I know its just another upstart . . . . or is it? (Relic Appraisal)

Kanashimi

eWEytoG.png

Relic Appraisal

Spell/Normal

Cannot be activated from hand or field. If this card is sent from your hand or field to the GY; draw 1 card.

An old card i made baaack then since ancient times. I believe the topic title is self-explanatory already, so thoughts?

Firstly: How do you always manage to find such cute and suitable artworks for your cards?

Anyway, I like the card, but I'm not sure how relevant it could be in the meta. One thing that comes to mind is a comparison with Upstart Goblin, both cards that will let you draw 1 card in a simple +0. The obvious difference is how UG is way more reliable and alive almost anytime compared to the "problematic" effect of this card, which is much more troublesome than giving 1000 LP to the opponent. Still, in the right deck, it should have a certain solidity. Sky Striker Decks, for instance, their field "Sky Striker Airspace" should let this card explode while activating their effect for a nice combo. Decks that rely in discarding, like Dark World (well, I know nobody uses them anymore, but...) should make good use of it.

As a side note: why does the girl has some apples in the head? ^_^''

48 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

1) Firstly: How do you always manage to find such cute and suitable artworks for your cards?

2) Anyway, I like the card, but I'm not sure how relevant it could be in the meta. One thing that comes to mind is a comparison with Upstart Goblin, both cards that will let you draw 1 card in a simple +0. The obvious difference is how UG is way more reliable and alive almost anytime compared to the "problematic" effect of this card, which is much more troublesome than giving 1000 LP to the opponent. Still, in the right deck, it should have a certain solidity. Sky Striker Decks, for instance, their field "Sky Striker Airspace" should let this card explode while activating their effect for a nice combo. Decks that rely in discarding, like Dark World (well, I know nobody uses them anymore, but...) should make good use of it.

3) As a side note: why does the girl has some apples in the head? ^_^''

1) it can be found here (shadowverse art, tho the site is dead rip, no longer be updated with the latest cards)

2) yeet, in comparison to upstart in which you can activate easily, it needs something to do first like discard, or you can set this card and pop it, say ala Scrap Dragon-ish effect, it also means turbo draw deck-ish hardly run this, since you need to discard/sent to gy first to draw otherwise dead in hand, in which, tend to avoid that instead. Design-wise, tho i intended this card to be more like . . . costless for a card that require discard or destroy your own card (1), because using this lets you draw, means +0. But of course i believe something can abuse this maybe to the next level, but for now idk what deck it is. Tho, also another difference than another deck thinning cards, it doesnt stand alone as explained above, it require a combo.

3) Not sure,probs has something to do with her job as a merchantette, selling a lot of stuff while also appraise unkonwn stuff, yeah the art, it has the same character, but im not using it anyway

Thx for the reply~

9 minutes ago, Gimme Choco and I Wont Go said:

1) it can be found here (shadowverse art, tho the site is dead rip, no longer be updated with the latest cards)

2) yeet, in comparison to upstart in which you can activate easily, it needs something to do first like discard, or you can set this card and pop it, say ala Scrap Dragon-ish effect, it also means turbo draw deck-ish hardly run this, since you to discard/sent to gy first to draw otherwise dead in hand, in which, tend to avoid that instead. Design-wise, tho i intended this card to be more like . . . costless for a card that require discard or destroy your own card (1), because using this lets you draw, means +0. But of course i believe something can abuse this maybe to the next level, but for now idk what deck it is. Tho, also another difference than another deck thinning cards, it doesnt stand alone as explained above, it require a combo.

3) Not sure,probs has something to do with her job as a merchantette, yeah the art, it has the same character, but im not using it anyway

Thx for the reply~

1) Oh great, thanks for the link! There was one time when you told me your source was Vanguard, so I was imagining it came from there too, but to think it came from Shadowverse. I have a friend that continuously recommended me playing it and often mentioned the quality of the artwork (and even showed me once a video of a collaboration with Re:Zero). I never came to actually play it, but now I'm wanting to make a couple of YGO cards by borrowing their artworks a bit.

2) Yeah, completely agreed with you. Probably it's a tool to be considered, but fully dependable of the Deck that runs it. Imagine using this during the old (ooold) times when Graceful Charity was not forbidden xD.

3) The piggy in the artwork killed me. I gotta do something with it since you don't plan on using it, maybe with a relation to this card.

And you're welcome n.n

16 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

1) Oh great, thanks for the link! There was one time when you told me your source was Vanguard, so I was imagining it came from there too, but to think it came from Shadowverse. I have a friend that continuously recommended me playing it and often mentioned the quality of the artwork (and even showed me once a video of a collaboration with Re:Zero). I never came to actually play it, but now I'm wanting to make a couple of YGO cards by borrowing their artworks a bit.

2) Yeah, completely agreed with you. Probably it's a tool to be considered, but fully dependable of the Deck that runs it. Imagine using this during the old (ooold) times when Graceful Charity was not forbidden xD.

3) The piggy in the artwork killed me. I gotta do something with it since you don't plan on using it, maybe with a relation to this card.

And you're welcome n.n

1) Well their artwork (shadowverse) is insanely good, from their illustrator team (from Tachikawa Mushimaro, Soji Hisakata, etc etc), art varies from realistically drawn, manga-anime ish or art straight from the Lovecraftian. As a newbie designer and illustrator myself, i kinda adore their art, and learn it for myself.

As for the game itself hmm, depends, its a good game and i myself still enjoy playing, but it progress so fast (i think? subjectively), so powercreep is real fast inbetween expansion

As for using for custom cards, u should! lel

2) mhm

3) feel free to use that

I immediately thought 3 things when I saw this.

1.  adamancipator I guess it wouldn't really be good with them, but even the art reminds me of researcher & analyzer.

2. Nordic relics for obvious reasons.

3. the interesting compatibility with action magic. This also makes me think of appraising as some sort of stunt which is sort of funny.

Archived