Newer more pathetic tcg games?

Tefached

Well to me the rise of new tcg games are becoming extremely pathetic

Instead of just pkmn yugioh, maybe magic and a few others, We now have bleach, naruto, some stupid horse pony thing. I even went to the store the other day and saw hannah montana cards...now are the people making these just desperate or is there a reason to these new games.

Guest JoshIcy

they've been doing it for ages lol.. *points at cardcaptors and original digimon cards*...

almost every major anime has had a card game at one point. the only difference is that these anime's are more mainstream...

Guest JoshIcy

Well the Hannah Montana cards are obviously because she sold out a LONG time ago but as for the other TCG games I haven't a clue. I think they want to overtake popular tcg games like yugioh.

certain card games have had their foundation laid in already... ie) probly wont disappear ever... and the only 2 ive seen are: Magic The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh TCG.... its unlikely they will ever overtake them, and if they do they will die out soon....

Guest JoshIcy

ok thats just sad...well back to dice games....wheres dungeons and dragons?

you can find all the monster guides etc at book stores... but its a tabletop game and isnt exactly family oriented so it stays in the dark....

@above: Pokemon hasnt really gone downhill, its just slow and tedious... i can complete a single game of mtg in half the time > 10-15min per mtg game, 20-30min per pkmn tcg game....

Well to me the rise of new tcg games are becoming extremely pathetic

Instead of just pkmn yugioh' date=' maybe magic and a few others, We now have bleach, naruto, some stupid horse pony thing. I even went to the store the other day and saw [b']hannah montana [/b]cards...now are the people making these just desperate or is there a reason to these new games.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

And she suckssssssssss. lol what's happening to the world?

they've been doing it for ages lol.. *points at cardcaptors and original digimon cards*...

almost every major anime has had a card game at one point. the only difference is that these anime's are more mainstream...

Agreed, they never should have canceled Ani-Mayhem. At least if it was still around all of these "Fanime" shows could just be added as expansions.

In all honesty, D&D is more to be appreciated at this point than actually played. You acknowledge it's great contributions to the world of gaming...and then go play something better that evolved from it.

There are other games that have come out, done well, and still thrive in the TCG/OCG/CCG/Whatever world. It's just that you pretty much have to be a more 'kid friendly' game or MTG to get noticed, reguardless of sales. While I find Yu-Gi-Oh! to be a decent amount of fun as compaired to most games of it's kind...it's only a matter of time before it turns into the trainwreck that is MTG. I remember when MTG used to actually be fun to play.

Ok, I've rambled on enough for the time being. Until next time. ;)

Most card games are utter failures because of one simple fact. No one knows how to play mostly, and, because the show doesn't involve them at all. Yu-Gi-Oh! was successful because it is based on the card game and people learned how to play simply from watching the show *Not entirely* You can't actually, launch Gaia the Fierce Knight over your opponent's Mirror Wall. The seasons that came later were more creditable when looking for the exact rules.

D and D sucks. Sorry' date=' but it does. They make new TCG so they make around 50p of money, which then goes on to buy illegal stuff. DON'T BUY OTHER TCG'S LOL!

[/quote']

d and d doesnt suck, its just extremely complex enough to where the average American idiot cant play

D and D sucks. Sorry' date=' but it does. They make new TCG so they make around 50p of money, which then goes on to buy illegal stuff. DON'T BUY OTHER TCG'S LOL!

[/quote']

d and d doesnt suck, its just extremely complex enough to where the average American idiot cant play

Agreed pratically the whole warhammer world was created with insipration from D & D

Archived