The Promised Neverland

Shradow

181395l.jpg

Emma and her friends have a pretty good life at the orphanage they grew up in. Though the rules may be strict, the caretaker is kind. But why are the children forbidden from ever leaving...?

A recent addition to Weekly Shounen Jump's lineup, the story's been pretty interesting so far. The art's nothing amazing but I feel like the style fits with this manga really well.

[spoiler=First 3 chapters discussion.]So I knew something was up the moment I noticed the ID numbers on the kids' necks, and doubly so when the weird tests showed up all of a sudden. The hard cut from their calm lives to the harsh tests was really something, too, it really set the tone for where this series was going. I certainly didn't expect the orphanage to be a meat farm for demons to eat. The most recent chapter was especially good, the revelation about the brains made a lot of sense, and I was very surprised to find that the caretaker also had an ID number on her. I can't wait to read more. Though going forward, I have a sneaking suspicion this will end up similarly to Seraph of the End, and attempting to save all the younger kids will result in all of them dead and only the main three characters will make it out alive.

Archived