Collab Request

dracoice113

Not even sure if I am supposed to put this here or someplace else, but I honestly didn't know where to go with this request.

So I'm about to work on a Kingdom Hearts-themed archetype, but I noticed I need a unique gimmick. Something that will help it stand out as something...special. I could use a little collaboration. I'll handle the Kingdom Hearts lore and stuff. What I will need form whoever agrees is just gimmick ideas. It'll be an old brainstorm and test kinda situation. I've already gotten a few things started with the cards. I need help with effects and an archetype wide gimmick...

Sora.jpg

Sora-Valor Form.jpg

Goofy.1.jpg

Donald.1.jpg

Sora-Wisdom Form.jpg

Sora-Master Form.jpg

im don't know about kingdom heart lore or anything but i do know that all revolves on the key sword or something, so perhaps make a spell card with the key sword that can be either a searcher or a special summon, i do notice that except for Sora, the other 2 don't share an archetype name, so would be hard to make them support each other or make cards that search or special summon some of them.

for a gimmick, maybe revolve them around needing the original Sora on the field/hand to do stuff?, links may have effects according to being linked with certain member of the archetype, that would require to change the link arrows tho, like, "if goofy its linked to Sora-Master form, negate the effects of all cards that this card points to, except goofy"

On 3/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, Hiro Kimura said:

im don't know about kingdom heart lore or anything but i do know that all revolves on the key sword or something, so perhaps make a spell card with the key sword that can be either a searcher or a special summon, i do notice that except for Sora, the other 2 don't share an archetype name, so would be hard to make them support each other or make cards that search or special summon some of them.

for a gimmick, maybe revolve them around needing the original Sora on the field/hand to do stuff?, links may have effects according to being linked with certain member of the archetype, that would require to change the link arrows tho, like, "if goofy its linked to Sora-Master form, negate the effects of all cards that this card points to, except goofy"

Great ideas! I knew this was a good idea to ask for help...here I was about to do it myself. Anyways, I was trying to make a beat down type archetype. The idea was that Valor Form allowed you to search the deck for an equip spell card and it's effect becomes that card's effect. The idea for Wisdom Form was to allow you to search the deck for up to 2 Quick Play spells and use 1 immediately on your battle phase, however that would (as a cost), force you to discard a banish the top card in your deck and 1 in your graveyard. Master was a stupid idea. It had an effect in my head that would be super OP in the game so I wanted to tone that down. It would basically allow Sora-Master Form to attack all enemies the link arrows point at. If sora-master form destroys them, damage equal to half of their combined original ATK would be dealt to the opponent. If he didn't Sora-Master Form stays on the field but cannot attack unless the player pays a cost...which I was originally going for LP but decided on banishing 3 Spell or Trap cards from your hand, deck or graveyard. Sora-Final Form was gonna be a ritual monster as it doesn't require Donald or Goofy like the three previous forms.

Lore-wise Valor Form gave Sora 2 Keyblades and allowed him to attack fast. It was useful for doing lots of damages blindingly fast. Wisdom turned Sora's Keyblade into a magic cannon allowing Sora to cast magic super quickly. Master gave Sora control of a balance of magic and attack (the idea was to use Master form's finisher (not sure what the name was), which allowed Sora to suck up enemies near him like a magnet, deal continuous damage to them and expel them out in a magic explosion. Final Form is a form that balances light and darkness and grants Sora flight, two keyblades which hover around him and attack when he points to a target and unlimited magic control. Sora's Limit Form gives Sora increased speed and attack power as well as access to his old clothes for some reason. I didn't have anything planned for this one...yet.

Archived