They will kill you, from the Void Dimension (Enmagon archetype)

Kanashimi

Just wanna share something while im kinda free rn

Enmagon archetype, basically a group of assassins/or to be truth is a ninja, which strikes foes from the void dimension instead of shadow (hence the face-down banish mechanic). Obviously intended to abuse Pot of Desires, but if it becomes broken, might change them into normal banish without face-down

Missing effects on some cards (might finish them later), and also not available on DB yet

Art taken from CFV, with a name change i feel fitting for them. Also the name of the mosters is based on the real life japanese shinobi and kunoichi

Sooo anyway, thoughts?

Main Deck Monsters

9OJHp7c.png

Enmagon Abyss Nagato

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Tuner/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Abyss Nagato" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If a card is banished face-down: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

● If this card is in your GY: Flip all of your face-down banished card(s) face-up, then, target 2 "Enmagon" and/or "Enmaseal" card(s) among them; banish this card from your GY face-down, and if you do, return the targets into the GY, then return all cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way.

1300/1600

dOQlJkJ.png

Enmagon Gale Sukesada

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Tuner/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Gale Sukesada" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 "Enmagon" monster from your Deck to the GY.

● You can banish 1 card you control or in your hand face-down, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish it face-down when it leaves the field or detached as material.

1200/2000

Kg1isLb.png

Enmagon Moon Goemon

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Moon Goemon" per turn, and only once that turn.

● You can discard this card, flip all of your face-down banished card(s) face-up, then target 1 "Enmagon" monster among them; Special Summon it, then return those cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way.

● You can target 1 other "Enmagon" or 1 "Enmaseal" card from your GY; banish 1 card you control or in your hand face-down, then banish this card and the target face-down, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Enmagon" monster from your Deck, except "Enmagon Moon Goemon".

1500/1500

vXlBaDL.png

Enmagon Rogue Saizou

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Rogue Saizou" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 2 "Enmagon" monsters with a different names from your Deck face-down.

● If 3 or more of your cards are banished face-down: You can flip all of your face-down banished cards face-up, then if there are 3 or more "Enmagon" and/or "Enmaseal" cards, target 3 cards among them; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card, then return all cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way.

1800/1400

eddXgsQ.png

Enmagon Stealth Sandayu

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Stealth Sandayu" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If this banished card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Enmagon" or "Enmaseal" card: You can target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; shuffle it into the Deck.

● You can pay 800 LP, and if you do, flip all of your face-down banished card(s) face-up, then target 1 "Enmaseal" Spell/Trap among them; Set it to your field, it cannot be activated this turn, then return all cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way.

1700/1300

5XyFoGS.png

Enmagon Void Yazaemon

DARK/Level 4

Dragon/Effect

You can only use 1 of these effects of "Enmagon Void Yazaemon" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If this banished card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it.

● You can pay 800 LP, and if you do, flip all of your face-down banised card(s) face-up, then target 1 "Enmagon" monster among them; Special Summon it, then return all cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way.

1400/1300

Extra Deck Monsters

pUrV68Y.png

Enmagon Illusion Tobi Danzo

DARK/Link-2

Dragon/Link/Effect

2 Dragon monsters (including atleast 1 "Enmagon" monster)

No effect yet

hhO2lg0.png

Enmagon Whirlwind Oni Kotaro

DARK/Rank 4

Dragon/Xyz/Effect

2 Dragon monsters (including atleast 1 "Enmagon" monster)

No effect yet

2400/2200

2yBD9Ya.png

Enmagon Astute Miko Chiyome

DARK/Level 8

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 "Enmagon" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon monsters

No effect yet

2800/2300

NAyGqNZ.png

Enmagon Overlord Iga Hanzo

DARK/Level 10

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

1 "Enmagon" Link, Synchro or Xyz monster + 1 or more "Enmagon" monster

If this card battles an opponent monster: You can double this card's ATK during damage calculation only, but any battle damage it inflict to your opponent is halved, then, if a monster that battles with this card is not destroyed, banish it face-down. If a card or effect is activated or a monster is Summoned: You can banish this card until the End Phase of this turn. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation and effects of "Enmagon Overlord Iga Hanzo".

3600/3600

Spell/Traps

ApAm6Em.png

Enmaseal Jaken Myouou

Spell/Quick-Play

No effect yet

hwrCnTi.png

Enmaseal Katon Slayer

Spell/Equip

Equip only to an "Enmagon" monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. If the equipped monster attacks: You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand, then if the equipped monster is an "Enmagon" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect activation.

yKFbABm.png

Enmaseal Kioku Pact

Spell/Normal

Draw 2 cards, then banish 1 "Enmagon" or 1 "Enmaseal" card from your hand face-down, if you did not, shuffle your entire hand into the Deck. You cannot Special Summon any monster during the turn you activate this effect, except "Enmagon" monster. You can only activate 1 "Enmaseal Kioku Pact" per turn.

