FFX #1: Yojimbo

AlienPrinceOTK

createcard.jpeg.00fd8eb04c2625c869f987de3747a05b.jpeg

Yojimbo, Her Aeon of Fortune (Still thinking on the name)

(Updated) Effect:

Cannot be Fusion Summoned. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Yuna, the Final Summoner of Spira" by Tributing a Normal Trap card or "Her Guardian Tidus". Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects:

● Pay 500 LP; this card gains 500 ATK, also it cannot be targeted by Trap effects until the end of this turn.

● Pay 2000 LP; Shuffle 1 Spell/Trap on the field into the Deck.

● Pay any amount of LP; Shuffle all monsters on the field with combined ATK/DEF equal to the amount of LP paid for this effect, and if you do, Tribute this card.

You can only control 1 "Her Aeon" monster.

---

Each Aeon in the game I have planned to be summonable with a certain card type; for Yojimbo it's Normal Trap cards. Yuna's effect allows her to Summon these creatures from the Extra Deck just by Tributing 1 of such, or a Normal-Summoned-Normal-monster.

Because there is a connection to Auron with Yojimbo, Auron's theme card, as all the party will have one, will be the Normal Trap card: Shooting Star.

Well damn! Finally someone sensible who makes Final Fantasy cards. Great! 

Firstly, allow me to help you with the card grammar 🙂

Yojimbo, Aeon of Fortune

Cannot be Fusion Summoned. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Yuna, the Final Summoner of Spira". Once per turn: You can activate 1 of the following effects:

● Pay 500 LP; this card gains 500 ATK and cannot be targeted by Trap effects. These changes last until the end of this turn.

● Pay 2000 LP, then target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; shuffle that target into the Deck.

●Target 1 monster on the field, then pay LP equal to the combined ATK/DEF of that target; shuffle that target into the Deck, and if you do, Tribute this card.

You can only control 1 "Aeon" monster.

In my humble opinion, I don't think you need the "Her" in Aeon, we know they are summoned by Yuna, but it looks weird in the name. If I may, I suggest a name such as "Aeon Yojimbo, Mercenary Samurai".

About the card... well, it's not that it hasn't been seen, but it's not common to see a Fusion Monster that doesn't list its materials and is also not a contact fusion, but I understand why it is made as such. My problem here is that we need to know Yuna's exact effect to make the correct wording. I omitted the part about paying with the Trap because of that.I suggest that before posting other Aeons you post Yuna, as she'll be the most important member of the strategy. Now, about the effect... the card is relatively weak. Spin effects are very strong, yes, but the costs are extreme. Imagine that you want to shuffle a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Will you pay 5500 LP to do it? Since the card is relatively easy to Summon if you control Yuna and pay with 1 other card, I admit making it too strong is not correct, but the amount of LP required for effects 2 and 3 is just insane. I like the fact that paying is a wink to its nature in the game, but you have to lower those costs. Consider this: Judgment Dragon has an effect that nukes the entire field for 1000 LP.  Yojimbo's Zanmato should be able to destroy all enemies your opponent controls for that same cost, or perhaps a little more.

So yeah, consider posting Yuna next, and preferably do so in Casual Multiples if you're going to post the other Aeons as well. I'm looking forward to Shiva xD.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:27 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Well damn! Finally someone sensible who makes Final Fantasy cards. Great! 

Firstly, allow me to help you with the card grammar 🙂

In my humble opinion, I don't think you need the "Her" in Aeon, we know they are summoned by Yuna, but it looks weird in the name. If I may, I suggest a name such as "Aeon Yojimbo, Mercenary Samurai".

