Salty* Venom Support [Written]

BeelzPlays

*The reason this is salty requires some exposition. YuGiOh Arc-V was really pleasing me as an anime, especially when I learned it tied together thematically with YuGiOh GX. So when I heard that a new VENOM monster from the GX WORLD where VENOMS already exist with a token gimmick used by a VILLAIN I was super stoked for the return of my favorite Reptile Archetype. And then they were Plants. SO! Here is my Venom Support Archetype that is themed after plants in a petty reversal of what Konami did to my heart.

**Also "Goal" is pronounced "Jail". Therefore, "Gaoler" = "Jailer"

Monsters:

Thorn Gaoler Bramble Wood - *** EARTH Reptile/Effect (1200/600):

Once per turn, you can place 1 Thorn Gaol counter onto 1 appropriate face-up card. If this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 “Thorn Gaoler” monster from your deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Thorn Gaoler Bramble Wood” once per turn.

Thorn Gaoler Honey Locust - **** EARTH Reptile/Effect (1000/800):

Twice per turn, you can place 1 Thorn Gaol counter onto 1 appropriate face-up card. You can remove 2 Thorn Gaol counters from the field: Special Summon 1 “Thorn Gaoler” monster from your hand or GY. You can only activate this effect of “Thorn Gaoler Honey Locust” once per turn.

Thorn Gaoler Coral Agave - ***** EARTH Reptile/Effect (1600/1200): 

Once per turn, you can place 2 Thorn Gaol counters onto 1 appropriate face-up card. If this card was successfully Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You may Normal Summon 1 Reptile-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. You can only use this effect of “Thorn Gaoler Coral Agave” once per turn.

Thorn Warden Viper’s Bowstring - ********* EARTH Reptile/Effect (?/?):

This card is unaffected by Field Spells. Cannot be Special Summoned by another Effect Monster’s effect. You can remove 5 Thorn Gaol counters from the field: Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle or is Tributed: You can banish 1 other Reptile-Type monster from any player’s GY; Special Summon this card. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Reptile-type monster in any player’s GY. 

Thorn Warden of The World Tree - *********** EARTH Reptile/Fusion/Effect (?/?):

“Thorn Warden Viper’s Bowstring” + 1 or more “Thorn Gaoler” monsters

Must first be Special Summoned with "Tribunal of Thorns" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways except by its own effect. (You do not use Polymerization). This card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, Spell/Trap effects and other Effect Monsters' effects. When this card is destroyed by battle or is Tributed: You can banish 1 other Reptile-Type monster from any player’s GY; Special Summon this card. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Reptile-type monster in any player’s GY. When this card is Fusion Summoned, place Thorn Gaol counters on this card equal to the number of Fusion Materials used in its Fusion Summon. You can remove 3 Thorn Gaol counters from the field: Place 1 Thorn Penance counter on this card. When 5 Thorn Penance counters are on this card, you win the duel. 

Spells:

Valley of Gehenna - Field Spell: 

During each Standby Phase, place 1 Thorn Gaol counter on each face-up monster on the field, as well as any other appropriate face-up card. Monsters lose 500 ATK and DEF for each of their Thorn Gaol counters, except for “Thorn Goaler” monsters. If a monster’s ATK and DEF are 0 when a Thorn Goal counter is placed on it, destroy that monster. (Quick Effect) You can take 5 Thorn Gaol counters from anywhere on the field and place them on an appropriate target. 

Thorn Gaoler Gethsemane - Continuous Spell: 

When this card is activated, place 1 Thorn Gaol counter on it. You can place a maximum of 10 Thorn Gaol counters on this face-up card. You can remove 3 Thorn Gaol counters from this card (Quick Effect): Place 1 Thorn Gaol counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls. 

Tribunal of Thorns - Quickplay Spell:

Fusion Summon 1 “Thorn Warden of the World Tree” from your Extra Deck using monsters you control as Fusion Material. This card’s effect and activation cannot be negated. Any Thorn Gaol counters on the Fusion Material monsters can be transferred to another face-up card on the field, except for “Thorn Warden of the World Tree”. 

Traps: 

Thorn Gaoler Swamp - Normal Trap: 

Reptile-type monsters you control gain 100 ATK and DEF for each Thorn Gaol counter currently on the field. You can banish this card from your GY (Quick Effect): Return up to 2 of your banished Reptile-type monsters to your GY. If there are 3 of your “Thorn Gaoler Swamp” that are banished face-up (Quick Effect): Banish those cards face-down, then Special Summon 1 “Thorn Gaoler” monster from your hand, deck, or GY.

Thorn Warden’s Command - Counter Trap: 

If your opponent activates a Spell or Trap effect, you can reveal 1 “Thorn Gaol” card in your hand: Negate that effect, and if you do, shuffle that card into the deck instead of sending it to the GY. During your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY and you control a “Thorn Warden” monster: You can Set this card from the GY, but banish it face-down when it leaves the field.

Archived