subnauseous

spiritomb8

In general:

-even in Casual, Leviatan is not legal yugioh types. Maybe change it to a unique Archetype name (if you wanna build one) like maybe combine Leviathan and Subnautica into Leviatanica. That has nice ring to it 

- actually most of these card is really underpowered except for regular ice worm. I don't know much about the game itself but Leviathans are supposed to be huge and powerful right? But weak stat, weak or even lack of effect is not delivering that power

- too many monster types that dont work together in the deck that care to much about typing, even if its meant to match-up the creature species is still not gonna work, make them all Sea-Serpent. At least with 1 consistent type you can make the variety using other trait like Attribute 

-well tipical wording mess, you learn as you go

Specific:

- Shadow: too expensive, no way in any games that i pay 3 specific fusion material to summon monster weaker than most level 4 and even more weaker effect

- i expect strength in Link 4, and that strenght comes from combination of strong stat and strong effect (look Borrel Dragon)....and Ice Dragon here don't have that

- for something that at worst require 6-10 card investment unless cheated out. Queen Worm here is not really powerful. To be fair it has quite nice auto-trigger destruction effect, but that same effect also can be tricked to destroy herself. 

- Albatross is not good link 1 (no effect, no arrow toward you) at best its skulldeat 4th effect enabler but there's better option

- regular worm here raise a quite important question, where is the 2nd special summon effect would summon this card from? Depending on your answer this card card can be Overpowered, since its a potentially  infinite-revival effect ypi can use to Spam Link or Rank 8 2+ mat Xyz stupidly easy

18 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

- regular worm here raise a quite important question, where is the 2nd special summon effect would summon this card from? Depending on your answer this card card can be Overpowered, since its a potentially  infinite-revival effect ypi can use to Spam Link or Rank 8 2+ mat Xyz stupidly easy

As In It can be continually summoned as long as you control 3 pyro monsters and have 2 monsters remaining after special summon (Not includeing the card itself. 

As for the other things you said: the reason is that other cards i made felt too overpowered like this one.

Chelicerate Leviathan card.png

1 minute ago, spiritomb8 said:

As In It can be continually summoned as long as you control 3 pyro monsters and have 2 monsters remaining after special summon (Not includeing the card itself. 

Forgot to mention,

It can be from the discard pile or hand or extra deck

3 hours ago, spiritomb8 said:

Forgot to mention,

It can be from the discard pile or hand or extra deck

The summoning of the monster or the material? The way you speak kinda vague, 

Its it Contact Fusion like Elemental HERO Neos fusion does? 

Since you still not clearly answer my question, my initial answer still stand on this card being a potentially unfair. Now even more unfair since its also possibly turns out being contact fusion which is easier to make 

As for the other things you said: the reason is that other cards i made felt too overpowered like this one.

Chelicerate Leviathan card.png

By current standart this is not really strong. 3 level 4 is not easy to make also the destruction effect is has quite number of limitation like need targeting, and not being quick effect kinda hurts 

Also i dont know if you accidently put the wrong Rank but the Monster Rank is 5 when it should be Rank 4 (Rank must equal to Level of Material)

Shard-runner has interesting Big Shield Gardna style quick effect, but trapped in Level 5 with stat of Level 1 monster and not really strong effect

Yeah, I made that 2 years ago and i'm becoming much better but I feel like most cards in both the OCG and fan-made ones are quite overpowered and feel to unfair with most monster effects.

So i make cards with good effects have bad stats and vice-versa.

Also sorry about my bad grammar.

50 minutes ago, spiritomb8 said:

Yeah, I made that 2 years ago and i'm becoming much better but I feel like most cards in both the OCG and fan-made ones are quite overpowered and feel to unfair with most monster effect.

Ah I understand this

Unlike YCM and NCM here, other place that enabled card creation often dont have standard of whats fair. Sure the standart kinda changing overtime depend on how konami wants the game to be played but the standard exist so we roughly know to make balance cards that still potent enough for challanging competitive play

Also balance not just come from effect vs stat. There actually many factor for it. Like traits (attribute, monster type, card type) synergy (how many cards that work together) 

Archived