[MTG] Arahbo, Roar of the World

Arahbo-Roar-of-the-World.jpg

Incase you can't read it

Eminence- At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Arahbo, Roar of the World is in the command zone or battlefield, another target cat you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn.

Whenever another cat you control attacks, you may pay 1GW, if you do, it gains trample and gets +x/+x until end of turn, where x is its power.

Catmander

Green/white cats that may see a reprint, based on this info:

• Enlightened Ascetic
  • Felidar Cub
  • Fleecemane Lion
  • Leonin Arbiter
  • Leonin Relic-Warder
  • Oreskos Explorer
  • Qasali Pridemage
  • Whitemane Lion
  • Brimaz, King of Oreskos
  • Fleetfoot Panther
  • Hunting Cheetah
  • Kemba, Kha Regent
  • Mirri, Cat Warrior
  • Qasali Ambusher
  • Waiting in the Weeds
  • White Sun's Zenith
  • Ajani's Chosen
  • Felidar Guardian
  • Healer of the Pride
  • Jazal Goldmane
  • Seht's Tiger
  • Taj-Nar Swordsmith
  • Temur Sabertooth
  • Arctic Nishoba
  • Felidar Sovereign
  • Jareth, Leonin Titan
  • Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
  • Nacatl War-Pride
  • Sabertooth Nishoba
  • Spirit of the Hearth
  • Phantom Nishoba
  • Raksha Golden-Cub

That's actually a pretty long list. Was skeptical about cats as a tribe, seeing as historically they've received little tribal support, but there's enough of a starting base. You'd definitely want to upgrade it with Amonkhet cards, though: Regal Caracal, Pride Sovereign, Prowling Serpopard...

Anyhow, Arahbo seems decent. I'm sure he's better than he looks - reminds me a lot of a cat-centric Xenagos.

So Cats are gonna be pretty aggro, as are dragons. Hoping one of the other two tribes will be less adamant about attacking.

I hadn't thought about that. Yea, the commander decks tend to hit a few play styles so we should be seeing a more defensive deck between the last two. Most likely the blue one. Hopefully it will be Merfolk.

so we got one deck of cats, another of dragons, and one of the dragon ones is also a cat based on the earlier leak we had.

Well this is going to be strange

I would be so cool if all the tribal decks had a commander that would work with the other decks.

I hadn't thought about that. Yea, the commander decks tend to hit a few play styles so we should be seeing a more defensive deck between the last two. Most likely the blue one. Hopefully it will be Merfolk.

merfolk are getting a duel deck, so i'm not sure wizards would want to have a lot of the same reprints floating around

inb4, someone mentions back to back damnation reprints. 

I decided today that I'm hoping horrors are one of the tribes. Probably one of my favorite creature types, but so far hasn't been coherent enough to warrant doing anything with.

I decided today that I'm hoping horrors are one of the tribes. Probably one of my favorite creature types, but so far hasn't been coherent enough to warrant doing anything with.

maybe demons/ horrors so they won't have print so many new ones. not really sure how many good and/or tribal horrors there are

Archived