RPG Archetype

Wildprince15

Hello, Everyone! I'm back with another Archetype idea! I came up with this one out of nowhere just a few seconds ago, so I may not have it all together just yet, but bear with me, okay?

RPG-Hero

Lv. 4 Light Warrior effect monster

2300 ATK/1800 DEF

Effect: If your opponent controls a monster, and you control no monsters, you can special summon this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned, you can special summon one "RPG" monster from your hand or deck. This card gains 200 ATK for every other "RPG" monster you control.

RPG-Tank

Lv. 4 Earth Warrior Effect mosnter

1800 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: If this card is summoned, change it to defense position. Your opponent cannot target "RPG" monsters you control for attacks or with card effects, except this one.

RPG-Archer

Lv. 4 WIND Warrior Effect monster

1700 ATK/1500 DEF

Effect This card can attack your opponent directly: When this card is summoned, you can add one "RPG" card from your deck to your hand.

RPG-Mage

Lv. 4 WATER Warrior Effect monster

1600 ATK/1500 DEF

Effect: Up to twice per turn, when you activate an "RPG" spell or trap card, you can send one card your opponent controls to the graveyard.

RPG-Thief

Lv. 4 WIND Warrior Effect monster

1500 ATK/1500 DEF

Effect: If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent you can banish one card from your opponent's graveyard, face down

RPG-Rogue

lv.4 DARK Warrior Effect monster

1600 ATK/1800 DEF

Effect: When this card is summoned, you can add one "RPG" card from your graveyard to your hand. When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monsters original ATK.

RPG-Merchant

Lv. 3 Earth Warrior tuner effect monster

1600 ATK/1600 DEF

Effect: Once per turn, you can declare one card type (monster, spell or trap), then look at the top card of your deck. If it is the declared type, add that card to your hand, then gain life points equal to the number of "RPG" monsters you control x300. If this card is used as material for the synchro summon of an "RPG" monster, you can draw two cards.

RPG- S-Class Equipment

Equip Spell

Effect: Equip this card only to an "RPG" monster you control. It cannot be destroyed by battle. A monster equipped with this card gains 1000 ATK and DEF and the following effect: This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls.

RPG- Respawn

Normal spell

Effect: target one "RPG" monster in your graveyard: special summon that target.

RPG-Raid Tactics

Normal spell

Effect: Choose a level between 1 and 6: All face up "RPG" monsters you control become that level until the end of this turn. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz summon one 'RPG' Xyz monster from your extra deck using monsters you control as material.

RPG-Boss Room

Continuous Spell card

Effect: When this card is activated, your opponent chooses one monster they control. As long as this card remains face up on the field, only that monster can attack, and only that monster can activate it's effects.  It cannot be tributed or used as material for a summon. When that monster leaves the field, destroy this card. You can only control one "Boss Room".

RPG-Dungeon Raid

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: You can normal summon one "RPG" monster in addition to your normal summon/set this turn. When an "RPG" monster you control attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.

*Evil Grin* Hey Wildprince, I told you in advance, so here I go!

RPG-Hero

If only your opponent controls a monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).If this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "RPG" monster from your hand or Deck. Gains 200 ATK for every other "RPG" monster you control. <-- I know this guy is the protagonist, but a Level 4 monster with 2300 ATK and only positive effects is broken even for today's meta. Consider lowering his ATK to 1700-1900, since it has an ATK increase effect, he should fare well even if nerfed.

RPG-Tank

If this card is Summoned; change it to Defense Position. "RPG" monsters you control cannot be targeted by battle or by your opponent's card effects, except this one. <-- This big dude's protection effect is really strong, so again, I'd advise to lower his ATK, since he should only serve a defensive role. I know that in RPG these kind of axe bearing big muscle dudes also are the strongest in phys attacks, but we're talking about YuGiOh here.

RPG-Archer

If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "RPG" monster from your Deck to your hand.Can attack your opponent directly<-- 1700 ATK and can attack directly is too nasty, in my opinion. This is just a suggestion: Can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved.

RPG-Mage

Twice per turn, when an "RPG" Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY. <-- This girl (yes, I'm picturing the mage as a cute girl) will obliterate your opponent's field too easily. I propose this: since mages use up mana to cast their spells... "Twice per turn, when an "RPG" Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 card your opponent controls; send it to the GY.

RPG-Thief

When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 card in your opponent's GY; banish it, face-down<-- This one is alright. I get why the banishing effect, but I don't know, how about something like setting 1 opponent's Spell/Trap your opponent controls to your field when he inflicts damage. Just an idea.

RPG-Rogue

If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "RPG" card from your GY to your hand. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the GY: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that destroyed monster's ATK in the GY. <-- Ok, too, but paired with S-Rank equipment, is evil as hell.

RPG-Merchant

Once per turn: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), then look at the top card of your Deck, and if it is of the declared type, add that card to your hand, also you gain 300 LP for each "RPG" monster you control. If this card in your possesion is used as material for the Synchro Summon of an "RPG" monster: You can draw 2 cards. <-- This mustachioed man has Batman archetype vibes, has it not? Anyway, drawing 2 cards just by using it as material is OP. Maybe only 1. Also, like I told you earlier, using limitation for your cards such as "You can only use each/this effect of XXXX once per turn" helps to balance them quite a bit and they also look much more realistic.

I don't know how you do it, but you keep creating archetypes that match the stuff I like, keep it up!

Archived