[Shadowverse] White Wolf + Rose Queen

Spinny

Hey, I'm not the only person in the world who plays Rose Queen! I think I can be of some help here.

First off, I don't think Rhinoceroach + Goblin Mage is very good here. I haven't been able to test it because I only own one Rhinoceroach, but it seems like it doesn't play well with Queen on paper. They both want lots of fairies in your hand, sure, but they want to do different things with them. Roach requires you to drop your hand to make it big, whereas Queen wants you to keep as many fairies in your hand as possible to get lots of Thorn Bursts. Especially with no Nature's Guidance or other bouncers except Ancient Elf, you'd need to make a LOT of fairies to get value out of both Queen and Roach. Plus, the lack of Guidance makes Roach a lot weaker anyway. Seems like running some stuff for Roach and some for Queen just makes both game plans weaker, so I'd drop the Roaches and Goblins. I'd test it some before dropping it because again, this is all speculation on my part, but I'd be willing to be it won't work too well.

Also, I've found that Fairy Caster and Verdant Steward aren't that great. Your hand tends to get filled up really fast with this deck, especially since you want to save fairies so you have 4-5 on turn 8 or 9 to combo with Queen. By the time Caster or Steward can come down, you're most likely going to have a large hand from all your earlier fairy generators, which puts you in awkward situations where you can't play your 5-drop without overdrawing. Plus, a lot of the time, the only play you have in those cases is to play a bunch of fairies, which isn't particularly strong and fucks up your Queen value. You can probably run a couple Stewards if you want because you have a little less early fairy cards than I do, but I wouldn't recommend more than that. I guess you might be able to get away with more if you're playing more fairies to combo with Roach, but I've already given my opinion on that.

Other than that, I haven't found Rose Gardener to be particularly great. It's pretty inconsistent about getting great value with its effect. I've found that Fairy Knight is a pretty good four drop because it can act as removal without an evolve on top of giving you a fairy. That said, Gardener is better vs midrange/control stuff, so if you aren't facing much aggro it could be fine to run a couple. Also, Will of the Forest is a pretty great card in this deck. Your hand is gonna be huge a lot of the time, and it's the only real AoE you have access to. It's the best shot you have at dealing with a big Daria board and given how prevalent that deck is, I'd recommend running some. Finally, Crystalia Tia is a really, really good card. It does usually force you to play some fairies to activate it, but it's worth it. The value from Tia is pretty crazy, especially with Elven Princess Mage.

I think that's all I've got for now. The only other note is that you'll probably have trouble if you face lots of aggro 'cause Queen is hella slow, so you may need to tech some stuff to deal with that. But yeah, quick tl;dr: Roach is probably bad, Steward and Caster (especially Caster) often end up overdrawing you, Fairy Knight > Rose Gardener IMO, Will of the Forest is good, Tia is good.

I think that's all I've got for now. The only other note is that you'll probably have trouble if you face lots of aggro 'cause Queen is hella slow, so you may need to tech some stuff to deal with that. But yeah, quick tl;dr: Roach is probably bad, Steward and Caster (especially Caster) often end up overdrawing you, Fairy Knight > Rose Gardener IMO, Will of the Forest is good, Tia is good.

Wait ill put my new build up, this isnt an updated list sorry >.<

Archived