designed some new cards with new cyborg type

scol

Congrast on your first post @scol

first thing first some friendly reminder, its forgivable given its your first time but for your next post bear in mind:

- Cyborg is not official monster type in the game. any card with new typing like these must be posted on experimental section unless you changed it to...lets say Machine or Cyberse type (which still fit the cyborg theme)

that being said for the rest of the posting ruling you actually doing really fine (which is rare lately so  "genuine applause"). now lets go to the reviewing:

Alice: oof, we off for a powerful start. this girl Alice is a universal effect negation hand trap. sure its Archetype-locked  and require target, but it can be use for more than once per turn  on top of able to banish the threat thus greatly losing the value plays the opponent makes

Lala: this is also good. extend and search in one package. arguably too good in fact since it lack of HOPT

Petite: ok this is too strong. idk if its mistake, but since the effect that attached don't really specified from which field of the players, this card can just straight up eat opponent card as non-target, non-destruction removal which is one of the strongest effect in this game. on top of that is SOPT meaning if you manage to make x+ Petite  then you minus your opponent resource for x which is really devastating

Onslaught: assuming if you replace cyborg-type with Machine or Cyberse, this card is practically a universal searcher for those types. while its not necessarily a bad thing, i think its much better in general to make it only search its fellow archetype by name or special trait to future-proofing this card. especially since it can self replacing on destruction. 500 stat boost is really huge even for modern standard so i think the additional protection from battle is not really necessary.

Engine Searcher: same case with Lala although this does have diminishing value since it banish herself. still too good though since you can dump 3 of this and trigger all 3 of them at once. so you need to add HOPT on her

Maddie: with all the searching so far, i can see the play in which player will add 2 or more of this and then abuse the lack of OPT on the summon effect to swarm the field for (way too) generic material. so yeah, again,  need OPT

Apix: i need clarification for that last effect: is it return a number of cards on the field up to number of the levels OR  it only shuffle monster with same Level as your banished monster? because if its he former, its way too unfair for the game

Madame: really strong. it extend by special summon its material (although luckily only if all of them is cyborg) and it has mini combo with Onslaught to both search and grant a permanent 500 boost on top of additional 500 from the newly activated field spell. i suggest to tone her power level a bit

Luna: despite being the 3rd (thus 7-9th copies) of dual extender and searcher. the fact that this card is generally the weakest of the 3 makes its more balance

Meltdown: level modulation on activation is fine. but i think you mistake how to word a proper fusion summon effect. the ones you type is not really a fusion summon procedure but rather an effect that extend the procedure like irl card [Chain Material] so you can learn by looking at the wording of irl fusion cards

Controller: this is pretty powerful for single use protection effect. honestly a bit too powerful given the the monster of this archetype is not that weak to begin with. if its only prevent like destruction and/or banishment by effect it should be good but not overbearing

Summary in general: really powerful combo aggro deck thats need some restriction on the effects like OPT. bit side-note, Cyborg is a quite generic name. so to prevent futher abuse by cards that also named cyborg i think you can design a even more cooler and unique names for these girls

@Dr. Jolly Glot the III thanks for the criticism I actually thought that the cards weren't that powerful since I don't play competitively and thus I can't think of the possible broken combos with and I completely forgot about the once per turn effect on most of them.

I don't know how to edit my post to upload the nerfed versions / upload new cards 

53 minutes ago, scol said:

@Dr. Jolly Glot the III thanks for the criticism I actually thought that the cards weren't that powerful since I don't play competitively and thus I can't think of the possible broken combos with and I completely forgot about the once per turn effect on most of them.

I don't know how to edit my post to upload the nerfed versions / upload new cards 

you can edit your post by using edit button right above my name (still part of your post i just point out my name since its closest)

Archived