[Written] Extraordinary Crystal Dragon

Peter Rose

Type: Dragon

Attribute: Light

Attack: 2950

Defence: 2850

Level: 8

Text: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 3 monsters with different original names in your GY. This card gains the following effects based on the number of Normal Monsters used to summon itself:

1+) Cannot be destroyed by Battle.

2+) Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Non-effect Monster from your hand or GY.

3) Cannot be Targeted or Destroyed by card effects. If this card battles a Defense Position monster, inflict double piercing battle damage.

Huh, at first I thought it was solid support as an accessible beater for Normal decks with combo potential through the 2nd effect, because the 3rd effect makes it sturdy but still beatable by battle... until I realized it stacks with the 1st effect. IDK about that because then we are speaking of a Chaos MAX Dragon with 1050 less ATK but indestructible by battle, leaving only a handful of outs, with Dingirsu, Kaijus and Evenly Matched (if you don't choose to keep it) being the most relevant in the competitive scene.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

Huh, at first I thought it was solid support as an accessible beater for Normal decks with combo potential through the 2nd effect, because the 3rd effect makes it sturdy but still beatable by battle... until I realized it stacks with the 1st effect. IDK about that because then we are speaking of a Chaos MAX Dragon with 1050 less ATK but indestructible by battle, leaving only a handful of outs, with Dingirsu, Kaijus and Evenly Matched (if you don't choose to keep it) being the most relevant in the competitive scene.

To get the FULL benefit of this card, you need to have 3 normal monsters with different original names in your Graveyard. Which you can make the argument is somewhat difficult to achieve.

Well, Normal monsters have plenty of support with Rescue Rabbit, Unexpected Dai, Rescue Cat Summoning 2 Normal beasts, Draconet, and so on, so setting this card up should be relatively easy in a dedicated deck. Then again, this card would act as a win condition or trump card for Normal decks, in addition to First of the Dragons, and that's not a bad thing, IMO.

Archived