Card idea for the german Hallig Langeness

BombenLP

Hello everybody!

These are my first two cards I created. I treid to put the famous german holiday resort of Hallig Langeness in two cards.

The idea is that the Hallig is a quiet and almost peaceful place, hence the many restriction. I am a german guy, so the card is in German. There would be a translation below.

For the second card "Hallig Langeness - Sturmflut" a short explanation: A Hallig is something like an island, with few differences. One of these difference lies in the typical Northern German natrual disaster storm surge (in german Sturmflut), like my second created card. In a storm surge, the Hallig, in contrast to the islands, is flooded. Hence the second card "Hallig Langeness - Sturmflut". The ide behind the second card is the fact that the sea can be calm an peaceful (first card), but also wild and dangerous (second card). 

The second card tries to symbolize a storm, which gets stronger, but it will flow down. That's the reason why the "Sturmflut" card will be destroyed at time.

This is the first card, called "Hallig Langeness".

265030732_HallugLangenessYu-Gi-Oh!.jpg.64acd7e8fe4a6e046fbe2da9f4d33201.jpg

Translation:

All monsters gain 1000 ATK and DEF. Monsters cannot attack the turn they were summoned. Only one attack can be declares on each turn. When a monsters attacks, it receives a Rest Counter. Monsters with a Rest Counter cannot declare an attack.
When this card is destroyed by a card effect, 1 "Hallig Langeness - Sturmflut" can be activated by the hand, deck or Graveyard.

This is the second card:

197596289_HalligLangeness-SturmflutYu-Gi-Oh!.jpg.71e117fdfbb9562bf13799c4e8d5e027.jpg

Translation:

Can only be activated by the effect of "Hallig Langeness" and cannot be set.

In the End Phase of each player: The turner must take back one card from the field into the hand.

Durng the SP of the player controlling this card: Add 1 Storm Counter to this card.

All monsters lose 300 ATK and DEF for each Storm Counter on this card.

If this card has 8 Storm Counters: Destroy this card.

This card cannot be destroyed except by its own effect.

I hope, you like those cards. Plaese ket me know, what you think. If there are suggestions, write them. I'll be glad for some help...

With greetings to Mako Tsunami!

friendly reminder that you post at experimental section. a section that dedicated to cards in which its mechanic is not yet exist in the game (even requiring new words or keywords for example) . and from what i see from these cards is that the effects is definitely not experimental. so next time unless you come up with mechanic that is never implemented before you can post it on either Casual or (if you competitive and has meta-level effect) Advance section

the 1st field spell is not really powerful besides for that 1000 stat boost and even then its 1000 for both side which while "balance" but also not really change the total output of damage either. and the rest of the effect and counters put a layers upon layers of battle stalling which is not really a good protection. so in general this card suffer from over-balancing

2nd is almost mirror the 1st field spell in terms of hampering ways to battle although this time it had the added effect of bouncing cards back to hand. which is.... a dilemma since its to slow but also helps player to reuse certain effects (keep in mind that the player has option on which card they return) provided they have means to pay the cost thus bypass most of OPT clause. so not optimal in any ways

On 7/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

friendly reminder that you post at experimental section. a section that dedicated to cards in which its mechanic is not yet exist in the game (even requiring new words or keywords for example) . and from what i see from these cards is that the effects is definitely not experimental. so next time unless you come up with mechanic that is never implemented before you can post it on either Casual or (if you competitive and has meta-level effect) Advance section

the 1st field spell is not really powerful besides for that 1000 stat boost and even then its 1000 for both side which while "balance" but also not really change the total output of damage either. and the rest of the effect and counters put a layers upon layers of battle stalling which is not really a good protection. so in general this card suffer from over-balancing

2nd is almost mirror the 1st field spell in terms of hampering ways to battle although this time it had the added effect of bouncing cards back to hand. which is.... a dilemma since its to slow but also helps player to reuse certain effects (keep in mind that the player has option on which card they return) provided they have means to pay the cost thus bypass most of OPT clause. so not optimal in any ways

Sorry, then I understand the rules wrong. I apologize, my English isn't the best. I just understood it wrong.

Also, thanks for the feedback. I keep that in mind, when I try to work them over.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:53 PM, Problamatico said:

These cards are amazing. They work with each other so well and are essentially OP. I could see these cards getting instantly limited. 

Thank you for the feedback. And yes, I think so too. They are way too OP xD

Archived