Duel Disk System

What do you think of this suggestion?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this suggestion?

• Yeah i Like it
    • Im neutral on this one
    • No... people can go find in under the member list

Well for one thing, why would advanced holographic technology to that extent be used for a children's card game? If that kind of technology was ever developed, where you could carry around a device that generates increadibly realistic holograms, the price would be major $$$. Also, if that kind of system was ever made, you would have to pay even more $$$ for special cards that are readible by the disk's program.

Then why do you think that the card ID was ever created?

When you place your Monster card on the duel disk it reads the card ID and *BOOM* Monster appears

Well then the system would easily be cheated by players playing fake cards with th ID's of the rarest cards. Though it would be fun to use Tyler the Great Warrior, it would still count as cheating. New bar-coded or soemthing rather cards would have to be made.

reading a Popular Mechanics magazine' date=' they say that holographic technology may be out sometime between 2007-2012, but just a very basic kind, made primarily as the structure so as to add on to it and make it better[/quote']

I read this on some kind of forum

Someone made this exact same topic back when I was on Pojo (Don't worry, I'm off of it for good). The main problem with the Duel Disk idea was that you would spend all this money on it, and then you woud have to strap it on and walk around the city until you met up with someone who was rich enough to buy one too. There is also a great chance you'll be assaulted and have it taken away from you so it can be sold. Not only that, but the severe weight of the device would inflict permanent damage on your wrist.

In any case, if such technology was developed, it would be made into a small stationary contraption that would either be in arcades or at tournaments.

Good decision Kaze xD

In all seriousness, YGO will be long gone by the time anything like this is invented. It's a stupid concept inspired from a futuristic anime.

There's been many discussions on this before and they all end the same way: It won't happen.

Why would a company spend MILLIONS developing a system that costs MILLIONS to buy for a card game? It's pointless, and is not a good business plan. After the testing has finished, it'll be at least a few years after creating it. You're looking at tens of years for this sort of pointless technology.

This thread reminds me of a quote from Back to the Future II;

In 2015...

Marty: [showing the two boys how to play the shoot 'em up video game] Let me show you. I'm a crack shot at this. [shoots a perfect score with the electronic gun]

Future Kid 1: You mean you have to use your hands?

Future Kid 2: That's like a baby's toy!

Archived