Endgangered Animal's Lives Are Worth More?

Zeppeli Gyro Supreme

Recently I have been into a debate with many people, even my girlfriend (which is not good), about endangered species. Blah blah blah, conservation. I don't want to talk about in general why to save endangered species, but I pose you this question:

Why is an endangered mouse's life worth more than another mouse that does the SAME EXACT thing in the ecosystem and is not endangered?

Well. Duh?

Of course an endangered animals life's worth more. Its so simple, i don't even know why this is here. Endangered animals pretty much can't take a beating to there population, while rats and such can. Since numbers are small, the actual living in those numbers are far more greatly valued. If i were to run around, and lay 15 ft Panda traps everywhere; I'd get absolutely violated with disagreeing people. Do this with a rat however, not a person cars.

Also, animals, like everything, have popularity. It seems the more rare you are, the more popular you are. Everbody at the zoo. "Oh my god! Mummy! Theres only 500 left in australia! There numbers can only go up by 50% as they bred every two weeks!" Guess what. That animal is the incarnate of the ever popular primary school douchebag. Rare, popular, and young people swarm over every detail about them. Thus, there lives more valued by people since they'd cry if they died.

Simple enough? mmmhm =].

2sick~

well,the endangered animals are very important.Since if this keeps up,then more (and all) animals will be rendered extinvt.Then,mankind will truly be alone.

Diversity is what live itself is made of.Do your best & more to perserve the diversity for the future generations.

King of frogs, your post was spam. Either add something to the topic, or dont post at all.

Also; Lord Whye, what you say is true, that once on species has lost enough members to not be able to be targeted, another species gets the knife. However, i don't think we'll ever be alone, as for some animals, such as ants outweigh the human population by over 100-1. Diversity in animals wouldn't mean a thing. It just means that there different. Animals importance comes in the form of keeping nature in balance, as you should know, one animal may be good at doing something special with a breed of tree.

Diversity=False.

Importance=The real factor.

=].

2sick~

Archived