2017 TCG Rulebook!

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/YS17_BG_EN.pdf

The new rulebook for 2017 is out! As far as I can tell, the information on Link Monsters seems accurate to what we knew so far from the OCG. There are a few terms changed, like Mutual Link being co-linked and Link Number being LINK Rating and Linked State being simply linked. Also, they are using the term "recipe" to describe the specifics of the monsters needed to Link Summon, I believe we would use the term material requirements before, so the recipe of Decode Talker would be 2+ Effect Monsters, but the LINK Rating is 3. I feel like the fact that recipe is in quotes means that it's just their way of saying it in the rulebook, similar things have happened before that I wouldn't use in normal terms.

It also appears that the TCG is adopting "[ ... / Normal ]" on Normal Monsters as well, so that's cool, but not unexpected. (This is the one thing YGOrg didn't seem to take note of.)

I don't think "co-linked" is capitalised as you've made it.

This isn't the rulebook for the record, just the beginner's guide that comes with Link Strike.

It also appears that the TCG is adopting "[ ... / Normal ]" on Normal Monsters as well, so that's cool, but not unexpected. (This is the one thing YGOrg didn't seem to take note of.)

I don't think "co-linked" is capitalised as you've made it.

This isn't the rulebook for the record, just the beginner's guide that comes with Link Strike.

Hadn't noticed that Normal Monsters were like that, neat to know.

Don't know why I wrote it like that, seemed nicer in my head, but linked isn't either, so makes sense.

Aren't they basically the same thing? I wouldn't really know, I don't buy these things.

Archived