ShFKYrd.jpg?1

Artist: Ozyako

Mist Valley Vanguard
Attribute: WIND
Type: Winged Beast/Link/Effect
Rating: 2
Link Markers: bottom-left, bottom-right
ATK: 1700
2 WIND monsters, including at least 1 Spellcaster, Thunder or Winged Beast monster
If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Mist Valley" monster from your Deck or GY, but its ATK/DEF become 0, also return it to the hand during the End Phase. (Quick Effect): You can target 1 WIND monster this card points to and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; return those targets to the hand. You can only use each effect of "Mist Valley Vanguard" once per turn.

I first made this card for the "Support an archetype" thread, but I liked the idea so I'm bringing it it this section. However, I made some changes, like the type from Thunder to Winged Beast, to go more in theme with the artwork I found, as well as "Mist Valley Shaman" as this card's attire more or less resembles hers, at least the colors.

Anyway, this card is intended to both support Mist Valleys, and possibly turn them into an engine. For starters, it searches for a Mist Valley in Needlefiber-style, giving some speed to Mist Valley decks, as well as materials for laddering if your are splashing them in WIND decks, while the second effect gives it some stun power if you decide to leave it on the board with a flavorful bounce effect characteristic of Mist Valleys, and can also enable combos along Divine Wind of Mist Valley, Mist Valley Thunderbird, etc.

Of course, an amusing interaction is searching for Apex Avian and pressure the opponent during your turn so you can follow up with plays more safely, and at the End Phase it's bounced back to your hand.

Considering that Mist Valley Watcher is a Normal, it may be possible to arrange some sort of engine involving this, Watcher, Rabbit and 1 Apex Avian.

Thoughts?

Archived