From Victory to Oblivion: A Real Life War [OOC Thread] [Started/Not Accepting] [R-16]

Personality: What do you think you are like? Egotistical? Kind? Caring?

Appearance Description: Use visual aids of yourself to help you with that. Hair, eyes, skin tone, height, weight, build and additional clothing.

Don’t worry about it, it was planned from the very getgo. Ever since I came back to YCM.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=From the world of Aelion (This will take quite a bit to figure out how to document everything)]Personal Information

9j8z5EF.png

Insert Character Quote here

Name: Flavius the Resolute, Elder God of Technology

~My human last name has been lost to time, even to myself

Age: My age I no longer have, but I do know that I have been Immortal for at least four centuries

Race: Immortal Human, and not in the same way as the Cyborgs and Subjects

Appearance:[spoiler=I am feeling rather-violated, due to the fact that someone was willing to make a profiling picture of me]ilya-bodaykin-flavius.jpg?1454759885

While I cannot describe a large portion of my attire, due to lack of knowledge regarding what the words would be to refer to them, I can give descriptions of more permanent traits.

My Nimbus, the askew golden circlet around my head, floats above a head of short, wild orange-red hair. My eyes are a bright teal due to the light that glows through them. I am of pale skin, like many of my fellow Immortals, due to the fact that the skin of an Immortal naturally pales over time. For the lower-halves of both of my arms, they have long been replaced with mechanized replicas colored gold that I can still feel the sensation of touch through. Outside of appearance, they are effectively the same as if I had not done so. While it is always not visible, I project a natural teal-colored halo around myself, a glow that is always visible on the inside of my Nimbus.

Personality: I may need the help of my adepts for this.

(One or more paragraphs explaining your character's personality.)

Biography: (2 or more paragraphs explaining when and where your character was born (if your character doesn’t come from the real world; state where he/she descended from), his/her family and what they did for a living. You need to also explain your character’s intention of helping in the war, which flank they’ll be in and any ideas they have for the Founding Emperor regarding how to make his country a prosperous place once again.)

Is Your Character an Underwater Fighter? I do not need to breathe, so maybe?

Combat Information

Weapon Information:

~The following weapons are summoned and unsummoned as needed, they do not transform into each other.

[spoiler=Tank Styles][spoiler=Paladin]Weapon Type: Sword and Shield

Weapon Name: Executor Sword and Shield

Can it Morph?: No

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None/Physical (Weapon) / Light (attacks used with it)

[spoiler=Knight]Weapon Type: Spear and Shield

Weapon Name: Veteran Spear and Shield

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None/Physical (Weapon) / Light (attacks used with it)

[spoiler=Support Styles][spoiler=Alchemist]Weapon Type: Backpack-styled Alchemy Laboratory

Weapon Name: Protector Manipulators

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None

[spoiler=Lightbender]Weapon Type: Light Rod

Weapon Name: Cleansing Light Rod

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: Light

[spoiler=Damage (Melee) Styles][spoiler=Monk]Weapon Type: Combat Pole

Weapon Name: Roaring Fire Combat Pole

Can it Morph?: Only to condense its size out of combat

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: Fire (Weapon) / Fire, Wind or Earth (attacks used with it)

[spoiler=Slayer]Weapon Type:

Weapon Name: Sarn's Rage

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: Dark/Physical

[spoiler=Berserker]Weapon Type: Chainsaw

Weapon Name: Executor Chainsaw

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None/Physical

[spoiler=Damage (Energey-based) Styles][spoiler=Necromancer]Weapon Type: Scythe

Weapon Name: Scythe of Doom

Can it Morph?: No (but its wielder can!)

Morphed Weapon Types/Familiars:

~Lich Form:

~Summoned Spectral Vipers:

~Summoned Spectral Skeletons:

~Summoned Spectral Carrion:

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: Dark

[spoiler=Warlock]Weapon Type:

Weapon Name: Astral Stream

Appearance:

Background:

Elemental Affinity: Dark

[spoiler=Cryomancer]Weapon Type: Crystal

Weapon Name: Storm Heart Crystal

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: Water

[spoiler=Kinetic]Weapon Type: Kinetic Gloves

Weapon Name: Infused Kinetic Gloves

Appearance: The gold-colored metallic lower arms that I have are those same gloves.

