New Shaddol Cards

Yubelzlord

Grysta:
I assume the lore behind it is Gem-Knight Crystal rescued or restored after being used as a catalyst in its Grysta form. FIRE Attribute makes sense, but Warrior not so much. IDK if you were aiming at getting Infernoble Knight support, but sadly it doesn't work from a flavor standpoint. On the effect, the Flip is rather slow and situational. I guess it's fine for mid to late-game to recycle a Shaddoll Fusion monsters, but games rarely last that long nowadays, and cannot think of situations where you would prefer to Set this instead of Ariel to Summon a Shaddoll Fusion monster instead, or Beast for a card draw. The GY effect is nice though, and can be useful for securing or stealing games.

Queen Construct:
A Synchro? Uh, feels really off-theme. Shaddolls having a Tuner in Falco doesn't mean they should get a Synchro. Such is the case for Infernoids and Orcusts as well. Anyway, to begin with, 2800/2500 stats is waaay too high for a Synchro6. I get those are Construct's stats, but then it may be more appropriate to make it Level 8+. Regarding the effects, 3 effects feels like doing too much but it's not that different from other cards like Fusion Construct herself, so it should be fine. Only the fact that it's a Synchro throws me off. Although it could be abused if it's milled from the ED, like Dragmas do. I suggest to look into that. IMO you can get away with making it require any Shaddoll Tuner, on the off-chance they get more.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, Darj said:

Grysta:
I assume the lore behind it is Gem-Knight Crystal rescued or restored after being used as a catalyst in its Grysta form. FIRE Attribute makes sense, but Warrior not so much. IDK if you were aiming at getting Infernoble Knight support, but sadly it doesn't work from a flavor standpoint. On the effect, the Flip is rather slow and situational. I guess it's fine for mid to late-game to recycle a Shaddoll Fusion monsters, but games rarely last that long nowadays, and cannot think of situations where you would prefer to Set this instead of Ariel to Summon a Shaddoll Fusion monster instead, or Beast for a card draw. The GY effect is nice though, and can be useful for securing or stealing games.

First of all, thanks for your detailed reply! I really appreciate it. Now onto what you said.

I totally agree with Grysta being a situational Flip, but I think his effect- if pulled off- can be massively game changing for the fillowing reasons:

1. You can basically add any monster from your GY to your hand, not just shaddoll monsters. The Shaddoll archetype has lots of room to include handtraps and generic support. The non-fusion material restriction actually won't apply in most cases.

(i) Have a Grysta in your GY? Bring back Ash Blossom to your hand.

(ii) Have a Shekinaga? Bring back Ghost Belle.

(iii) Have a Construct? Bring back Nibiru or Veiler or Lancea. 

(iv) Have a Winda? Bring back DD Crow (although i don't think you would run it if you have Ariel or Ghost Belle, but you never really know how future metas might be)

(v) Have an Apkalone? Bring back any Shaddol monster to set instead of using as material. You have a quick play fusion in the deck anyway, so you can just use it on your opponent's next turn.

2. It can actually recycle multiple fusions. All fusions require a Shaddoll so you can return 2 to the extra deck. Not very helpful in most cases, i admit, but it's definitely an extension of an already versatile deck. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, Darj said:

Queen Construct:
A Synchro? Uh, feels really off-theme. Shaddolls having a Tuner in Falco doesn't mean they should get a Synchro. Such is the case for Infernoids and Orcusts as well. Anyway, to begin with, 2800/2500 stats is waaay too high for a Synchro6. I get those are Construct's stats, but then it may be more appropriate to make it Level 8+. Regarding the effects, 3 effects feels like doing too much but it's not that different from other cards like Fusion Construct herself, so it should be fine. Only the fact that it's a Synchro throws me off. Although it could be abused if it's milled from the ED, like Dragmas do. I suggest to look into that. IMO you can get away with making it require any Shaddoll Tuner, on the off-chance they get more.

I fully agree with you on this. I think i should have given her 2000 ATK and 1000 DEF or something along that range if she is a level 6, but I went with it anyway. 

