Pokemon

Horu

I'm reforming the set to work better so the basics can be good for more than just being evo materials.

For the set, I decided to do a Stage format. S0 will be the basic form (this will also cover single pokemon). The idea is this: S0 monsters can be summoned normally. S1 monsters if you lack the evo material, can be treated as level 5-6 monsters. S2 monsters can be treated as level 7 or higher when the evo material isn't available. SM monsters can be summoned with 3 tributes when you don't have the appropriate materials. I hope this will help a bit. But since these cards don't technically have levels/ranks,they can't be targeted by other cards. This also helps get past cards like Gravity Bind or Level Limit Area.
[spoiler=Kanto]
[spoiler=Basic]
Bulbasaur
Earth
Plant/Poison
S0 500/500
When this card is Summoned: Shuffle the top card from your GY into your Deck; draw 2 cards.

Charmander
Fire
Reptile
S0 550/450
When this card is Summoned: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand.

Squirtle
Water
Reptile
S0 500/650
When this card is Summoned: You gain LP equal to the number of cards in your hand x500.

Caterpie
Earth
Insect
S0 300/350
When this card is Summoned: Select 1 card at random from your opponent's hand; add that card to your hand.

Weedle
Earth
Insect/Poison
S0 350/300
When this card battles a monster: Place 1 Poison Counter on that monster; that monster loses ATK/DEF equal to it's Level/Rank x100.

Pidgey
Wind
Winged Beast
S0 450/400
When this card is summoned: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field.

Rattata
Earth
Beast
S0 600/350
When this card is Summoned: Special Summon up to 2 S0 monsters from your hand.

Spearow
Wind
Winged Beast
S0 600/300
When this card is selected as an attack target: Special Summon up to 2 "Speaow" from your hand or Deck.

Ekans
Earth
Reptile/Poison
S0 600/450
FLIP: Destroy the attacking monster; inflict 600 damage to your opponent's LP.

[spoiler=Stage 1]
Ivysaur
Earth
Plant/Poison
S1 1150/1150
"Bulbasaur"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Shuffle the top 3 cards from your GY into your Deck; draw 2 cards.

Charmeleon
Fire
Pyro
S1 1200/1050
"Charmander"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand.

Wartortle
Water
Reptile
S1 1150/1450
"Squirtle"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy 1 face-down monster your opponent controls.

Metapod
Earth
Insect
S1 500/900
"Caterpie"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card cannot be destroyed by battle while in face-up Defense Position.

Kakuna
Earth
Insect/Poison
S1 600/800
"Weedle"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card cannot be destroyed by battle while in face-up Defense Position.

Pidgeotto
Wind
Winged Beast
S1 1050/950
"Pidgey"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field.

Raticate
Earth
Beast
S1 1400/950
"Rattata"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card gains 600 ATK for each monster your opponent controls with 1500 or more ATK.

Fearow
Wind
Winged Beast
S1 1500/950
"Spearow"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Discard 2 cards from your opponent's Deck; inflict 700 damage for each monster discarded by this effect.

Arbok
Earh
Reptile/Poison
S1 1550/1150
"Ekans"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Decrease the ATK/DEF of the monster this card battles by 1000 during the Damage Step.

Pikachu
Light
Thunder
S1 950/550
"Pichu"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy 1 face-down monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler=Stage 2]
Venusaur
Earth
Plant/Poison
S2 1900/1900
"Ivysaur"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Shuffle the top 5 cards from your GY into your Deck; draw 3 cards.

Charizard
Fire
Pyro
S2 2000/1800
"Charmeleon"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each face-up monster your opponent controls. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK of the destroyed monster.

Blastoise
Water
Aqua
S2 1950/2450
"Wartortle"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy 2 monsters your opponent controls.

Butterfree
Wind
Insect
S2 950/1400
"Metapod"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Switch 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls to Defense Position.

Beedrill
Wind
Insect/Poison
S2 1500/1200
"Kakuna"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card can attack twice per turn. If this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card: That monster loses 1400 ATK; this card is not destroyed by battle after the first attack (Battle Damage is applied normally). If this card attacks a monster with a higher ATK a second time: Destroy this card; Battle Damage is doubled.

Pidgeot
Wind
Winged Beast
S2 1850/1700
"Pigeotto"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field for each face-up monster on the field.

Raichu
Light
Thunder
S2 1850/1100
"Pikachu" + "Thunder Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Destroy all face-down monsters your opponent controls.

[spoiler=Mega]
Mega Venusaur
Earth
Plant/Poison
SM 2900/3150
"Venusaur" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): You gain LP equal to the number of cards in your opponent's GY x500.

Mega Charizard X
Fire
Dragon
SM 3300/2800
"Charizard" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card's ATK increases by half during the Battle Phase.

