Speed Racer

Arekku_Koro

Considering what it's trying to do' date=' it's shockingly good. Give it a chance.

[/quote']

the last movie i thought id give a chance to

turned out to be pure crap

but what the heck i got nothin to do over the weekend

lets just hope iron man doesnt suck either >_>

I watched it' date=' and I disliked it. I believe that it was a waste of money, and most parts of the movie were pretty corny. Oh well, it's just my opinion anyway.

-Glasstin[img']http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/glasstin10/emo-fish.gif[/img]

Darn you, glasstin's fish! Lol, the cornyness was there way of adapting the anime for movie-goers.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

...most parts of the movie were pretty corny.

What' date=' and the cartoon wasn't? I've seen quasi-infinite reruns, and the [i']Speed Racer[/i] cartoons are about as corny as they come.

i hate the movie love the cartoon

i am going to hate it' date=' i usualy hate movies like that >_>

[/quote']

i think the movies a waste of money...<_<

I think a lot of the problem isn't the movie' date=' it's the moviegoer. When one walks into a movie theater to see something they like revived, they expect it to fail. No, strike that. They want it to fail. Whether they know it or not, they want the movie to be bad so they don't have to say that something they liked changed for the better. It's the innate human nature that despises change and longs for the past. Moviegoers don't want to accept the changes in the revival, so they see the movie as bad. One might say they never actually see the movie.

Not to say that there aren't some movie adaptations that do fail (*cough*Eragon*cough*). This just isn't one of them.

I used to love the cartoon back when it was around. Even now, on my annual trips to Albany, I still watch the cartoons on tapes. But the fact is, the movie is so much like the cartoon, I don't see too much room for complaint. Maybe moviegoers expect change and don't get enough of it? [i']Inspector Gadget[/i] was criticised for not being similar enough to the cartoon. Inspector Gadget II was then criticised for being too similar to the cartoon. Get it? People want these movies to fail, whether they know it or not.

...most parts of the movie were pretty corny.

What' date=' and the cartoon wasn't? I've seen quasi-infinite reruns, and the [i']Speed Racer[/i] cartoons are about as corny as they come.

i hate the movie love the cartoon

i am going to hate it' date=' i usualy hate movies like that >_>

[/quote']

i think the movies a waste of money...<_<

I think a lot of the problem isn't the movie' date=' it's the moviegoer. When one walks into a movie theater to see something they like revived, they expect it to fail. No, strike that. They want it to fail. Whether they know it or not, they want the movie to be bad so they don't have to say that something they liked changed for the better. It's the innate human nature that despises change and longs for the past. Moviegoers don't want to accept the changes in the revival, so they see the movie as bad. One might say they never actually see the movie.

Not to say that there aren't some movie adaptations that do fail (*cough*Eragon*cough*). This just isn't one of them.

I used to love the cartoon back when it was around. Even now, on my annual trips to Albany, I still watch the cartoons on tapes. But the fact is, the movie is so much like the cartoon, I don't see too much room for complaint. Maybe moviegoers expect change and don't get enough of it? [i']Inspector Gadget[/i] was criticised for not being similar enough to the cartoon. Inspector Gadget II was then criticised for being too similar to the cartoon. Get it? People want these movies to fail, whether they know it or not.

Your wicked smart dude.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

So no one is willing to look within their own psyches to improve a series they enjoy? Or are they just ignoring my incredibly long article on the last page?

Archived