H.I.V.E Archetype

Problamatico

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting concept, there are both good and bad things about this mini-archetype, below are my critiques. 

Skull Weaver:

Ok, nice concept for the first effect. All archetypes that rely on a field spell should have some sort of really easy way to get it out quick. the special summon after 2 turns is pretty neat, seeing as with the field spell, if its destroyed, you just get 2 more meat shields. As for the second effect, I'm not sure why it's there, when the whole point of the deck it seems, is to have your monster get destroyed in order to swarm with tokens. but it's a decent effect none the less. 

Drone Guard:

Like with skull weaver's second effect, i'm not entirely certain why it's first effect exists. With the sheer amount of swarm this archetype has, i'm not sure you would ever really be at risk of direct attack, unless your unlucky enough not to have skull weaver or the field spell in your opening hand. Although I guess you might as well keep it, just for the off chance you get really unlucky. As for it's second effect, I have some problems with this as well. How were you planning on doing this? Would you have to reveal the monster in your hand or something? It's a decent effect, but it needs some reworking. as for the banish end battle phase effect, that works really well with the archetype and is something to keep.

Duster: 

The first effect is literally just Thorn of Malice, and i'm not too sure as to why you made its effect activate when it destroys something. With the way the archetype flows, a much more fitting use for this effect would be when a monster on your field is destroyed. As for its second effect, keep it exactly as it is. 

Latcher: 

All right, a pretty good effect all around, although, yikes, that a lot of LP your paying there. I mean a level 4 monster literally has you throw away 2400 LP to activate this effect. A level 8 would cost 4800, and a 12, 7200. That's a lot of life points. 

Central:

Wow, this is bonkers, a 500 ATK/DEF Boost, an inability to be stolen, and *2* tokens when something dies by battle. This is really, really good, even if you can't link summon with them, the field spell never said anything about using  some of your tokens for a tribute/Ritual summon. 

All in all, this is a very annoying deck to face. Although it does have its weakness's. The deck is helpless to card effects that destroy. (Raigeki and Dark Hole being the worst) It is also pretty weak to anything that has multiple attacks/direct attacks, or piercing. (AG Chaos Giant is this deck's mortal enemy) But for the most part its pretty controlling on the battle field. 

On 12/31/2019 at 11:41 AM, Bluvista said:

Interesting concept, there are both good and bad things about this mini-archetype, below are my critiques. 

Skull Weaver:

Ok, nice concept for the first effect. All archetypes that rely on a field spell should have some sort of really easy way to get it out quick. the special summon after 2 turns is pretty neat, seeing as with the field spell, if its destroyed, you just get 2 more meat shields. As for the second effect, I'm not sure why it's there, when the whole point of the deck it seems, is to have your monster get destroyed in order to swarm with tokens. but it's a decent effect none the less. 

Drone Guard:

Like with skull weaver's second effect, i'm not entirely certain why it's first effect exists. With the sheer amount of swarm this archetype has, i'm not sure you would ever really be at risk of direct attack, unless your unlucky enough not to have skull weaver or the field spell in your opening hand. Although I guess you might as well keep it, just for the off chance you get really unlucky. As for it's second effect, I have some problems with this as well. How were you planning on doing this? Would you have to reveal the monster in your hand or something? It's a decent effect, but it needs some reworking. as for the banish end battle phase effect, that works really well with the archetype and is something to keep.

Duster: 

The first effect is literally just Thorn of Malice, and i'm not too sure as to why you made its effect activate when it destroys something. With the way the archetype flows, a much more fitting use for this effect would be when a monster on your field is destroyed. As for its second effect, keep it exactly as it is. 

Latcher: 

All right, a pretty good effect all around, although, yikes, that a lot of LP your paying there. I mean a level 4 monster literally has you throw away 2400 LP to activate this effect. A level 8 would cost 4800, and a 12, 7200. That's a lot of life points. 

Central:

Wow, this is bonkers, a 500 ATK/DEF Boost, an inability to be stolen, and *2* tokens when something dies by battle. This is really, really good, even if you can't link summon with them, the field spell never said anything about using  some of your tokens for a tribute/Ritual summon. 

All in all, this is a very annoying deck to face. Although it does have its weakness's. The deck is helpless to card effects that destroy. (Raigeki and Dark Hole being the worst) It is also pretty weak to anything that has multiple attacks/direct attacks, or piercing. (AG Chaos Giant is this deck's mortal enemy) But for the most part its pretty controlling on the battle field. 

Thank you for the feedback. It is highly appreciated. Also for some of the confusion you may be experiencing, I tried making the effects akin to the design concept. For example:

Skull Weaver: the attacker loses attack because I imagine them getting caught in a web kinda.

Duster: I imagined like spores coming off of it as it flies.

Also I made Latcher's cost that high because snatch cards are very powerful. If this card was real and had a lesser requirement, it would be instantly banned.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived