.:::The Fortuna Weekly:::.

Cyber Altair

[align=center]Welcome to the Fortuna Weekly, the new magazine run by me, Cyber Altair, Azmania2262 and ~Raven~. The Fortuna Weekly is aflliated with .:::The Fortuna Bar:::. where you can buy past issues and other cool stuff like banner's, avi's and much more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Raven~'s Article

In Search of a New Moderator: The Mod Application Thread Part 2

About one week ago, the administrator of this forum opened a thread which was predestinated to hit the headlines. It seems that YCMaker took in amount the proposal of many users to hire more moderators in order to maintain this site. According to the latest knowledge, the current number of applications raises up to over 60.

Aside from this, a thread in which you can share your speculations and suggestions with other members has been opened in the General Area as well. At this point the applicants who seem to be one step ahead on the favourites list of many members are Bloodrun, Yankeefan, wolfberserker and God Hunter. It also seems that ForcedSimplicity's chances to become a possible choice for the Cards section may be quite eleveted, too.

However, the only person who has a grip on this is YCMaker and we only know that he has been looking through the applications during the last days. We are all looking forward to hearing his decision, which will apparently take into account the advices of the current moderators and which we expect to be published soon. Somehow or other, the Fortuna Weekly will keep you informed about any further proceedings.

-Raven

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member's Article

We haven't gotten any articles so send us your articles for them to get published ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member's Talk

What do you think about YCMaker's attempt to add new moderater's to the moderating team?

I feel that YCMaker is making the right decision. More needs to be done in the way of controlling the stupidity that goes on in this forum.

Well' date=' I was thinking of trying to become a mod, but I decided not to because I looked at some forms that some users filled out and wow, they typed about 5 paragraphs!

I think people like Slash, Cyber Altair and Wolf Berserker have the best chances. In my opinion I think kizzi would be a good moderator!

[/quote']

I personally think it is a great thing. YCMaker needs to find members he can trust to back the other members up. There are times when I see no Mods on at all. I hope YCMaker can change this Smile

I thinks it's a good idea. With the recent events I would say we need more control around here. I'm not sure the count of new members a day' date=' but i know it's up there near the hundreds.

Though what i do think, is that he should take off those Moderators that aren't as active. I mean the only reason to being a Moderator is to help out with the forum, not be as Unactive as possible.

[/quote']

[/align]

[align=center]-------------------------------------------------------------------

???? of the Week!

Game of the Week: Assasin's Creed

Song of the Week: Stop and Stare - One Republic (Cyber Altair's choice)

Paramount - Edenbridge (Raven's choice).

Food of the Week: Peas!!

Name of the Week: Mary Jhonson

Film of the Week: Street Kings

Do you have any ???? of the Week? Make sure it's 4 lettered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=center]

Cyber Altair's Interviews!

Today's interview is with groudondjango:

So' date=' for a start can you tell us how was YCM, in your opinion, when you first joined and who do you think were the 'Top Gun's"?

[/quote']

Back in the days when I joined the forum, it was a very enjoyable site and people were a bit more friendly back then. And if you mean "Top Guns" with awesome people, it has to be some Site admins back then, Like Frunk and YCMaker.

Was it difficult for you at the beginning to blend in or you just fitted in? Also what tips do you have for today's newb's and noob's who want to improve and become Legendary Member's (i dont mean by posts)?

It was difficult to meet other people' date=' but when I started to create cards (and I mean good cards) back then, I was immediatly loved. But only as a cardmaker. Later however, I blended with the people with ease. It was lots of fun.

And the tips to the newb's and noob's:

1. For in the love of god, don't make so called funny cards, they are not funny back then, they aren't funny now.

2. Please post in the right section. If you post a Custom card in the Yu-Gi-Oh section, U R DOIN' IT WRON'!!! There's an entire section of it. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PEOPLE MISS THAT? PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST.

3. As I said above, if you enter a thread, read it before you post.

4. Most important, READ THE GOD FORSAKEN RULES!!!. It isn't Rocket Science. If you can't understand the basic rules of the forums, go back to kindergarten were the people learn ABC's and 123's.

