Dreamcast

Father Wolf

Why did the Dreamcast die? I never really got why it did. it had top of the line graphics at the time (many games that were out for the ps2 and the cast, looked alot better on the cast). it came out a year and a half before the compatition. And to top it off it had great and rememberible charactures and game like sonic.

Now the Dreamcast is in a box in your basement never to be opend again. While your playing your ps3/360/wii with your ps2 under nether those councels for when ever your want to play a classic game. Heck your old xbox and 64 might be there to, but no not your dreamcast.

Anyways in short: where is your dreamcast now? did you even get one? think it was a good system that some how failed? or no it was a bad system that never stood a chance like most sega games after the genesis?

(im sorry if this was made be for. if it was kindly lock this slimy =3 )

Well nintendo and sega really went at it. then i think sony really deliverd the final blow to the company, so they pretty much sold out to there old enemy. kinda sad.

DJ: im glad to see you not miss treating your old dreamcast i just dug mine out and im playing graundia on it again fun fun.

Here's what my friend told me:

SEGA finally got the console business right with the Dreamcast. However, by that time, SONY was thinking, "We need something bigger. Better. MORE EVIL." And thus came the dark birth of the PS2. It was basically because of the PS2 that the Dreamcast bombed out. And with that, SONY killed SEGA in terms of consoles. At least, that's what he told me.

The Dreamcast died for 2 reasons.

1) Sega kept on jumping from console to console. About a year (or was it less) after the Saturn came out Sega already started planning the Dreamcast. Plus their are other consoles that Sega made that they just forgot about or just simply sucked. This made people think that Sega would do this again with the Dreamcast

2) As TAG said the PS2 out classed the Dreamcast

What Flame Dragon said...

I got a Dreamcast just for Sonic Adventures 1 and 2. My friends and I played the heck out of Sonic Adventure 2 for a while until we just suddenly got bored with it. After that, I got a Gamecube and just forgot about my Dreamcast. (I later got the ports of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the Gamecube too).

Sonic Shuffle and The Power Stone Series were awesome games

Gawd Sonic shuffle was sooooo fun i probly waisted a whole weekend on it XD.

sonic adventure 1 and soul caliber 1 oh yeah lol

o_O

What? The game was a really bad game, IMO (as well as a lot of other people's opinions). (I understand that those are your opinions, but this is mine. :D)

Sonic Adventure 1, however, was great (Haven't played it, but from what I've heard and seen, it was great.).

Sonic Adventure 1' date=' however, was great (Haven't played it, but from what I've heard and seen, it was great.).

[/quote']

I thought it was one of the better 3-D ones. (If that's saying anything). I thought when Sonic Heroes came out, that's when the series started to... well, suck.

agreed sonic needs to die its been over killed 1000 times over

Sonic Adventure 1' date=' however, was great (Haven't played it, but from what I've heard and seen, it was great.).

[/quote']

I thought it was one of the better 3-D ones. (If that's saying anything). I thought when Sonic Heroes came out, that's when the series started to... well, suck.

agreed sonic needs to die its been over killed 1000 times over

I wish SEGA would either:

a) Shape up and actually get him done right.

b) Lay him to rest (they had the opportunity in Sonic '06)

c) Make Robotnik the main character. :D (i choos dis wun).

Archived