V1Ifjsh.png

Theme: Historical

Voting Deadline: Tuesday 17th July - 7PM BST

1. nkTLkbn.png

2. ODmPKX6.jpg

3. vumbvhN.png

4. DgiOmn8.png

[spoiler=-]

Deadline: Saturday, 14th July 2018 (the vote will go live on Sunday 15th)

Theme excerpt:

“You may write me down in history with your bitter, twisted lines. You may tread me in the very dirt, but still, like dust, I'll rise." 

Rule-set:

• All submissions must be PMed to me prior to the deadline.

• You're allowed to change your submission, just PM any modifications.

• Once submitted you may not post the piece in Showcase until the competition concludes.

• The theme is a guideline, although it's recommended you execute it well for voting purposes, it's still up to your artistic interpretation.

• The maximum dimensions for your submission are 550 pixels for width and/or length.

• Tags made prior to the date of this post are not valid, nor are collaborated pieces.

• Keep the contents of the tag PG-13.

• Ripping (art theft) of any form is not permitted.

The first one feels like basic photo manipulation with gmaps and other filters. I don't know how I feel. 

The third one isn't reflective of MLK jr. and I don't like that. The subject could be anything and the color scheme is actually against what MLK promotes, so it doesn't do the subject justice but rather a test to what the artist is learning as aesthetics. Pretty dismissive of the subject matter. 

The fourth one is dope but I don't get the connection between the subject and the piece at all. I think this is probably the closest thing that gets the point across of "Historical", though, as there is more to it than just cheesy effects. It is interesting, by concept, with no clear point to it. 

I don't even know what the first one is doing. funk that. 

Archived