returned.

[/quote']

Also, lol4cardcombo

Finally, someone remembered Limit Rebirth. THAT is why the Makyura OTK would be easier than ever if Makyura returned.

that's because limit rebirth has no limitations, right??

BTW: the maky-chick combo (as the way you post it) it's in fact a 2 card combo, because makyura and chick must be on the grave... right??

[/quote']

Also, lol4cardcombo

Aww quit being a jabroni salty. I forgot about Limit Rebirth sue me.

I'm still awesome and made of win so it doesn't matter.

(Congratulations on trying to Atem up this place, who knows it might help)

[/quote']

Also, lol4cardcombo

that's because limit rebirth has no limitations, right??

BTW: the maky-chick combo (as the way you post it) it's in fact a 2 card combo, because makyura and chick must be on the grave... right??

No, because you still need to have either drawn them earlier or used a card effect to dump them. It's the same reason that Mantiloop is a 3-card combo.

Archived