Reiteration of Rules 3 and 4

YCMaker

• Administrators

Recently I've noticed a disturbing trend on the forum; veteran members feel they are entitled to harass and belittle new members, often for very small mistakes. If someone makes an honest mistake in the real world, it is common courtesy not only to be understanding and polite, but perhaps also to help them out. Surely this civility can be applied to the online world as well.

In order to better enforce both rules 3 and 4 on the forum, I will be temporarily banning any member that I find harassing/belittling/showing bad attitude towards new members. Hopefully we can, as a whole, become more kind and understanding on this forum.

Umm' date=' I know this is an excellent idea, and I'm not going against you or anything (thundery noise), but won't this inject a bit of animosity into the "aura" of the site?

[/quote']

You're saying there's something bad with people being nicer to new members?

Wow, you're really going the extra mile, YCMaker. This is great.

nice YCMaker' date=' this should improve the forums but what about if the new members flame us, I mean with the 100's of members a day, Its bound to happen

[/quote']

There isn't really much difference between a new member and an old member (at least, there shouldn't be) except that older members have been on longer.

Umm' date=' I know this is an excellent idea, and I'm not going against you or anything (thundery noise), but won't this inject a bit of animosity into the "aura" of the site?

[/quote']

You're saying there's something bad with people being nicer to new members?

No, no, I don't mean that!!! I mean... Oh, forget it; my feelings are kinda hard to explain in words alone.

• Administrators
nice YCMaker, this should improve the forums but what about if the new members flame us, I mean with the 100's of members a day, Its bound to happen

They too will be banned, if it looks like they are trying to cause trouble. Just remember not to take the bait and flame back.

About time someone notices. Last time I tried this, my thread got completely ignored ;.;

Besides, as CA stated, older members should know how to behave, and that doesn't means they can say that something is terrible and that the newbie should leave forever nor use extreme amounts of sarcasm just to look cool. Temp bans should do the trick.

About time someone notices. Last time I tried this' date=' my thread got completely ignored ;.;

Besides, as CA stated, older members should know how to behave, and that doesn't means they can say that something is terrible and that the newbie should leave forever nor use extreme amounts of sarcasm just to look cool. Temp bans should do the trick.

[/quote']

A agree with the most part, but on the sarcasm issue, if it's not intended to flame, it should be fine.

In my opinion the older member should get a much bigger sacking then the new member will get. They have been here for a while and should no what to do and what not.

I tottally agree. Older members should know not to flame new members even if they flame them. And if someone would flame me I would just ignore them and not worry about it

About time someone notices. Last time I tried this' date=' my thread got completely ignored ;.;

[/quote']

A agree with the most part, but on the sarcasm issue, if it's not intended to flame, it should be fine.

Agreed, sarcasm is good. just not when it is meant as an insult or used as a way of flaming.

Well, I can safly say I do not do that very much, if every. BUT, I also cannot say I have never done it. I know I am trying to be a mod, but, meh, I guess i'm kind of guilty of that. I have done that before, but that was when the whole family and dad thing was going on (Made a thread about it.) I am very sorry if I was meant to anybody then.

But, anyway, it's a nice idea to start to protect people from that sort of stuff. It can really be a bad thing.

Thanks YCMaker ^_^

Archived