[Written] Battle Recruiter

Haumea

Battle Recruiter

• Level 1
  • EARTH
  • Warrior/Effect
  • ATK 0
  • DEF 0

If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Monster from your deck who has the effect of "this card is destroyed by battle" written on it's text, but its effects are negated. During either player's Battle Phase (Quick Effect): you can banish this card from your graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Monster from your hand who has the effect of "this card is destroyed by battle" written on it's text, but its effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Battle Recruiter" once per turn.

The word in Bold was added/changed later.

This is actually pretty interesting and decent. Promoting the traditional battle destruction based searcher. The special summon from the hand effect is useful to bypass non-battle destruction. Its almost perfect for what it do. The only 2 point i may add is 1) you need to also include the ones which worded "When this card is Destroyed by battle" so it can summon even more classic battle-recruiter like Mystic Tomato 2) you need to put a bit if restriction to prevent your monster to summon a boss-level monster that probably have similar battle destruction effect just to make sure it will be not use as summon bypass

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

This is actually pretty interesting and decent. Promoting the traditional battle destruction based searcher. The special summon from the hand effect is useful to bypass non-battle destruction. Its almost perfect for what it do. The only 2 point i may add is 1) you need to also include the ones which worded "When this card is Destroyed by battle" so it can summon even more classic battle-recruiter like Mystic Tomato 2) you need to put a bit if restriction to prevent your monster to summon a boss-level monster that probably have similar battle destruction effect just to make sure it will be not use as summon bypass

Ooriginally I do want to add the  "When" part, but I don't know how to write it down without wasting too much space due to the lack of references avaible. I am using "Ancient Gear Frame" as a reference here. For the second one, I actually forgot "Kozmo"s high level monster have the effect.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, Haumea said:

If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard: you can Special Summon 1 Monster from your deck who has the effect of "this card is destroyed by battle" written on it's text, but its effects are negated. During either player's Battle Phase (Quick Effect): you can banish this card from your graveyard; Special Summon 1 Monster from your hand who has the effect of "this card is destroyed by battle" written on it's text, but its effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Battle Recruiter" once per turn.

ummm while you can negate the other on field effects, this not really stop the battle destruction effect

on the other hand, when i mean to restrict boss monster bypassing potential, i mean to completely prevent it landing on the field. not just negation penalty. probs like can only special summon level 4 or lower

Archived