The World Order: TCBG by Umbra

Umbra

[align=center]I know y'all will hate me for this, but anyway.

The World Order: TCBG (Trading Card Board Game)

Introducing the latest product from the Umbra TCG / Fan-Fic Factory, The World Order. A mixture between a traditional card game, where you draw the cards you need to win, a board game where you use the environment to control the game, a MMORPG with missions and rewards, and Pipemania.

[spoiler=Playfield and basic rules]

twozc9.jpg

[spoiler=Units]

exampletwocardmj1.jpg

The two values seen at the bottom right of the card are the Unit's Strength and Hit Points. When a Unit takes damage from a battle, the Strength is subtracted from the Hit Points. If the Hit Points become 0 or lower, the Unit is destroyed and returned to the bottom of the owner's deck. The value seen to the bottom right is the Unit's Attack Radius, AR. A Unit can attack any Unit within the number of adjacent squares from the Unit itself.

[spoiler=Races]

Human

Undead

Forest Elf

Dark Elf

Dragon

Divine

Reptile

Golem

Insect

Written Format of a Unit Card:

Name

Connections (N, S, E, W)

Race

Strength/HP

AR

[spoiler=Attack Range]

twoattackradiusck9.jpg

Along with the numbers noted above, a Unit can also have Attack Range 0 (unable to attack) or LR (Long-Range, can attack anywhere on the playfield)

Apart from the Unit cards, there are three other card types: Contracts, Factions, and Battlefields.

[spoiler=Other Cards]

[spoiler=Factions]

Factions are special cards that are played outside the playfield. Namely, on the side closer to you. Factions are special groups that a Unit can be Hired by (See Contracts). On each Faction card, there are special missions that a Unit of that Faction can perform for rewards. For example, a typical mission might be ”Destroy 1 Unit belonging to a different Faction. Gain 200 Strength.”

Written Format:

Name:

(Unit Requirements, if any)

Missions

[spoiler=Contracts]

Contracts are cards that allows a Unit to join a Faction. When a Unit joins a Faction, the Faction is considered to Hire the Unit. Contracts often force you to perform one of the missions listed on the Faction card.

Written Format:

Name

Faction

Join Condition

[spoiler=Battlefields]

Battlefields are, like Units, cards that stay on the field. They provide special effects for all Units next to them, and also has Connections (much like Units) that can be used by both players. However, they can only be used for the Win Condition by the player that activated them. Battlefields can be placed in any square adjacent to a card you control.

Written Format:

Name

Connections (N, S, E, W)

Skill

I've tried to make this as different as I can, to make it more unique. If you have any questions about anything related to the TCBG, please tell me.[/align]

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster
TCBG (Trading Card Board Game)

Hm, card game plus board game? That sounds familiar... *cough*Warmyst*cough*

I like it, though. It's YGO meets Othello. I don't get Factions, though. Or why the board is so small. Not bad.

For AR 3' date=' why can't it attack a square that is 2 diagonal moves away? That's only 2.82 squares away, so it should be in range, right?

[/quote']

Read AR again. It says "adjacent squares". Translation: No diagonal moves.

Hm' date=' card game plus board game? That sounds familiar... *cough*Warmyst*cough*

[/quote']

I'd say Eye of Judgment rather than your game, but fine.

I like it' date=' though. It's YGO meets Othello. I don't get Factions, though. Or why the board is so small. Not bad.

[/quote']

Factions are just different ways to improve the units with the rewards gained from the Faction's missions. The board is that small since you need to fill up more than half of it to win. Had I run a standard 8x8, that would be a necessary 33 monsters/Battlefields to place.

But thanks all of you for liking it.

For AR 3' date=' why can't it attack a square that is 2 diagonal moves away? That's only 2.82 squares away, so it should be in range, right?

[/quote']

Ah. I was just thinking of "radius".

[/quote']

Ah. I was just thinking of "radius".

I'll have to change that to "range". Thanks for noticing.

Guest Ixigo

Ah, another great idea... this one is much more simple but seems hardcore tactical... so, will some sort of playing this occur here, or is it just a display of the idea?

Ah' date=' another great idea... this one is much more simple but seems hardcore tactical... so, will some sort of playing this occur here, or is it just a display of the idea?

[/quote']

I plan on turning this into an RP sooner or later. Thank you for your appreciation.

Archived