Cherry Heart: A Quest Based RP [Main Thread/IC/Starting/Currently Not Accepting/Co-hosted by Skaia]

Maeriberii Haan

xIKx00H.png?1

As the group had finally made their way back to the town of Prunus, Fen felt a bit of relief wash over her. The whole ride had back had felt somewhat awkward for her, as well as coming with it a feeling of disappointment. The lizard girl had fallen asleep on the floor fairly quickly, adding to her general unease, while the other two of her guild-mates seemed incredibly exhausted. She, however, did not. Sure, she was a bit tired from the whole excursion, as she had exerted herself, but it was nothing close to the feelings that her teammates that had given far more were experiencing. When it came to the puzzle she only did as told. When it came the fight against Barkskin she was easily outclassed and defeated by her opponent. When it came to the fight against Neru she had only managed to hit him because of everyone else, and even then it wasn't like she was all that involved in it to begin with. 

She had also gotten the feeling from both Ro and Vincent that she was something more they had to protect and like a liability to them, then an actual productive team member. She had gone on the quest to make something better of herself, to not be just a frail girl who didn't belong doing these quests. In the end, while the group had passed the quest, she had failed hers. 

As such, returning to the guild hall had helped ease her melancholic mood. And, while the group had managed to complete the quest, she figured she'd find something to make as a reward for them. As such, once the carriage came to its stop, the girl got ready to exit, though noticed their lizard guild-mate didn't seem to be getting ready to leave. "Um," she started. "Excuse me, Ms.-" she stopped as she tried to figure out what to call the girl. She didn't actually know her name, but saying "Ms. Lizard Person," felt a bit offensive. So, she was at a loss. Instead, poking the girl and trying to jostle her awake saying, "um, excuse me, but we have to get out now. We're back." 

The lizard girl took a bit to wake back up, stretching herself out as she did, but eventually the girl managed to get herself up and leave the cart. Now back at the guild hall proper, the girl turned to her other team members and said, "right I, um, didn't say this before but, good work, um, on the mission everyone. I figured I'd make you all something to eat, but, well, I don't know what any of you like so if you have requests..." The girl trailed off a bit. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9pJuHuy.png

Ro

mMh3ba1.png

They had finally made it back to their guild hall after what had been an exhausting series of events. The little chef-girl started speaking up. The boy paused, blinking slowly, the gears in his head almost audible as his brain slowly comprehended what she was saying. He shrugged it off, yawning.

“I’d be fine with anything from a pretty lil’ lass like you.” Ro’s head suddenly lifted up slightly, his eyes glinting. “Ah, but, anything with meat. I love any kind, just gimme a lot.” Fishing in his pockets, he pulled out a small silk pouch that let out metallic clinking noises, tossing it to Fen. “I’d feel bad if I made you pay for my own food, take this. Nicked this off some random fat aristocrat. Not like he’s gonna miss it anyways.”

Ro paused. Ah, crap. This little girl’s probably gonna chew me out for stealing, isn’t she? Man, it’s unsettling to be around someone this purehearted. He held his hands up, frowning slightly. “Sorry, I, won’t steal again?”

mMh3ba1.png

• 2 weeks later...

N0dTyer.png

"It can't be helped, I suppose."

As angry and disappointed Guildmaster Florentia was at the sudden resignation of Auburn, ultimately it was not something she was able to fault at him that much. He did end up being tangled into more than what he bargained for, and even worse, he was tangled by Florentia's own personal affairs. If anything, at least he did help in refurbishing the guild and keeping true to his words while he was actually around. For that, Florentia was grateful.

She was working on some administrative papers when she heard the news that the guildmembers dealing with the Rank-Up quest had finally finished with their quest and was already on their way back. She hastily prepared herself and finished what she was doing, before going out, towards the gates of the guild.

She waited by standing still, and a long while later, the sight of the carriage made itself clear on the distance. Smiling for once as she confirmed the sight, Florentia decided to return inside, and waited for them to get out of the carriage while she stood insde the guild hall, on her favorite standng spot.

As the guildmembers entered the hall, talking with each other with various expression on their face, Florentia's voice boomed.

"Congratulations on finishing the quest. It really had taken quite a while, but I believe that the four of you had done your best. While I would like to see a report later on about the events of this quest, for the time being, enjoy your rest."

xIKx00H.png?1

While Ro was the only one to give her an actual answer to her question, it wasn't exactly helpful. There were many kinds of meats she could think to use and wasn't entirely sure where to start, and she hadn't been out on a hunting trip for awhile so it wasn't as though there was something unique to offer. Regardless, the girl began to think on what she would be able to do with anything she could find in the market, though expenses were a bit  limited on that front. As she thought about that, though, the boy pulled out a fine looking purse of which he admitted to having stolen. As she looked at the purse and back to the boy, it was clear that her expression was upset about his act and while he apologized it was pretty clear to tell that it was halfhearted at best. "Well, be sure that you don't. Someone had to work to get that money and robbing them of it is just plain wrong, so be sure that you don't make a habit of it." The usually timid girl adamantly handed the money back to Ro before seeming to start to think about something. 

As the group made their way inside, Fen still thinking about their meal plans, they were greeted by their guild master. As they went on and congratulated them about their job well done on the  quest, Fen seemed to tense up a bit and say, "oh well, yeah. It um, it was uh, it was difficult yeah." The girl was not looking forward to giving her own report to Florentia, simply hoping that one of the others would do it. As if trying to switch the subject away from the matter of the quest and more to the matter of their free time now, the girl then said, "um, Ms. Florentia. We actually were just thinking about what to get to eat. And well, um, we don't have much money so um. I was thinking it'd be nice if we all went on a little um, hunting trip. If that's alright with you," she then turned to the rest of the guild members saying, "and of course the rest of you as well."  While she seemed to look for everyone else's on the matter, there was a small hint of a glare towards Ro as she asked. 

Kasayee gave Fen a confused look in response to her question. What did she mean make something to eat? That thing called...cooking? She never understood it. Why waste time breaking down the food when you could just eat it from the source in much less time. It was one of the things that most baffled her about the so called "civilized" world.

In any case nothing much important came from it but she followed the rest into the guild for their leader to congratulate them and tell them they have earned a rest. "It wasn't a very hard test." Kasayee admitted. "I didn't have to do much." Even including the battle with the other guild it all seemed pretty laid back. The puzzle was simple and the final test they just overwhelmed with numbers.

Which was perfectly fine by Kasayee. Now she could just...

"um, Ms. Florentia. We actually were just thinking about what to get to eat. And well, um, we don't have much money so um. I was thinking it'd be nice if we all went on a little um, hunting trip. If that's alright with you," she then turned to the rest of the guild members saying, "and of course the rest of you as well."

Kasayee perked up a bit at this. Food. Yes. She should get some of that. maybe store some away for future use so she didn't have to go out for a while. "I can hunt." She said. "Not as easily with that smell though." She nodded towards Ro before looking back to Fen and narrowing her eyes. "You don't intend to...'cook' my kill do you?"

Archived