• overpowered
    • sometimes overpowered
    • fair/even
    • sometimes underpowered
    • underpowered
    • Very underpowered
    • It is so wordy I can't tell

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2020 at 07:41 AM

Quick Play Spell

Involving two Monsters in a battle: Activate immediately when/while a Monster whose ATK is a multiple of the other Monster in Attack Position's ATK OR other Monster in Defense Position's Defense and both stats are below 1600 OR immediately when/while either Monster has an Original ATK or Original DEF of 1600.  Write down the whole number of the ATK on the Monster with higher ATK divided by the stat the Position of the other Monster uses and show it to your opponent.  Do one of the following. 

Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck face-down.

Up to 10 or the written number, whichever is lower: Destroy cards on the Field; effects activated from this destruction or in the GY as a result of this effect are delayed till the 2nd of your End Phases.

The next dice roll you can change by 1.  You can only pick this if the written number is even.

This might belong in Advanced section, but I'll leave it here in case it still needs tweaking.

2 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

This definitely NOT on advance section, A bit too complex on top of wording problems. in fact, can you explain step by step how this card work first?

How it is supposed to work.

You have two Monsters in battle.

You have two battle stats: The Attack of 1 Monster and the Battle Position Strength ( Attack for Attack Position, Defense for Defense Position ) of the other Monster.  Short version: The stats they use for damage calculation.

One stat has to be a multiple of another stat on top of both being below 1600 to activate this card or the Original Attack ( Printed Attack Usu. ) or Original Defense ( Printed Defense Usu. ) of one of the Monsters has to be 1600 to activate this card .

There is a "Hand" Monster Card that got released with 1600 Printed ATK, so this card would go well with that card.

You have a whole number (Used instead of say, a load of Counters, to future proof it from being manipulated.) Which is the higher stat divided by the lower stat.  You show this number to your opponent so they know you are going to use it for something later in the effect.

You choose a subeffect.

Destroy up to 10 or that written number, whichever is lower, cards on the Field.  Delay the true effects triggered by this destruction so that effects that activate in the GY can't be abused.

OR

Send the top card of your opponents deck out of play face-down. Due to how the new ruling works, its effects do not activate on banishment at all.  It is like a reverse  half-Jar of Greed.

OR

Say your opponent will activate a die-using effect in the future of the Duel.  For example, Skull Dice.  If your written number is even (ex. 1400 ATK divided by 700 DEF from when you were writing down a number, Or 3000 ATK divided by 1500~1001 ATK/DEF from when you were writing down a number.), as long as that is the next dice roll, lets say it rolled a 4, you can change that by 1, lets say a 5 or a 3.

The point of the card is to disrupt games of chance and reward the player for playing a sort of minigame with the math of equip cards and battle stats.

Ok to be honest im still not getting it

But i assume like this:

Say a battle happen between 4000 ATK monster and 1000 ATK monster both in attack postion. Now 4000 is happen to be multiple of 1000 so the card can now be activate since the the lower number can be multiply for the higher ones, in this case 4000 is multiple of 4 of the 1000 thus the noted number for the bonus effect is 4 correct?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Ok to be honest im still not getting it

But i assume like this:

Say a battle happen between 4000 ATK monster and 1000 ATK monster both in attack postion. Now 4000 is happen to be multiple of 1000 so the card can now be activate since the the lower number can be multiply for the higher ones, in this case 4000 is multiple of 4 of the 1000 thus the noted number for the bonus effect is 4 correct?

Maybe I made the effect too limiting.  I guess I'll remove the 1600 ATK/DEF limit.  But yeah, you get a number and can use it for 1 of 2 effects or just banish a card face-down outright from your opponents deck.  Printed Attack or Printed Defense of 1600 also qualify as long as it is part of the battle.  Like say you have 1600 ATK and your opponent has 4500 ATK -- not quite 3, the resulting division problem gives you 2, so you can either activate subeffect (3) or destroy 2 cards, bumping their GY effects till your second End Phase.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:36 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

This definitely NOT on advance section, A bit too complex on top of wording problems. in fact, can you explain step by step how this card work first?

I'll try to describe what is going on or intended with the cards starting effect in different words.

Cards in battle with their battle stats (Attack for 1 in Attack Position, the one respective to Position for the other.) are being looked at.

If the Original Attack or Original Defense of a card in that battle is 1600, you can activate the card.

If the Attack of 1 is a multiple of the Position stat of the other, and both are less than 1600 you can activate the card.

Then you use division to get a number at or if not whole next to yet less than the quotient.

An even number can let you activate subeffect 3.

A number up to 10 says how many cards can be destroyed by subeffect 2, or if higher than 10, just say it is 10.

subeffect 1 is there by choice and requires no special number to activate.

Tbh, I agree now.  This effect is too wordy. It would be much easier to throw out the arbitrary 1600 cap and just have a division problem that cycles through the subeffects till it lands on one and activations occur then.  Maybe I'd call that "Fated Hand Cycler".

Archived