Used Refpanel PSCT to make a card that can be "targeted" by anything

Eshai

"When a card or effect is activated that targets a card(s) on the field (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, while this card is on the field, that card or effect now applies to this card instead of the target. Your opponent cannot target other cards you control with card effects. You can only control 1 "Bishop of Sky High"."

image.png.cbf3a704bb891cd6cd9020d29f04a036.png

"while this card is on the field, that card or effect now applies to this card instead of the target."

some talk was said on whether or not redirecting targets to targets that otherwise wouldn't apply I mentioned Refpanel as a card that made cards target players that otherwise couldn't be by the effects of spells that technically target.

Blunder on me, Refpanel doesn't actually target! It applies the effects to another player.

Whatever the answer was to this debate we didn't get around to it, because instead I just changed the wording to fit Refpanel, and edited some of the text around to make the logic of the card reasonable. This logic is within how Equip Spells interact with this card.

Your opponent, a  U.A. player, targets 1 of their monsters with POWERED JERSEY, a absolute unit of a card that increases ATK/DEF by 1k, doubles any damage it deals, and lets it attack twice if it destroys something by battle. Great card but it can only be equip to U.A... by normal means

This card activates. Their equip is still equipped to whatever monster that it was equipped to. However, ALL OF THOSE EFFECTS ARE APPLIED TO THIS CARD.

This card... can steal effects of cards that otherwise could only target archetypal cards. If they are continuous they are only applied to this card as long as it stays on the field.

This card has a LOT of applications, either redirecting destruction based effects to this card (and yknow, crying about it), putting your opponents rly good cards that target under a paywall where they have to kill this thing first, and even probably the most used application of the effect to redirect your own targets and get a free SS as well as SS protection!

Im pretty proud of what came out of this card, and like most of my weird creations its going into the DPR. As unique as this text is I think it has a pretty solid footing in being workable. Its a hand trap that isn't THAT mean that can also be used as a play extender and continuous layer of protection. A card with this many applications I feel is rly cool, so I hope it sees play.

Archived