Spoiler time is here again.

First, the cards

atraxapraetorsvoice.jpg

silasrennseekeradept.jpgbrusetarlboorishherder.jpg

sidarkondoofjamuraa.jpgkraumludevicsopus.jpg

sylvanreclamation.jpggraveupheaval.jpg

sublimeexhalation.jpg

prismaticgeoscope.jpg

REALLY love the partner mechanic. I think its safe to assume we'll be getting 1 for each color pair meaning you can do a TON of really cool things with 3 color decks here too.

We also have the themes

WHITE-BLUE-BLACK-RED (WUBR) "ARTIFICE"

BLUE-BLACK-RED-GREEN (UBRG) "CHAOS"

BLACK-RED-GREEN-WHITE (BRGW) "AGGRESSION"

RED-GREEN-WHITE-BLUE (RGWU) "ALTRUISM"

GREEN-WHITE-BLUE-BLACK (GWUB) "GROWTH"

Really like the themes they went with. WUB is already a artifact group and red had been playing a lot with artifacts of late (and historically). RWU was the group hug deck from the original commander product and green is a perfect addition to it. Same is true of GWB being a +1/+1 counter themed deck back then. Blue is an interesting choice, but it makes sense given that it represents a slow build, something red isn't about. I'm not sure how much chaos cards exist outside of red for UBRG, but its a good choice to express the lose of white. I'm least thrilled about the BRGW deck since its such a vague thing to build around.

Damnit Flamey, ya beat me to it.

However, some stuff that is missing from the opening post:

• 20 new commanders. Five 4Cs, 10 mythic partners (one for each guild), and five rare partners (one for each enemy guild).

• Ludevic himself is confirmed to be one of the commanders - it's unclear as to whether or not he's a partner or 4C, though.

• Six new basic landcyclers. (Likely a cycle of uncommon allied spells and a random colorless card, judging by those shown so far.)

• Commander's Sphere, Command Tower and Zedruu the Greathearted confirmed for reprints

• There will also be a cycle of new rare lands to help with color fixing.

But yeah, wicked hyped. Don't think I'll be building any of the new commanders (what with Rashmi and Gonti already on my plate), but I'm certain I'll be using some of the newly-printed things. If not, there should at least be juicy reprints.

And for those who are confused, having two partner commanders in a deck means your deck starts at 98 cards, not 99.

Damnit Flamey, ya beat me to it.

However, some stuff that is missing from the opening post:

• 20 new commanders. Five 4Cs, 10 mythic partners (one for each guild), and five rare partners (one for each enemy guild).

• Ludevic himself is confirmed to be one of the commanders - it's unclear as to whether or not he's a partner or 4C, though.

• Six new basic landcyclers. (Likely a cycle of uncommon allied spells and a random colorless card, judging by those shown so far.)

• Commander's Sphere and Command Tower confirmed for reprints.

• There will also be a cycle of new rare lands to help with color fixing.

But yeah, wicked hyped. Don't think I'll be building any of the new commanders (what with Rashmi and Gonti already on my plate), but I'm certain I'll be using some of the newly-printed things. If not, there should at least be juicy reprints.

And for those who are confused, having two partner commanders in a deck means your deck starts at 98 cards, not 99.

Some other notes

- The partners will have a tie with the mythic of that color. See Ludevic (confirmed as UR) and his Opus.

- The 4 color proper commanders are all going to be new characters on known planes.

- I don't think the rare duels are new. They said it was a cycle they weren't interested in putting in normal boosters. I was thinking something like the check lands.

I build commander decks as a way to kill time/stress and if the decks have enough jump out at me I can see myself making more lists with the new cards.

Seriously, I love partner. I wasn't super interested in the decks since I wasn't that interested in making 4 color decks. But now, even if I don't want to make 4 color decks, I have a ton of new toys for 2, and 3 color decks depending on how well the partner cards cross synergize.

i mean i guess the pairing thing is cool...

so Atraxa is kinda cool. what's the flavor of it/her/him?

Atraxa is an emissary that was joint created by the Phyrexian praetors. Urabrask was the only one to not contribute because he opposes the schemes of the other four, hence her lack of red.

EDIT: Also, these guys haven't been posted yet:

WP3lTjP.png

aJdWlDS.png

Atraxa can play me, proliferates and thus would reasonably want to play me, and is a frightening being in her own right!

I for one welcome my new Phyrexian overlords!

[spoiler=Out of Character]

Atraxa is the colors I was most anticipating. And although I am slightly disappointed that she doesn't have a clear goal in mind for her deck, it's possible I'll still build her, depending on the other four's designs, or...

The partners. Very awesome, and I'm excited to see what the rest do. Currently, Kydele and Kraum look like a strong pairing, so until we see the others, they're at the top of the list for me.

I'm curious of Commander's Sphere, Command Tower, and other such cards will be given erratas with their reprint to say "One of your commanders' color identities" or if it will just be an understanding that you can select any of the three to four colors from among your duo.

The hype is too real.

Oh my god, that's hilarious. Someone came up with the partner mechanic last month as a solution to 4-colour, with most people deriding it. I was a big fan myself, so that's cool.

Edit:

g1LYUvW.png

That can get out of hand pretty fast. Sadly, 4 mana is a bit expensive.

Atraxa is an emissary that was joint created by the Phyrexian praetors. Urabrask was the only one to not contribute because he opposes the schemes of the other four, hence her lack of red.

EDIT: Also, these guys haven't been posted yet:

WP3lTjP.png

aJdWlDS.png

Looks like we know the RB half of the Chaos deck. Actually I'm pretty sure that means Kydele is the other commander. Looks like the partners aren't going have that much in box synergy. Though Kydele plays very well with the UBRG Nephilim.

Atraxa can play me, proliferates and thus would reasonably want to play me, and is a frightening being in her own right!

I for one welcome my new Phyrexian overlords!

[spoiler=Out of Character]

Atraxa is the colors I was most anticipating. And although I am slightly disappointed that she doesn't have a clear goal in mind for her deck, it's possible I'll still build her, depending on the other four's designs, or...

The partners. Very awesome, and I'm excited to see what the rest do. Currently, Kydele and Kraum look like a strong pairing, so until we see the others, they're at the top of the list for me.

I'm curious of Commander's Sphere, Command Tower, and other such cards will be given erratas with their reprint to say "One of your commanders' color identities" or if it will just be an understanding that you can select any of the three to four colors from among your duo.

The hype is too real.

She does give some direction at least. She seems especially good with planeswalkers for example. And although I'm not a fan of 4 CMC commanders that can die so easily, my guess is you wouldn't want to play her until a little later anyway.

This is what Commander's Sphere and Command Tower look like

UEmJRl3jkH_EN.png8FQaBP5bS8_EN.png

Pretty sure they are the same.

Archived