Reiteration of Rules 3 and 4

YCMaker

I have seen people do this. *Cough* Crab Helmet *Cough*. If we keep doing this to new members, few new members may join at all. Look at this:

1) YCMaker creates YCM.

2) New members join.

3) They get thier post count up, and some become mods.

4) Instead of helping n00bs, Newbs, and Noobs they insult, make fun of, and belittle them.

5) YCM gets a reputation of being bad towards new people.

6) Legendaries leave, YCM still with bad reputation.

7) YCM falls.

You have probably heard this a million times: Everyone was a noob once. Which is true. It doesn't matter if it was 5 minutes or 2 years, you were still a noob. Someone made an anti-noob thread. Someone left because of noobs. Without noobs, YCM would fall. Kudos YCMaker.

Besides' date=' as CA stated, older members should know how to behave, and that doesn't means they can say that something is terrible and that the newbie should leave forever nor use extreme amounts of sarcasm just to look cool.

[/quote']

If that's referring to me, I must say I question the use of the word "extreme" and the "just to look cool" part. I already apologised for what you considered an "overuse" of sarcasm towards you, and if you can't take my word for it and get over it, you, indeed, would look just as "immature" as I.

Besides' date=' as CA stated, older members should know how to behave, and that doesn't means they can say that something is terrible and that the newbie should leave forever nor use extreme amounts of sarcasm just to look cool.

[/quote']

If that's referring to me, I must say I question the use of the word "extreme" and the "just to look cool" part. I already apologised for what you considered an "overuse" of sarcasm towards you, and if you can't take my word for it and get over it, you, indeed, would look just as "immature" as I.

I thought that issue was over. I'm not referring to you any longer. Just look around and you'll see what I mean.

[/quote']

I thought that issue was over. I'm not referring to you any longer. Just look around and you'll see what I mean.

I see. The bold is important.

Look around where, might I ask?

YCMaker, This is a decent idea, but I am not neccessarily thrilled. Most of us, are just asking the new members to read the rules before they start spamming again, and then, they flame us and we retaliate. I have seen this happen before. Most new members do not listen to us try to reason and keep on deliberately spamming just to anger and frusturate us. I do not think elite/veteran members should be banned temporarly for trying to set new members straight that have a bad attitude when someone tries to point them in the correct direction.

I know that there is a difference between a new member (newb) and a n00b (spamming disgrace). Not all new members are bad, just a good 1/2 of them are.

I just try to stop the n00bs and try to help the newbs become civilized members like most of YCM.

What you say is true.

I notice that most vetrans seem to think that all newbs are noobs. Dj was a noob once. I was a noob.... ok I'm still a noob but like Slimey or someone. Most newbs are driven out by evil members.

I don't get it. Why is it that when an evil member harasses a newb, they leave, but when they harass a noob, the noob just continues doing the wrong thing?

Because n00bs are evil. Understand that please.

New members' date=' I can tell if they mean no harm by their first 3 posts, same with n00bs.

We can now get banned for doing practically nothing other than getting into arguements with evil, spamming, n00bs

[/quote']

Damn, i loved arguing with the noobs and pwning them. Ah well.

[/quote']

I see. The bold is important.

Look around where, might I ask?

Well, I recall seeing some sarcasm here and there on the Card Maker forums.

Recall. I have a low-term memory -_-;

So anyways. Back on the rails. N00bs are a nuch of idiots and whatsoever, but you can't really say that someone's a n00b from their first post (or posts). Newbs try to learn, n00bs just get pissed. Whatever the reason, that's the objective of n00bs, so you might as well ignore them or report them, rather than try to outsmart them (which is the easiest thing in the world, but can annoy you in the process. Their logic is so illogical)

Because n00bs are evil. Understand that please.

New members' date=' I can tell if they mean no harm by their first 3 posts, same with n00bs.

We can now get banned for doing practically nothing other than getting into arguements with evil, spamming, n00bs

[/quote']

Damn, i loved arguing with the noobs and pwning them. Ah well.

XD.. As do I my friend, as do I.

Archived