When did you notice you were "Good."

Chevalier

I'm sure you're all wondering what I mean by "Good." Well I am speaking of both CardMaker and Yu-Gi-Oh! itself.

For Yu-Gi-Oh!

When did you notice you weren't a duelist who made errors or mistakes. A duelist who could construct a well-working deck that was competitive. Something you could win with or that others would eventually netdeck. When did you notice that you were good enough for Regionals, etc.

For Card Maker

When did you begin to get higher ratings. When did you notice your OCG was seldom corrected. When did you begin to be picky about what images and which effects were just "right" for your card(s). When did you begin to "Think outside the box" and come up with original ideas that received praise from everyone. When did correcting a card or making it better, become second nature.

For me, Yu-Gi-Oh would have to be when I successfully could win with decks multiple times in a row against tier one Meta. When I became owner of GxDuelSchool, an online dueling academy with highly skilled members.

For me, YugiohCardMaker when I made a set that received a rate no lower than 8/10.

Forgive me if this thread has been made before I just thought it would be well discussed.

For Yu-Gi-Oh!:

When I read the thread in the Anime Section about whether or not we could beat Jaden with our own Deck and saw what "strategies" people would use. I felt so damn good.

For Card Maker

When people started giving me positive reputation points for reasons other than just winning contests, congratulating me on cards I posted in the Realistic Section.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Um, I still don't think I'm very good. I've only ever played members of my family with my fun decks (yes, several of them are E/Evil Heroes, make fun of me all you want. They're fun to use when just playing to pass the time)

The Card Maker: I think my threads started getting noticed after I posted the Dj Osiris card I had made for a member card contest. After that, a lot more people started commenting on my sets, and I haven't gotten very many, if any at all, low marks (except for 1 kinda crappy thread that I regret posting :P).

For Card Maker

When did you begin to get higher ratings?

When my OCG improved after the space of 2 weeks after joining.

When did you notice your OCG was seldom corrected?

2 Weeks after joining.

When did you begin to be picky about what images and which effects were just "right" for your card(s)?

Always have been.

When did you begin to "Think outside the box" and come up with original ideas that received praise from everyone?

Always have done

When did correcting a card or making it better, become second nature?

About 2 weeks after joining

well honestly for duealing, it was when i first started, you see i was blessed with a neighbor who breathed yugioh, so thats where that started ^_^

and for card making, when i started reading the cards, (actual) and just started correcting everyone on even the littlest of mistakes that they made, back right after i got 1,000 posts ^_^

I started realising my "potential" as a duelist when I beat my friend's (an old Friend) with my Modified Dragon Lords deck, back in January, before the March Banlist, I beat him 10 times in a row.

As a cardmaker, I began getting better reviews when I started making my member cards thread. I have moved alot more outside of member cards and desided try out other concepts, until my latest one came up in my mind, my new "Legacy of Zach Morgan" set/custom card deck. Which I am currently working on.

I never intend too ^_^ Im a collector ^_^

I did the same but potentially better with Pokemon cards.

I completed all these sets;

Base Set

Jungle Set

Fossil Set

Team Rocket Set

Gym Heroes

Gym Challenge

Jap Neo 1

Jap Neo 2

Jap Neo 3

Plus have 32 different Promo's and a Jap Promo Mewtwo signed by the guy who does the voice of Brock / Kaiba.

Card Maker: Never. My favorite set' date=' the revivals, was soon brushed away.

[/quote']

Well, that only means you try again. Set your standards high!

Edit:

To Dj,

My goodness Pokemon too? Well I suppose after having 4000 some cards, one does get a bit attached. Just suggesting it though.

I never intend too ^_^ Im a collector ^_^

I did the same but potentially better with Pokemon cards.

I completed all these sets;

Base Set

Jungle Set

Fossil Set

Team Rocket Set

Gym Heroes

Gym Challenge

Jap Neo 1

Jap Neo 2

Jap Neo 3

Plus have 32 different Promo's and a Jap Promo Mewtwo signed by the guy who does the voice of Brock / Kaiba.

well dang

oh and just to let you know, whenever you might be in a little bit of a pickle

that signed mewtwo, without the signoatures, wells for over 200, with, over 700 dollars ^_^

Say again? Seriously?

Wow im rich ^_^ hehe

completely

and think about it, with the other added cards

you control and huge amount of cash

it would be a shame if someone, "accidently" set fire to say.. your cards, or something :evil:

lol no i would never do that.

but yeah seriously man, im jealous ^_^

For Yu-Gi-Oh!

When did you notice you weren't a duelist who made errors or mistakes. A duelist who could construct a well-working deck that was competitive. Something you could win with or that others would eventually netdeck. When did you notice that you were good enough for Regionals, etc.

Umm, I have always been a good duelest. I actually have never really made any errors. I'm not joking. When I found the game, I looked at all these card, and the rules, and all these things well before playing. And I made a deck. (Cyberdude, and Gphaku know the deck, they say it rules, and I have owned Gphaku with it online)

But I do make errors when dealing with new players, just cus I don't wanna be mean, lol

For Card Maker

When did you begin to get higher ratings. When did you notice your OCG was seldom corrected. When did you begin to be picky about what images and which effects were just "right" for your card(s). When did you begin to "Think outside the box" and come up with original ideas that received praise from everyone. When did correcting a card or making it better, become second nature.

Actually, that was very recent. Probably after I was invited to the legendary contest by Remix. After that, I knew I had a shot. But the time I actually learned I was good and had my grammar and all was probably January. Idk what happend, but that month, I started getting 10/10's alot, and was making some really original stuff. 1 of them is apparently 1 of DJ's favorites 0_O

So, probably January, lol

But, unnfortunatly, I have come down with the God Kaze syndrome. (I don't wanna explain it, but most of you know it, lol)

Archived