Total Drama Island.

Astro Dude

For those of you who don't know, I'll provide some details.

Total Drama Island is a cartoon based on the reality TV show, "Survivor". The formula for this show was pretty sweet. Take 22 totally different, yet stereotypical, teenagers, put them in a cruddy summer camp and have them compete for $100,000 (Imagine how many Yu-gi-oh cards you can buy with that). The shows teens were as follows:

Beth: The Wannabe.

DJ: The Big-hearted Linebacker.

Gwen: The Loner.

Geoff: The Party Animal.

Lindsay: The Dumb Princess (The lights are on but nobody's home.)

Heather: The Queen Bee.

Duncan: The Delinquent.

Tyler: The Jock.

Harold: The Dweeb.

Trent: The Cool Guy.

Bridgette: The Surfer Chick.

Noah: The Brainiac.

Leshawna: The Sister who will get up in your face if you cross her, dig?

Katie: The Sweet girl.

Sadie (Not to be confused with the Sadie from Yu-gi-oh GX): The Sweet girld BFFFL.

Ezekiel: The Homeschooled guy.

Cody: The Techno-geek.

Eva: The Female Bully.

Owen: The Funniest Guy Around (Sound familiar?).

Courtney: The A-Type.

Justin: The Eye-Candy (So hot he can stop sharks in their tracks.)

and

Izzy: The Psycho.

Put them all together with cruel challenges, foul food and horrible housing conditions and you get a show that can't be beat. I like this show. It had comedy, adventure, competition, romance, betrayl, manipulation and well as (all together now) DRAMA. I thought it was kinda cool when Gwen and Trent hooked up after the final episode. I even did cards on the characters of this show. I'm sure you've all seen them. Tell me what you think of this.

I think that we have enough reality tv shows without having to turn a cartoon into one.

Also, please put your viewpoints into it instead of just telling us what the show is. It is great that you did that but we want to know your viewpoints on it as well. Don't save that part of it for later on in the thread because very few people will reply unless you give your reasons for liking it.

Better, much better.

I never saw your cards, but again, I don't think we need a reality cartoon show.

If I remember correctly they just started showing it on 4kids correct?

I remember seeing the advertisement I think but I wasn't very interested.

I don't have time to watch cartoons anymore (unfortunately) but from what I've seen they have gone down hill compared to what I grew up with. Of course, I grew up with Looney Toons, Scooby Doo (the original), Casper, Rugrats, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Wild and Crazy Kids, Looney Toons, Muppet Babies, and all that good stuff :D

1. No, Teletoon, In Canada.

2. You posted Looney Tunes twice.

3. Are You Afraid of the Dark and Wild and Crazy Kids were not cartoons. I miss Wild and Crazy Kids. But Are You Afraid of the Dark, Not THAT much ( it's like a thirty minute horror movie (it can give you nightmares)). Not slamming. I love those shows too.

Archived