Elemental Affinity: None/Non-Physical

[spoiler=Damage (Ranged)][spoiler=Archer]Weapon Type: Bow

Weapon Name: Sniper Bow

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None/Physical (weapon) / Fire or Electric (Attacks used with it)

[spoiler=Gunner]Weapon Type: Machine Gun

Weapon Name:

Can it Morph?: Yes

~

~

Appearance:

Background:

Elemental Affinity:

[spoiler=Outlaw]Weapon Type: Dual Handguns

Weapon Name: Mercenary Revolvers

Appearance:

Elemental Affinity: None/Physical (Weapon / Fire (Attacks used with it)

Base Abilities:

~Reincarnative Immortality: The physical form you see is but a shell. The true body of an Immortal is the formless ether body that hides within it, the source of the glow in my eyes as well as my aura. When the shell is beyond repair, it is abandoned and broken apart before the ether body flees and reforms a new body in safety.

~Lack of Mortal Needs: Unlike mortals, Immortals like myself have no need to eat, drink, breath or sleep. We can even survive in the vacuum of space indefinitely without need for any form of protection.

~Literally Empowered by Faith: While I lack the mortal needs above, they are replaced by the need for something else, the need for Faith, for those to worship me and fill me with their hopes and prayers. If belief in me fade from the minds from the minds of the mortals, I will fade from existence over time. Essentially, I am a concept kept in existence by the mortals. All Immortals of Aelion are like this, and therefore while we Immortals may appear to be all-powerful, the real power comes from those that worship us.

~Consumable Immunity: Many forms of medications made for mortals do not work for Immortals, due to the altered biology we gain upon our initial death. Because of this, unless it is specifically made for someone like me, I cannot use most of the consumables available.

~Attuned with Electricity and Light: Because of my very nature regarding machines and my divinity, if I was to try to learn the various spells from the spellbooks, while I would be guaranteed to learn the healing and electrical spells, even the versions of those elements in the chaos books and the Emperor's Spellbook, if I fail to learn the other spells in the different books, they end up costing me Faith to make use of until I learn the rest of the spells. For example, if I was to use the Emperor's Spellbook to learn Heaven's Blessing and Storm Terror, if I was unsuccessful in learning the other spells, they would have their cost paid in whatever Faith I may have stockpiled instead of the current resource of the battle style currently in use.

~Divine Healing: A method of self-healing that draws strength from Faith, I have my own way of emulating the effects of the items that restore HP for all others.

~Willpower: There is one thing that is near impossible to do, and that is imprison an Immortal by any means for very long, especially one that has awakened their Divine Form. In fact, I am the only one that knows how to truly imprison an Immortal, and that is due to being required to create one by the Wargoddess Ianna to hold in a single spot another that was possessed by the shard of the Avatar of Thanatos, the God of Death.

[spoiler=~Divine Form:]~

Fighting Style: While I prefer not to get involved in the fight myself, when I am stuck in such a scenario, I normally play a supportive role with the skills of an Alchemist, keeping allies alive, strengthening them and weakening foes. As a trainer of new-fledged Immortals, however, I can easily fill in other roles as well, such as with the tank role of the Paladin as well as the three known versions of damaging roles: melee with Slayer, ranged with Gunner and magical with Warlock. I, however, can make equal use of all the different fighting styles of Immortals.[spoiler=Tank Styles][spoiler=Paladin]~

[spoiler=Knight]~

[spoiler=Support Styles][spoiler=Alchemist]~

[spoiler=Lightbender]~

[spoiler=Damage (Melee)][spoiler=Monk]~

[spoiler=Slayer]~

[spoiler=Bersrker]~

[spoiler=Damage (Energey-based)][spoiler=Necromancer]~

[spoiler=Warlock]~

[spoiler=Crynomancer]~

[spoiler=Kinetic]~

[spoiler=Damage (Ranged)][spoiler=Archer]~

[spoiler=Gunner]~

[spoiler=Outlaw]~

Magic: Even someone like myself cannot avoid the presence of magic, which means that I also have some magical ability, including the Divine Form.

Inventory:

Miscellaneous Information

Theme Tune: Mercedes Lackey - The Cost Of The Crown

First Appearance: According to this world, within the game Skyforge

Recent Appearance: Why, here, of course.

(Then it’s up to you to decide whether or not to cover anything else that isn’t in the app skeleton.)