5. If you create a deck in the Deck Section, please know how to play before posting a deck.

What do you usually like to do around the forum and in which forums do you like to "hag out"? What's the reason for that?

I usually hang around the Games, deck and TCG section, but not hanging around a special Person. The reason for that is:

Games: To play fun games

Deck: Because sometimes people need help to make decks better.

TCG: Nothing else then big lulz and/or Epic failure these days.

have you ever thought of quiting YCM? If so why? What made you stay?

Nope' date=' I'll never quit. Yu-Gi-Oh is one of my favourite hobbies.

do you think you still have much do give to the forums or it's time for you to let someone else take your place?

If I look around, people still are sometime plain idiotic and insult people for no reason, and I report them. But for the card making, card making technology has changed and I'll try my best to create better cards.

Thanks a lot for the Interview. Do you have any last words for our magazine .:::The Fortuna Weekly:::.?

I'm glad we have Crab Helmet as a Mod now' date=' because he is doing a great job as a mod. I hope this forum will stay for a long time.

[/quote']

[/align]

[align=center]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fortuna Draw

The winner is-

Orihime

Congrats Orihime, you win 10 points ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading the Fortuna Weekly. We hope you tune in next week! Subscribe now, for 5 points and get free advertising on our magazine, special prices at our shop .:::The Fortuna Bar:::. and a chance to be interviewed by Cyber Altair. If you want to post your own article please send it to us so we can publish it.

If you want to advertise at our magazine, just send us the ad by pm and we will pm you the price. Remember subscriber's can advertise for free ;)

In the end we hope you enjoyed our magazine and tune in for the next issue ;)[/align]

~Raven~'s Article

Aside from this' date=' a thread in which you can share your speculations and suggestions with other members has been opened in the General Area as well. At this point the applicants who seem to be one step ahead on the favourites list of many members are Bloodrun, Yankeefan, wolfberserker and God Hunter. It also seems that [b']ForcedSimplicity is being taken into consideration among the current moderators, that is, as a possible candidate for the Cards section[/b].

However, the only person who has a grip on this is YCMaker and we only know that he has been looking through the applications during the last days. We are all looking forward to hearing his decision, which will apparently take into account the advices of the current moderators and which we expect to be published soon. Somehow or other, the Fortuna Weekly will keep you informed about any further proceedings.

-Raven

May i ask, how did you find that out?

As ForcedSimplicity is one of the members i recomended, and yet i have told no-one of it, well not until now.

It also seems that...
-->points at this part of the sentence

However, if you still think I did something wrong/offensive or whatever, I'm always ready to remove it.

EDIT: Alright folks, we decided that we will ask a mod to lock this thread and this issue will be included in the original thread instead.

It also seems that, does not show its guess work, its used as an addition.

The word 'Is', is the misleading word.

If it was 'maybe', then it would be guesswork, but 'Is' sounds as if its a definite.

Im merely annoyed that your mention of it and the word 'is' has now lead me to name one of the members i recomended to YCMaker for a Mod Position.

It also seems that' date=' does not show its guess work, its used as an addition.

The word 'Is', is the misleading word.

If it was 'maybe', then it would be guesswork, but 'Is' sounds as if its a definite.

Im merely annoyed that your mention of it and the word 'is' has now lead me to name one of the members i recomended to YCMaker for a Mod Position.

[/quote']

This is the main reason I haven't mentioned my Recommendations at all during the whole Mod Thing. The people know from my general attitude towards them or if I tell them on Messenger,

Sorry, I'd like to apologize sincerely for what I caused. I guess I'll have to use my fortuneteller talents for a more accurate purpose the next time.>.<

But somehow or other, this thread will be locked and the article will be posted in the original magazine thread. Azmania told us to do so.

It all honesty its better as a single thread' date=' too many issues in one thread can make it look untidy.

I say have 1 thread for an issue archive and every new issue as a new thread.

[/quote']

i felt that was better.

Azmania, i really thought you left or something so i had to keep the magazine running ;)

Archived