Your Splatoon 2 wishlist

Darj

After the Splatfest ended I stumbled upon comments from Splatoon players on the lines of "See you on Splatoon 2 for the next Nintendo console". So, that got me thinking: if there indeed will be an Splatoon 2, what features would like to see or have in the game? In other words, what's your wishlist for the next Splatoon?

As for me:
- Different playable races.
This idea spawned from the rumors of Octolings possibly becoming playable in Splatoon. Basically, i would like for the game to offer different races t play with, and more races beyond Octolings. I'm speaking of sea anemones (e.g. Annie and that singer from Chirpy Chips), Urchins (e.g. Spyke), Crabs (e,g. Shelldon), etc. In fact, I would take some steps furthers on this concept like anthropomorphizing the shrimp, fish and jellyfish races already seen in Splatoon.

The following wishes will be related to the one above:
1. Unique Ability bonus or spreads for each "race".
Why stop the race system at aesthetic purposes? Personally I would like for each race to get unique ability perks equal to 1 Main ability. I don't know how to further describe this but I will explain with examples:
Inklings could have an inherent +1 Main Swim Speed Up.
Urchin could have an inherent +1 Main Defense Up, because of the spiky, low-mobility nature of Urchins.

Or a give-and-take approach:
Octolings could offer a +1 Attack Up but a -1 Defense Up.
Inklings would be the staple balanced option in this setting.

2. Exclusive loadouts for each race.
Make each race further unique by giving them access to weapons with exclusive loadouts that other races won't be able to use. However, these loadouts would be designed to fill a niche or be cute at best, being careful of not centralizing a race and avoiding cases of "this race is only good because of X weapon" or "if you use this race without X weapon, you are doing it wrong".

(Related to this idea, I also thought on exclusive weapons and/or Specials, like an no-brainer Kraken for Octolings only, but then I decided against it because it could make a race too centralizing. For instance, if Kraken becomes too good, Octolings could become the go-to race and overshadow the others.)

- 4-player local Turf War and Ranked mode games.
Even games like Call of Duty allow you to play multiplayer with 3 of your friends and each using a controller. Splatoon lacked this and I very much want this feature in the next game.

- Different hairstyles.
A request I read somewhere, and one I liked. Being able to select different hairstyles for your character would be nice for further customization.

- Include pants as clothing.
Another idea I read somewhere else. Basically add pants to the clothing system. Heck, they could come without abilities in order to not mess up the ability system Splatoon already has.

Archived