XD

Yeah, while I do plan on bringing the Elder God into this, he's primarily gonna be a supportive NPC unless sheet has absolutely hit the fan and sprayed everywhere. His Divine Form would trivialize a lot of the foes, but a mechanic in his world prevents him from just abusing it. Just because he will be an NPC that I primarily control, doesn't mean he doesn't have a story in scheming of his own.

[spoiler=Cooper Anderson: 10 Years Later]

Personal Information

[spoiler=Who?]

Name: Cooper Anderson

“Love isn’t some ambiguous feeling, it’s action.”

“Time is an illusion”

Race: Human

[spoiler=Appearance] He stands at a modest 5’9” his skin the color of coffee with a modest amount of creamer. He has a pony tail that has dark brown roots but the end has been growing for so long that it has taken an auburn hue at the ends. His eyes are the color of mahogany. He consistently wears two layers of clothing. His outfit is usually fit for battle and it gives him a wide range of motion. Meanwhile what he wears on top is a long brown robe akin to a Jedi of star wars lore. His shoes are still usually red. A decade of fighting and solitude in a room where all he could entertain himself with was exercise his arms have gotten significantly larger. His core is solid like an oak tree. And to be honest, he still does a lot of running now mixed in with jumping

[spoiler=Personality] Cooper is a variable storm of conflicting emotions. His mother’s family had a history of bi-polar disorder that has hung over him like a shadow. He battles this daily with a cheery outlook and sunny disposition. He figured from an early age that the more he smiled the harder it is to cry. The darkness within however cannot be contained forever and he finds that he is quick to anger and always vails his kindness and sweet tendencies with a sheen of mean jokes. While he is sure to never go over the edge and say something that would hurt someone at their core, he can make enemies as quickly as he tries to make friends.

Cooper is much the same as he was before, however his solitude and thinking has made him somewhat of a loner. He is still relentless in his pursuit of truth and light but now he understands that he isn’t always the hero of every story. He has become a self-sacrificing hero of the people, which, to be honest, has always kind of been his goal. Cooper tends to talk to God audibly now and may seem like a nutcase, but when he swings into battle you can’t help but believe that he really knows the creator of the Multiverse.

[spoiler=Biography]

Cooper is from a sprawling metropolis that evolved from a suburb of the hub of the world. The City of New Covenant is trying hard to find its own legs standing in the shadow of Empire City. His father was an important journalist for the president of a distant land from across a vast ocean. When civil war broke out in that country he fled to New Covenant to start a new. A series of unfortunate events has led to him being a measly driving instructor but he passed on his firm love of others and his dedication to his son. His mother is consistently ravaged by bouts of varied emotion but does her best to be the mother her children deserve. Cooper holds tightly to love amongst all other things because it is the most powerful force.

His dedication to love led him to his weapon, The Mercury Sword. To a girl who he called princess. Yet that was all derailed when he received a letter. A letter that plagued him for weeks until he decided he knew what he must do. If he was to believe himself truly a protector of earth he would have to stop conflict before it began, much like he did when he was a lifeguard. Because the best way to save someone’s life, is to make sure they are never in danger to begin with. Thus, the crossroads, the place between torment and paradise. The place where atonement and mercy meet, purgatory, was his destination. There he hoped to calm the tide of war anyway he could.

10 Years ago Cooper gave up his life to save the ones he loved. He didn’t know it yet but that decision was one that would affect his life in ways he couldn’t comprehend. The afterlife had found itself in three conflicts and Cooper abandoned his reality to help those in a different one. He never speaks of the outcome in purgatory’s gateway but his battle scars have only made his hide a bit tougher. Cooper began to feel that his struggle was aiding the Princess he was sworn to protect and after a particular phone call, even his younger brother.

Now he has joined the real world and prepares to fight in a war, a war that could take him from Victory to Oblivion if he doesn’t play his hand right. He was all set to begin battling until a particular dream sent him in search of two people he never imagined he would see again. He chose to abandon his post at risk of being considered a deserter, so that he could help train his brother and the princess he never imagined would become a fighter. His story may be over, but this war was only beginning.

[spoiler=What?]

Combat Information

[spoiler=Weapon Information]

Weapon Type: Sword/Hook/Chain

Weapon Name: The Mercury Sword

Appearance: The weapon is mostly just the base, a brown metal cross, handguard with black rubber providing comfort and ease of use for the wielder. The “sword” bit is a substance that comes from this hilt that can take the form of a blade the wielder imagines.

