[KLD] Key to the City

.Rai

I see two decks this might see play in: 1. people still trying to make the RB Vampire deck work and 2. the Emerge deck.

Emerge is kinda interesting. It loses Jace after rotation, so it needs another discard outlet, and this is pretty versatile. It makes your Elder Deep-Fiends unblockable, is a cardtype the Emerge deck isn't currently running (much of) for Emrakul (or your Traverses/Gnarlwood Dryads), and you can even tap it down with your own Elder Deep-Fiends to draw a card.

keytothecity.jpg

Emerge decks were playing Eye so and some even had the 2 mana mana rock so they have better options for artifacts imo. This being a 0 mana discard outlet is pretty big though, especially since giving evasion to your madness creatures is pretty sweet. The draw ability is just gravy.

Also, a 2 mana way to give unblockable is just pretty powerful. Sweet card.

Emerge decks were playing Eye so and some even had the 2 mana mana rock so they have better options for artifacts imo. This being a 0 mana discard outlet is pretty big though, especially since giving evasion to your madness creatures is pretty sweet. The draw ability is just gravy.

Also, a 2 mana way to give unblockable is just pretty powerful. Sweet card.

Eye admittedly passed by me. Didn't bother looking in the creatures section for artifacts!

The first bit of the ability being free, and tacking the 2 onto the draw makes this card a lot better.

Eye admittedly passed by me. Didn't bother looking in the creatures section for artifacts!

The first bit of the ability being free, and tacking the 2 onto the draw makes this card a lot better.

Yea, the Eye interaction is one of the most powerful things in the deck. Makes sure you hit Deep-Fiend for turn 4 and gives you two card types for Delirium. People were saying they wanted happy puppy for the deck, but I honestly think getting a land is way more powerful than drawing a card and gaining two in a deck that really wants to hit its land drops.

The draw ability is super good since madness decks empty their hand fast and it makes up for the card disadvantage this has.

Archived