I tried to nerf her to the best of my ability because I do agree Synchro isn't very optimal in a Shaddoll deck and if a level 6 Synchro is actually made for the deck, it'd most likely be a 1 off and definitely not more anyway, just because of the fact that Summoning a Shaddoll face-up (Falco, first I mean) is really against the theme of Fuse-Attack-Set-Pass.

Still, I would really love to see a Synchro for Shaddols come out, just because of that tuner. I think they made the tuners knowing that they could create Synchros for the decks somewhere down the future one day. We may not be able to imagine them being incorporated into the playstyle today, but only time will tell which direction the game goes in the future I guess. Halfibrax, as strange as it may sound, can be incorporated into Shaddols just because of the Falco. I'm not saying that it's played with them- it definitely isn't- but it can be, and that possibility itself gives the deck unexplored potential in my opinion. 

Cheers and thanks for your response!

Indeed, Falco is a blessing regarding Synchro options and Halqifribax. IMO they don't need a Synchro, but this is koomy we talk about, they can make a Synchro for them and any archetype with at least 1 Tuner, they are wild like that, so it's possible they get one down the line.

You got a point on Grysta: recovering cards like hand traps is rather sweet. I'm still conflicted at the Warrior type when Rock makes more sense flavor-wise, also noticed the stats don't make a reference or nod to any of its other forms. 1950 DEF would be a flavorful stat. ATK could be 1450, like Shaddoll Core.

I made a few more cards 😄

20200530_161226.thumb.jpg.c0605ad2c8c508e643e627a2d25ce5bc.jpg

Pros:

•Shaddoll cards, not just monsters; A dead Core in the hand/field can be used to fetch a Fusion or Reincarnation in the GY.

•Returns to ED; destruction and banishment effects and effects that trigger when in GY do not trigger. Effects that trigger when cards leave the field do not trigger either.

•"Shaddol" in its name brings with it recycle potential.

•Blanket negation on simultaneous ED summons.

•Fusion monster you control needn't be Fusion Summoned; revived monsters will suffice, although all Shaddol ED monsters need to be properly summoned first anyway so it's only fair.

Cons:

•Won't work with only Winda on your field; I did this to make it a balanced, or else it'd open up a number of OTK options.

•Opponent can reuse ED monsters that would otherwise be Limited on the banlist; the threat isn't really dealt with permanently just with this card alone.

•HOPT although most archetype-specific counter traps do need it to remain balanced.

•Not particularly great against Pendulums.

•Only applies to ED summons. Arkbrave dragon and Disciples of the true Dracophoenix, for example, will wreck your strategy really hard if this is your centerpiece for exerting control.

And the second one:

I really think Shaddols need a more powerful field spell. It's one of the few archetypes in the game that are played without their Field Spell, even in their pure variants.

20200530_193116.thumb.jpg.58be4888c2b0e3bbe564c9fcbebe7ee6.jpg

Pros:

•Instant deck mill for almost every Shaddoll monster and LP gain, which can be anywhere from 600-1900

•Targetting protection extends to all card types

•Perma negates extends to all card types 

Cons:

•HOPT

•No "Shaddoll" in name, but i was hesitant on giving a card like this recursion

•Cannot protect itself (extension of above point)

•Cannot mill Beast, but that would honestly make playing this OP from the getgo, since it's no longer a -1 and you gain a whopping 2200. The next best option is Hedgehog, but you are restricted to the archetype and lose out on a lot of potential LP. That's only fair imo

•Negate applies during end Phase, not at time of summon, making it considerably weaker. I put it in just to try to balance the perma negate

•Non-targetting removal will still work.

I would love to hear any opinions! Thanks ^^

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Bit of reminder that technically this post is not placed in correct section. You need to repost your cards here: https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/forum/65-casual-multiples/

Oh thanks for the heads up! I tried my best to find a section which I could place these cards in but I couldn't find that one.

Thank you 🙂 I'll post all my new cards there in the future!

Also, is there any site map or How to Use guide for these forums? It's a bit overwhelming tbh.

2 hours ago, Yubelzlord said:

Oh thanks for the heads up! I tried my best to find a section which I could place these cards in but I couldn't find that one.

Thank you 🙂 I'll post all my new cards there in the future!