pEfYYxP.png

Enmaseal Ongyo Gate

Spell/Field

You can flip all of your banished face-down card(s) face-up, then target 1 "Enmagon" monster among them; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Enmaseal Ongyo Gate" once per turn. "Enmagon" monster you control gains 100 ATK for each of your banished card(s). If a card or effect that target or would destroy this card is activated: You can banish 2 "Enmagon" and/or "Enmaseal" cards from your hand or GY face-down; negate that effect.

f9Cpmw7.png

Enmaseal Rokushirakan

Spell/Quick-Play

No effect yet

pptw3mx.png

Enmaseal Sakuryaku

Trap/Continuous

Reveal from your hand or target from your field, 1 "Enmagon" monster, then flip all of your face-down banished card(s); Special Summon 1 "Enmagon" monster among them with a different names than the revealed card or target, and if you do, banish the revealed card or target face-down, then return all cards to face-down banished that were flipped face-up this way. You can only use the effect of "Enmaseal Sakuryaku" once per turn.

nB5DhaI.png

Enmaseal Shinnyu Chain

Trap/Normal

If you control an "Enmagon" monster: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate its effect, and if you do, banish 1 "Enmagon" monster you control or in your hand face-down, then draw 1 card. If you control an "Enmagon" monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, you can activate this card from your hand.

I'm a simple person. I see "Ninja", I approve. Leaving that aside, with all honesty I loved this archetype. I always wondered how it'd be, an archetype that revolves around banishing face-down, but you have made an excellent work in bringing it to life so far. All the cards seems to support each other member so well, its like a never-ending dance of shadows, then a flash of steel, and you're dead...

I'm looking forward to you completing this work, Keep it up!

P.D. By the way, I also loved the artwork, but I don't know what's CFV, care to tell me?

This is actually a pretty interesting archetype, sadly i can't really give proper full length review for now since im a bit busy

There a general problem that i can address for now at least, some of this card don't work. Cards that banished face-down is considered not a public knowledged thus losing its identity. Si effect that specified identity like "Target 1 Banished Emagon " wouldn't work since that effect require a identity to recognized. Which again, lost due to it being face down. While you can partially solved this by making it interact generically with any face-down card, it rise new problem since it makes the interaction with Pot of Desires stronger. On the other hand making it interact with banished face+-up card will defeat the cool factor of the playstyle. 

I do have suggestion though. The middle ground that i can think of for now is incorporate means to flip cards that banished face-down to face-up. Mechanic itself is not too far-fetch as we can borrow wording from, say, Convulsion of Nature or Grave Lure and the like. From there we can apply a bit of Slyvan Excavate-esque mechanic to keep the random nature.  So probably something like 

"While all of your Banished card is face-down (Quick Effect): You can turn your face-down cards from the top of your banished cards face-up until you turn X "Emagon" X card; you can X. And then, turn the rest of those cards face-down. 

8 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

. . . . .

P.D. By the way, I also loved the artwork, but I don't know what's CFV, care to tell me?

CFV is Cardfight Vanguard, another card game

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

This is actually a pretty interesting archetype, sadly i can't really give proper full length review for now since im a bit busy

There a general problem that i can address for now at least, some of this card don't work. Cards that banished face-down is considered not a public knowledged thus losing its identity. Si effect that specified identity like "Target 1 Banished Emagon " wouldn't work since that effect require a identity to recognized. Which again, lost due to it being face down. While you can partially solved this by making it interact generically with any face-down card, it rise new problem since it makes the interaction with Pot of Desires stronger. On the other hand making it interact with banished face+-up card will defeat the cool factor of the playstyle. 

I do have suggestion though. The middle ground that i can think of for now is incorporate means to flip cards that banished face-down to face-up. Mechanic itself is not too far-fetch as we can borrow wording from, say, Convulsion of Nature or Grave Lure and the like. From there we can apply a bit of Slyvan Excavate-esque mechanic to keep the random nature.  So probably something like 

"While all of your Banished card is face-down (Quick Effect): You can turn your face-down cards from the top of your banished cards face-up until you turn X "Emagon" X card; you can X. And then, turn the rest of those cards face-down. 

Just looked up on the ruling, ugh yeah, u are right, it is considered like a card in a deck (no name etc etc), albeit the controller can look, as long as its not a public knowledge, it cannot be targeted with a specific card target (monster, spell, trap), exception with effects that target only card in general

Fix im gonna do, in 2 ways:

1) Making them normal face-up banish instead of a face-down.

2) At the cost of each effects, makes them to turn any face-down banished to be flipped into face-up, then target them specifically (monster, spell, trap) > apply effects > return them into face-down. That way its public knowledge while applying the cost. (credit to Dr. Jolly)

As for the additional balancing, instead of freely target stuff on banished, make them sylvan-ish hmmmmm, it may goes to practical stuff, probs i will apply the no. 2) fix first, and see if it is too broken/much upon playtest, will do the sylvan-ish

Anyhow thx for the reply~

Updated*

> FIxed the clause so that the effect works (Flipping face-up on the cost, then return the to face-down banished at the end of the effect), tho i think the clause can be worded better than currently on . . .

> Editing the layout to make it easier to see (without a lot of spoiler tag), and centered them.

Archived