Hybrid Archetype

JairoLeyn100

Hey there. I'm kinda new to this kind of things, but after seeing lots of people posting their own cards and the reviews that others gave them, I decided to give it a try. This is new kind of Fusion Archetype that I've been working on. It focuses more on fusing monsters by their Types only. Not to mention that the Fusion monsters of this Archetype, have different effects depending on the Type of monsters that are on the Field, excluding them. Also these monsters are considered as "multi-types" (monsters that can be considered more than 1 single Type). So far I only have made these 2 cards, but before doing more I wanted to see your opinion about them.

1575896565_DNAFusion.jpg.3aa2d8ecc6f651dfd8f319bd58157ba7.jpg

"DNA Fusion"

Special Summon 1 "Hybrid" Fusion Monster from the Extra Deck, by using monsters of different types from either side of the Field as Fusion Materials.

CLAD.jpg.25e2596c3dd504fec5acba0a06fade38.jpg

"Hybrid 3: Cyber Lux Arcadian Dragon"

1 Machine-Type monster + 1 Spellcaster-Type monster + 1 Dragon-Type monster

This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effects of a "DNA" card and can't be Special Summon nor Fusion Summoned by other means. This card becomes a Machine-Type, a Spellcaster-Type and a Dragon-Type monster. Once per turn, you can only activate one this card's effects depending on the monters' types on the Field, excluding this card.

• MACHINE: Select 1 Machine-Type monster on the Field: Equip that monster to this card as an Equip Spell Card. This card gains ATK equal to half of the equiped monster's ATK. If a card's effect target this card to destroy it: Send 1 of the equiped monsters to the Graveyard and negate the activation.
  • SPELLCASTER: Select 1 Spellcaster-Type monster on the Field and send it to the Graveyard, then select 1 Spell Card in the Graveyard and add it to your hand. By the end of the turn that this effect was activated: If the selected Spell Card wasn't used, send it back to the Graveyard and Special Summon back to the Field the selected monster.
  • DRAGON: When this card battle's againts a Dragon-Type monster: If that monster's ATK are bigger than this card's: Reduce that monster's ATK by half. If that monster's ATK are lower than this card's: Destroy that monster without dealing Battle Damage, then this card can do one more attack.

Holy moly, I don't think I've ever seen a monster with so many lines of text before xD. Ok, it might be just me, but the gimmick of the fusion to only being able to use certain effects depending on the type of monsters on the field feels a bit confusing. I think I get what you mean, but I'll try to help you with the card grammar:

Hybrid 3: Cyber Lux Arcadian Dragon

1 Machine monster + 1 Spellcaster monster + 1 Dragon monster

Must be Fusion Summoned by the effect of a "DNA" card. This card is also treated as Machine-Type and Spellcaster-Type. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of the following effects, but you can only activate them if there's a monster on the field with the required type, excluding this card.

• MACHINE: Target 1 Machine monster on the field: Equip that monster to this card. This card gains ATK equal to half of the equipped monster's ATK. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can send the equipped monster to the GY; negate the activation.
  • SPELLCASTER: Target 1 Spellcaster monster on the field; send it to the GY, and if you do, you can target 1 Spell in your GY, and if you do that, add it to your hand. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated and the Spell returned to your hand was not activated; send that Spell to the GY and Special Summon the monster sent to the GY by this card's effect to the owner's Field.
  • DRAGON: When this card battles a Dragon monster and that monster's ATK is higher than this card's ATK: Halve that monster's ATK, also, after that, if the Dragon monster's ATK is lower than this card's ATK, destroy that monster, and if you do, this card can make an additional attack this turn.

Probably still not perfect, but there you go 🙂. There are quite a bit of redundancies in the original card grammar I'd like to point out for you to consider them in future posts. For instance, Konami has stopped using -Type and also -Attribute, except when we're talking about being treated as multiple things. Afaik, there are no monsters that can be treated as multiple types in the TCG (only in the anime), so there's no reference, BUT, there are monsters that are treated as multiple Attributes, and during those times, you use the -Attribute, hence why I omitted most -types, except when I mentioned it was being treated as multiples. Also, for the current card grammar, it's enough if you say, Must be X Summoned by doing X, no need to use "and cannot be X summoned by other ways etc. Finally, I did take a bit of a licence in the Machine effect: it says originally that if it would be targeted and destroyed, but I changed to a general anti-destruction effect to also ease the grammar.

Archived