Venser's Interplanar Vessel (written)

heraldry_lord

Venser's Interplanar Vessel

Mana Cost: {6}

Power/Toughness: 5/5

Legendary Artifact - Vehicle

Flying

When Venser's Interplanar Vessel enters the battlefield or attacks, you may search your library for a basic land card, and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

{2}{W}{U}: Exile Venser's Interplanar Vessel. Return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

Crew 2 (Tap any number of creatures with power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)

Nice design. Ridiculous in limited but most bomby colorless cards are. It's not relevant but Venser is dead in the lore, I'm assuming this is some leftovers from Mirrodin vs Phyrexia?

I know Venser is dead; he was building a ship that could traverse the planes before he met Koth and Elspeth, but it was never finished.

This would represent the finished product, assuming they ever revisit that, but it seems Kaladesh might be the first place to revisit the idea of actual planar portals (based on Rashmi).

I was thinking more in the line of something similar to this

Venser's Ambulator [mana]4[/mana]

Flying

When Venser's Ambulator enters the battlefield and it wasn't cast, you may draw a card, then put a card from your hand on the bottom of your library.

[mana]3WU[/mana]: Exile Venser's Ambulator and each creature crewing it. Return each card exiled this way to the battlefield under their owner's control during the next end step.

Crew 2

[2/3]

more or less

I was thinking more in the line of something similar to this

Venser's Ambulator [mana]4[/mana]
Flying
When Venser's Ambulator enters the battlefield and it wasn't cast, you may draw a card, then put a card from your hand on the bottom of your library.
[mana]3WU[/mana]: Exile Venser's Ambulator and each creature crewing it. Return each card exiled this way to the battlefield under their owner's control during the next end step.
Crew 2
[2/3]

more or less

That's pretty different. I'm not really willing to change what it does that much.

Archived