Also, is there any site map or How to Use guide for these forums? It's a bit overwhelming tbh.

its a quite thicc read but its good for newcomers

rules may slightly different depending on the intended section but in general its same and essential  across all of them

bit clue per section:

Casual: create the cards without worrying about its meta implication

Advance: cards you made must be tested against meta (critique can be harsher here)

experimental: if you have new rules, wording, trait, or anything that konami never created before. your cards goes to this

workshop & games: while its usually also place for other user to work together creating or helping each other making cards this place also for games like chain card creating games

that being said welcome to YCM and have fun

On 5/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, Yubelzlord said:

I made a few more cards 😄

20200530_161226.thumb.jpg.c0605ad2c8c508e643e627a2d25ce5bc.jpg

Pros:

•Shaddoll cards, not just monsters; A dead Core in the hand/field can be used to fetch a Fusion or Reincarnation in the GY.

•Returns to ED; destruction and banishment effects and effects that trigger when in GY do not trigger. Effects that trigger when cards leave the field do not trigger either.

•"Shaddol" in its name brings with it recycle potential.

•Blanket negation on simultaneous ED summons.

•Fusion monster you control needn't be Fusion Summoned; revived monsters will suffice, although all Shaddol ED monsters need to be properly summoned first anyway so it's only fair.

Cons:

•Won't work with only Winda on your field; I did this to make it a balanced, or else it'd open up a number of OTK options.

•Opponent can reuse ED monsters that would otherwise be Limited on the banlist; the threat isn't really dealt with permanently just with this card alone.

•HOPT although most archetype-specific counter traps do need it to remain balanced.

•Not particularly great against Pendulums.

•Only applies to ED summons. Arkbrave dragon and Disciples of the true Dracophoenix, for example, will wreck your strategy really hard if this is your centerpiece for exerting control.

And the second one:

I really think Shaddols need a more powerful field spell. It's one of the few archetypes in the game that are played without their Field Spell, even in their pure variants.

20200530_193116.thumb.jpg.58be4888c2b0e3bbe564c9fcbebe7ee6.jpg

Pros:

•Instant deck mill for almost every Shaddoll monster and LP gain, which can be anywhere from 600-1900

•Targetting protection extends to all card types

•Perma negates extends to all card types 

Cons:

•HOPT

•No "Shaddoll" in name, but i was hesitant on giving a card like this recursion

•Cannot protect itself (extension of above point)

•Cannot mill Beast, but that would honestly make playing this OP from the getgo, since it's no longer a -1 and you gain a whopping 2200. The next best option is Hedgehog, but you are restricted to the archetype and lose out on a lot of potential LP. That's only fair imo

•Negate applies during end Phase, not at time of summon, making it considerably weaker. I put it in just to try to balance the perma negate

•Non-targetting removal will still work.

I would love to hear any opinions! Thanks ^^

IMO you can get away with the Level restriction on the Fusion Monster. I don't think Winda + this would be that potent. It only stops ED Summons anyway, not as close as omni-negations.

I see you use an official card artwork for your Field Spell. That's weird and personally makes the card even more unrealistic than when using fanarts. Name of the card doesn't make much sense to me flavor-wise: Shaddolls didn't corrupt the planet like lswarms attempted to, they had the goal of targeting the sacred tree to release the Qliphorts and by extension the Infernoids. That aside, effect looks solid but IDK if it would make Shaddolls too good as an engine. They are already splashed in Decks like Dragma, and before as a side deck engine with Shaddoll Fusion + Shaddoll Dragon against decks that opened with an ED monster + backrow. A card like this would strengthen their "enginizability power", reminding me of Trickstar Lightstage.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:42 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Bit of reminder that technically this post is not placed in correct section. You need to repost your cards here: https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/forum/65-casual-multiples/

Nothing against you, but I do find amusing that you are acting like a mod because there isn't any, and yet ironically you would be warned for mini-modding if there were actual mods around xD

Keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, Darj said:

Nothing against you, but I do find amusing that you are acting like a mod because there isn't any, and yet ironically you would be warned for mini-modding if there were actual mods around xD

Keep up the good work.

i miss being scolded by sakura btw

Archived