Five-Headed Link Dragon Support: Mythic Dragon Revival

gmaster1991

613370872_MythicDragonRevival.jpg.42dcfbeaee35eddcc8d8bb5ed189451f.jpg

If you control no monsters: Banish 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; Special Summon Level 4 or lower non-Effect Fusion Monsters with different Attributes from your Extra Deck whose combined levels are equal to the monster banished by this effect, but they cannot be Tributed, also, for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, your opponent takes no damage. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck during the turn you activate this card, except Link-5 monsters.

Also known as "Dragon Revival Ritual" in the anime, this card was used to summon what was originally a Fusion Monster. Yeah, they just made up rules as they went along in Noah's Arc, but I digress. This card is not only meant to give useless Fusion Monsters like Rare Fish, Flame Ghost, and Dragoness the Wicked Knight some kind of purpose (seriously, they sucked even twenty years ago), but to help facilitate the Link Summon of Five-Headed Link Dragon with a DARK, EARTH, WATER, FIRE, and WIND Attribute monster. This may not be well-known, but there is at least one Level 3/4 non-Effect Fusion Monster of each Attribute, and it's possible to summon three or even four of them at once with this.

That begs the question: is this card balanced or overpowered? Does the lack of searchability and huge amount of Extra Deck space required to make this card work warrant the much easier summon of a monster that's both immune to everything (save a Kaiju or battle with a LIGHT monster) and nukes your opponent's field when its summoning condition is met? Or should I include an additional cost, like banishing monsters from the hand?

i think this is actually kinda underpowered

while decks that can make FLD  is not exactly meta (well the meta use Auroradon that lock sub-sequence link summon anyway) i do recall that is not as hard of a feat that require something like this. while this card kinda cut FLD's upkeep cost by using the fusion monster use to summon it rather than trying to dump from the main deck, it also means that minimum requirement to activate this card is to "brick" your extra deck with mostly useless fusion without contingency should FLD summon fail

On 9/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

i think this is actually kinda underpowered

while decks that can make FLD  is not exactly meta (well the meta use Auroradon that lock sub-sequence link summon anyway) i do recall that is not as hard of a feat that require something like this. while this card kinda cut FLD's upkeep cost by using the fusion monster use to summon it rather than trying to dump from the main deck, it also means that minimum requirement to activate this card is to "brick" your extra deck with mostly useless fusion without contingency should FLD summon fail

I see. What if this was used in a deck that didn't primarily use the Extra Deck, like Sacred Beasts? Instead of being some win condition, this card could be a one-of to use as an out to an unfavorable situation.

Archived