Harpie Archetype Support [Custom-made Art]

Dramatic Crossroad

Some notes: I'm a huge fan of the Harpie Archetype (my main deck is one), but even with the newest additions (Oracle, Perfumer, Mirror Split etc.) they still lack power in the meta. I've had an old post with 2 cards previously a Harpie Pet Dragon tuner and one Harpie Sisters' replacement, which i have used now, meaning i have remodeled the artwork a bit. 

spacer.png

Harpie Diva 

(This card's name is always treated as "Harpie Lady")
This card gains one of the following effects, depending on the way it was Summoned:

* Special Summon: WIND monsters you control gain 400 ATK & DEF.

* Normal Summon: If there are monsters with the same name on the field, those monsters gain 500 ATK & DEF.

* Flip Summon: This card gains 300 ATK and both the effects above.

(Winged Beast/Effect / WIND / Level 4 / ATK 1300 / DEF 1400)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

spacer.png

Harpie Sister 

(This card's name is always treated as "Harpie Lady Sisters")

If this card is Special Summoned: This card gains 500 ATK and DEF.

If you control a "Harpie Lady" you can Normal Summon/Set this card without Tributing.

(Winged Beast/Effect / WIND / Level 5 / ATK 1450 / DEF 1600)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

spacer.png

Harpie's Pet Call 

[Normal Trap Card]
If you control "Harpie Lady" or "Harpie Lady Sisters": Special Summon 1 "Harpie's Pet" monster from your hand, Deck or GY.

If this face-down card is destroyed by a "Harpie" card's effect or your opponent's card effect while in the Spell & Trap Card Zone:

Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Dragon-Type / WIND / Level 4 / ATK 500 / DEF 500) to your side of the field.

You can only activate 1 "Harpie's Pet Call" effect per turn and only once that turn.

spacer.png

Harpie Overseer 

"Harpie Lady" + 1 "Harpie's Pet" monster 

Can be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization"),

You can only control 1 "Harpie Overseer".

(Quick Effect): Once per turn: you can return 1 "Harpie" monster you control to the hand; 

make your opponent Tribute 1 monster and then this card gains 500 ATK and DEF.

(Dragon/Fusion/Effect / WIND / Level 7 / ATK 2000 / DEF 1500)

Looking forward to feedback on the cards 🙂  I tried my best to balance them and make them work with the rest of the support available. (Harpie's Overseer was intended to be an homage to Mai Kujaku/Valentine ❤️) 🙂 

Harpie Diva: 
As there are several Harpies (1,2,3, Cyber), i still feel like we needed one that would be the embodiment of their bond (hence the variable boost effects). I wanted "Harpie Lady" herself to shine and be the star of the show. The goal was to not make a card that was better in any condition compared to the other ones.

(Fun fact: if you somehow bring out 3 copies of this card, use Book of Eclipse, Flip summon them, you'd have 3 lady beasts with 4300 ATK each, while also granting every other field-namesake "Harpie Lady" an extra 2700 ATK and DEF) 

Harpie Sister:
The goal was to prevent "dead draws" and have a monster available for use, one that could have synergy with Oracle/Perfumer while still not being unfair (it has low stats for level 5 only gets on the original Sisters' level (ATK) when special Summoned. Again - it's supposed to be an alternative choice to them since her stats drop if her effect is negated, meaning in some cases they are better.

Harpie's Pet Call:
Aside Channeler there has not been a convenient way to bring out a main deck "Harpie's Pet Dragon" monster (if one decides to use one in the first place). This card can be useful even if there are no Dragons in your deck you wish to summon, as it is intended to setup Xyz/Fusion plays when destroyed.

Harpie Overseer:

On the note of fusions - here it is. A relatively easy to summon (can normal fusion or contact fusion or using Dragon's mirror on already expended Phantasm Dragon....) It can grow stronger over time and bounce itself to prevent destruction while being a nuisance with its tribute effect. Meant to synergize with Channeler for toolboxing Rank 7 Xyzs and Conductor - to bounce additional monster your opponent controls. 

Archived