About the card... well, it's not that it hasn't been seen, but it's not common to see a Fusion Monster that doesn't list its materials and is also not a contact fusion, but I understand why it is made as such. My problem here is that we need to know Yuna's exact effect to make the correct wording. I omitted the part about paying with the Trap because of that.I suggest that before posting other Aeons you post Yuna, as she'll be the most important member of the strategy. Now, about the effect... the card is relatively weak. Spin effects are very strong, yes, but the costs are extreme. Imagine that you want to shuffle a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Will you pay 5500 LP to do it? Since the card is relatively easy to Summon if you control Yuna and pay with 1 other card, I admit making it too strong is not correct, but the amount of LP required for effects 2 and 3 is just insane. I like the fact that paying is a wink to its nature in the game, but you have to lower those costs. Consider this: Judgment Dragon has an effect that nukes the entire field for 1000 LP.  Yojimbo's Zanmato should be able to destroy all enemies your opponent controls for that same cost, or perhaps a little more.

So yeah, consider posting Yuna next, and preferably do so in Casual Multiples if you're going to post the other Aeons as well. I'm looking forward to Shiva xD.

Thanks! Considering this, I've made some changes to the effects; while the costs are a bit extreme, that is because I think it is way too easy to Summon, and there's probably some more thinking needed there, but also the fact that he would be so versatile... So rather than change the costs, I've thought about improving the effects:

● Pay 2000 LP; Shuffle 1 Spell/Trap on the field into the Deck. (So now this doesn't target.)

● Pay any amount of LP; Shuffle all monsters on the field with combined ATK/DEF equal to the amount of LP paid for this effect, and if you do, Tribute this card. (Now in your scenario of a Blue Eyes White Dragon on the field, he could potentially remove the entire family including Azure Eyes/barring the fusions. Which I think's pretty neat.)

On 10/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, AlienPrinceOTK said:

Thanks! Considering this, I've made some changes to the effects; while the costs are a bit extreme, that is because I think it is way too easy to Summon, and there's probably some more thinking needed there, but also the fact that he would be so versatile... So rather than change the costs, I've thought about improving the effects:

● Pay 2000 LP; Shuffle 1 Spell/Trap on the field into the Deck. (So now this doesn't target.)

● Pay any amount of LP; Shuffle all monsters on the field with combined ATK/DEF equal to the amount of LP paid for this effect, and if you do, Tribute this card. (Now in your scenario of a Blue Eyes White Dragon on the field, he could potentially remove the entire family including Azure Eyes/barring the fusions. Which I think's pretty neat.)

Alright, thanks for hearing me out n.n

I have to insist that you still have a lot of space to improve those effects. Trust me, 2000 LP to destroy 1 card in the backrow is no good.  Check this card, Super Quantal Beast Grampulse, as a reference. It's super easy to summon, and it'll be able to destroy 2 Spell/Traps by using it's materials, potentially as a Quick Effect. No other costs. Upgrading the effect so it doesn't target is good, but imo you can lower the cost greatly. Heck, 700 LP sounds fine to me.

As for the other effect, well, it's looking better. It's probably pretty costly still. Are you sure you want to shuffle all monsters on the field? I dare say it's ok if this one only affects your opponent's monsters. How about this: the effect only affects the opponents field, but as a drawback you cannot Special Summon more monsters, except Aeon Fusions (it seems you want that only one can be on the field at any time). This is all just a suggestion, but here's a grammar for that effect:

Pay any amount of LP; shuffle monsters your opponent controls with a combined ATK/DEF equal or lower to the amount of LP you paid, and if you do, Tribute this card. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Aeon" Fusion Monsters.

friendly reminder though that also apply for your Valefor card:

specific fusion like this (require specific material/ or can only be summoned by certain combination of effects) require you to post that card along side with its enablers such as the ones i mention formerly in parentheses

and YOU DO post the Yuna component on multiple so you might as well edit that post (use edit option on the far-right next to your username in that post) to include both this and Valefor on that post instead of accidentally spamming thread this way

13 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

friendly reminder though that also apply for your Valefor card:

specific fusion like this (require specific material/ or can only be summoned by certain combination of effects) require you to post that card along side with its enablers such as the ones i mention formerly in parentheses

and YOU DO post the Yuna component on multiple so you might as well edit that post (use edit option on the far-right next to your username in that post) to include both this and Valefor on that post instead of accidentally spamming thread this way

Duly noted. I'll make my own thread then and spam my entries there. Just too much work for me, lol.

Archived