Nottingham treats mysogony as a hate crime

vla1ne

i don't compliment random strangers in that manner, that's just not the kind of person i am, but others are, that's their way of doing things.  

i simply object to making it punishable by law. it's a matter of social vs legal consequence. social consequence is perfectly fine for that manner of behavior, legal consequence, is not. especially when it compounds already existing and better established laws. there is a quote that i use rather often: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" i do not approve of those kinds of comments, but i will protest any action to criminalize them, because they are not criminal actions, they are merely words. i do not care if those words make people uncomfortable, i care that people are attempting to make them illegal for mere convenience. go ahead and ignore, or reproach anybody who says them, but to arrest them is to convict a man of thought crime.

Well, when you put it like that, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.  Because the first time, it was hard to grasp and I wasn't entirely sure what you were getting at.  But I think we've found common ground.  

Archived