Mega Charizard Y
Fire
Pyro
SM 3050/2600
"Charizard" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): Send 3 cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the GY; inflict 500 damage for each card in your hand. Once per turn: Add 1 "Char" monster from your GY to your Deck; inflict 300 damage to your opponent. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Inflict damage equal to the Level/Rank of the destroyed monster x300 to your opponent.

Mega Blastoise
Water
Aqua
SM 3000/3650
"Blastoise" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card can attack up to 3 times per turn.

Mega Beedrill
Wind
Insect/Poison
SM 3000/1600
"Beedrill" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): This card can attack once for each monster your opponent controls.

Mega Pidgeot
Wind
Winged Beast
SM 2650/2500
"Pidgeot" + "Mega Stone"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): You can see your opponent's hand; destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls for each monster in their hand.

[spoiler=Johto]
[spoiler=Basic]
Pichu
Light
Thunder
S0 400/150
When this card is Summoned: Add 1 S0 Thunder monster from your deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Stage 1]

[spoiler=Stage 2]

[spoiler=Mega]

[spoiler=Alola]
[spoiler=Basic]
Alolan Rattata
Dark
Beast
S0 600/350
If this card is in your GY: Shuffle this card into your Deck; Special Summon 1 S0 monster except "Alolan Rattata" from your Deck.

[spoiler=Stage 1]
Alolan Raticate
Dark
Beast
S1 1300/1050
"Alolan Rattata"
If Evolution Summoned using the above material(s): You can Special Summon up to 2 S0 monsters from your hand; this card gains 700 ATK if a DARK S0 monster(s) is summoned by this effect.

[spoiler=Stage 2]

[spoiler=Mega]

[spoiler=Evolution Stones]

[spoiler=Weather Conditions]

[spoiler=Spell Cards]
Squirtle Squad
Spell Card
Send 1 face-up "Squirtle" you control to the Graveyard to Special Summon up to 5 "Squirtle Tokens" (WATER Attribute/Reptile-Type/S0/500 ATK/650 DEF).

Professor Oak's Lab
If you have no monsters on the field: Special Summon 1 "Bulbasaur", "Charmander", "Eevee", "Pikachu" or "Squirtle" from your hand, Deck or GY.

[spoiler=Trap Cards]

I've been working on a pokemon crossover for a while now with moments and one of the challenges i face is trying to give them all good effects corresponding with their personality while also being effective in combo's with eachother and being diverse in what they do. I feel that if you make them all spawn with the evo mechanic you'll end up with a very similar playstyle for all of them, where the only thing that sets them apart will be their power level and effects. I don't know how far you plan to go in making kanto, but it'll be very difficult to keep them fresh the further you go down the road.

I'm aware of that. But I'm kinda mixing the mechanics of the Pokemon TCG. I never gave much thought to making effects based on the Pokemon's nature though. It is a good Suggestion. But might be more than the original 151 that I planned to do. Although, I do plan on adding some Gen 2 Pokemon soon due to Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, etc. But adding additional effects to account for the Pokemon's nature might be interesting. As you can tell, most of the effects they have do mimic their abilities.

Well, many of the effects seem to revolve around LP and there's only a little variation. Also i don't see a lot of synergy between the little and big evolutions (the littles their only function seems to be materials to summon the larger ones, they don't add individual support to the pool). How does this evolve mechanic work as well? can you special summon the larger version from your hand if the lesser version is on the field? 

I updated so the bigger evolutions can be Normal Summoned. But gain a stat boost if summoned the through the intended method. Aside from that, you still get a pretty decent monster if you manage to draw the bigger evolutions.

I also added more cards.

I'm remaking the cards for this thread at the moment. I believe that the new versions will be much better than what I already have. And since I'm working on the project offline, I can just paste them when I finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. But getting a card shuffled into your deck and a +2 kinda means nothing considering it's on a 500/500 monster that can be trampled by just about anything. Besides, the effect is only on summon. So the major drawback is that it is a fairly weak monster to boot. So the odds of you actually getting Ivysaur (if not in your hand) are roughly 1 in 35, 3 in 35 at best. your lowest odds are 1 in 55. But assuming you actually play Bulbasaur at a crucial moment, it might be just enough to give you a chance to make a small comeback and even the score at best. On paper, Bulbasaur may be better than Pot of Greed, but remember, Bulbasaur's draw 2 is dependant on you having a card to shuffle into your deck. Pot of Greed is just a solid draw 2. I'd still opt for Pot over Bulbasaur for the fact that I'm not risking getting hit by a huge monster on my opponent's next turn and Pot's effect doesn't need a card in the grave to work.

Like I said, on paper, Bulbasaur's effect is amazing. In practice, it has the drawback of being attached to a weak monster and the requirement of a secondary card to work. Conditional effects are good but this isn't effective enough to put something like Red-Eyes or Blue-Eyes on ice for so much as a turn (Unless you manage to pull off the luckiest draw in history).

Archived