Weapon Background: The weapon’s origins are shrouded in speculation. Many believe it to be created by ancient defenders who believed that a girl and boy were born each time the world was about to enter into great turmoil. While one was descended from royalty the other was descended from knighthood. The Mercury Sword was created to be whatever the wielder needed at the time to help them protect the royalty in their specific timeline. The shortsighted-ness of the creators did not account for the modern world of projectile metal weapons but the mercury is sufficient (provided proper training) to defend the holder from an onslaught.

[spoiler=Base Skill/Abilities]

Precognition: Cooper has gut feelings that make him speculate carrying out specific decisions. In battle in increases his ability to parry an attack and decide how best to follow up with another attack.

Psionic Communication: Cooper, as the chosen defender of “the Princess” can communicate with the “mercury” in his weapon to control the way it flows in battle. Often times he can transform it between weapons provided he is not engaged in combat at the moment.

Elemental Affinity: Wind, Earth, Water

[spoiler=Inventory]

Enchanted Chopsticks- From the day he first saved the princess. He never threw them away and when he decided to venture to save the afterlife he brought them along to remind him of his true purpose. His determination and what little reward he got were used to enchant the chopsticks. They are now covered in a thin layer of gold and decorated with jewels and metals to strengthen them.

Leather Greaves- In Cooper’s early years as a defender he found he would often get his knuckles bruised in combat. To remedy this, he wore gloves and greaves. As he became more skilled he decided the greaves were good for taking hits on purpose (Provided the weapon wouldn’t slice through). To remedy this, he put a metallic alloy in the center of two pieces of leather that he knew would take attacks from most non-enhanced weapons.

Miscellaneous Information

Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEgjc7a2Jx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxlukevmts

Scars: One on his left cheek and several on his forearms where the greaves had failed. There are possibly numerous around his torso but he never has his clothes off long enough for anyone to asses them.

Smoke or Drink: Drinks occasionally (but more frequently than he should) to keep his nerves in check after his time battling replicas in purgatory.

Original App: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/365381-conflict-in-the-three-gateways-ooc-threadstartedconditional-acceptance-r-16/?p=7028394

• 2 weeks later...

NPC and the next titular protagonist, Haruhiko Hyodo will join the Second Flank.

Haruhiko is a 19 year old teenage convict who had been behind bars for just over a year. He was let out by prison wardens to be part of this war but he is set to have his own story as the year ends, or probably immediately after. He will be wielding rays of light and darkness shaped into swords that fly around him.

Although he is just as nice a guy as the Founding Emperor, he holds a valor that when he fights, he holds nothing back, sometimes crushing the enemies with his bare hands at brute force. He murdered over 250 people between the year 2072 and the year 2074 and was jailed for it just recently. Some say he is just as bad as Boss Hiiro Toshirou, except he's not a controller of Sadistic Dolls.

He is the master of brute force, Tier 3 Elemental Magic and Tier 3 Chaos Magic but he holds no particular resistances to speak of. Despite looking as such, he is not as strong as the Founding Emperor but he is definitely stronger than the rest of the Coalition though not far off.

He shall join the fray at the same time as NPCs Kane Underwood, Kayne Whites VI and VII.

213jbrs.jpg

Looks like you're working with a convict.

NPC and sixth titular protagonist Koneko Tsushima will be joining the Fourth Flank.

Koneko is a 15 year old nekomata who was stuck in her human form for most of her life. To be precise, she was stuck in that form ever since she was four. The cat girl has descended from the future, having traveled back to the past to help out in the war. Her main story focuses on the era of the Sixth Emperor which is dominated entirely by Immortal Subjects and wields a pair of spiked gloves as her weapons.

The 15 year old had lived far beyond the Founding Emperor's expectations and without him there, she would be on her own. The reason she knows this cyborg was because the Sixth Emperor told her about him. She was used to it, however. She lived alone ever since she was a young child who focused her mind on nothing other than hand-to-hand combat.

She is the master of the Earth element but holds no magic to speak of. Although she strongly resembles most anime cat girls you have seen, we could easily tell the difference. Koneko could lift objects or people up to three times her own weight, something the Founding Emperor could no longer do.

She joins in the war during Chapter 3. Take the time needed to know this particular NPC.

213jbrs.jpg

First, a humanoid dragon, next a nekomata.

Enjoy, Gemini... But keep your perverted personality to yourself.

Archived