My little rant....

Bloodrun

ok well i tried to post this in debates, but when i clicked post thread, it took me to the debate forum, and my thread did not show up, so if a kind mod, or supermod, could move this to where it should be, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

ok, i might be just a little bit off from the details of this situation

but, my little rant is on the adage of the Arcade

(im not sure if YCMaker is still going through with it or not, but here is what i have to say)

Adding the arcade, will be a lose lose situation

1) You will have a mass load of both old and new members join, and or rejoin.

2) you would think that would be good, right?

Wrong, they wont be posting, they will be playing the arcade,

the arcade takes away from the actual meaning of a forum >_>

a forum, is for posting, and thats basically, besides the small details on the side,

not to play computer games >_>

3) let alone having new and old members, back just to play the arcade, the mass load of members using the arcade, will slow down the servers a tremendous amount, trust me, i have seen this happen many a times.

So at the risk of sounding, stupid, and ill informed,

I am going to end my little rant saying this

if we need an arcade to up our "ratings" and our members

then we need to go back to the design table, and figure out what it is, that brought us thes members in the first place.

~Discuss~

I agree with you here' date=' Bloodrun.

The true purpose of this forum is to provide an environment where members are freely able to discuss many topics, ranging from Yu-gi-oh, to regular life.

So, I too, discourage the idea of adding an arcade.

-Glasstin[img']http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/glasstin10/emo-fish.gif[/img]

lol thank you for your support, ^_^

ok well i tried to post this in debates' date=' but when i clicked post thread, it took me to the debate forum, and my thread did not show up, so if a kind mod, or supermod, could move this to where it should be, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

(im not sure if YCMaker is still going through with it or not, but here is what i have to say)

a forum, is for posting, and thats basically, besides the small details on the side,

3) let alone having new and old members, back just to play the arcade, the mass load of members using the arcade, will slow down the servers a tremendous amount, trust me, i have seen this happen many a times.

then we need to go back to the design table, and figure out what it is, that brought us thes members in the first place.

~Discuss~

[/quote']

Q4E

So true. I will try to make a banner to protest this.

Adding the arcade' date=' will be a lose lose situation

[/quote']

Q4E

So true. I will try to make a banner to protest this.

If you had read the rest of the rant you would know that YCMaker might put an arcade in.

Anyway' date=' I agree with you too Bloodrun. There is no way that the server could stand that. [/quote']

thank you guys,

im glad there are people who agree with me

lol and hunter, a banner?

Forum arcades just scream of "amateur forum".

um i think i understand what your talking about

but you could explain that please?

Usually, an unpopular forum adds an arcade to attract members, and generally it looks unproffessional.

Forum arcades just scream of "amateur forum".

um i think i understand what your talking about

but you could explain that please?

Usually' date=' an unpopular forum adds an arcade to attract members, and generally it looks unproffessional.

[/quote']

oh ok

i thought thats what you meant

but i wanted to make sure ^_^

ok well i tried to post this in debates' date=' but when i clicked post thread, it took me to the debate forum, and my thread did not show up, so if a kind mod, or supermod, could move this to where it should be, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

~Discuss~

[/quote']

agreed

i dont post in frunkspace as much because i play in the arcade there so agreed

arcade=bad

[/quote']

1) Don't we already have a mass load of members anyways? Besides, I highly doubt an arcade will attract as many members as you think.

2) If they wanted to play arcade games as opposed to talk on the forum, then people would just go to a site with arcade games, no?

3) Again, I doubt an arcade will attract enough members to do something like that, seeing as how there are sites with arcade games.

[/quote']

1) Don't we already have a mass load of members anyways? Besides, I highly doubt an arcade will attract as many members as you think.

2) If they wanted to play arcade games as opposed to talk on the forum, then people would just go to a site with arcade games, no?

3) Again, I doubt an arcade will attract enough members to do something like that, seeing as how there are sites with arcade games.

so, you agree with adding an arcade?

or are you just disagreeing with my point of view?

[/quote']

I'm more leaning towards disagreeing with your points of view.

[/quote']

oh ok

well when i said a mass amount of new members

i didnt mean new accounts being created

i meant the members who created an account but never used it, would come on..

hmm

an arcade would slow down the server yes, but if YCMaker noticed it was slowing down he would buy another server.

I agree that putting an arcade up here would detract from preatty much every forum epically shops, fanfic, and RP

Putting an arcade would make actual Card Making decrease and people wouldn't post much anywhere...

And getting an arcade would make this sight seem "desperate" for new members...

so im gonna say no arcade

Guest JoshIcy

i wonder if he knows this lol. the only way i would play the arcade is if it puts out created cards to good use..... otherwise your argument is dead on >_

hmm

an arcade would slow down the server yes' date=' but if YCMaker noticed it was slowing down he would buy another server.

I agree that putting an arcade up here would detract from preatty much every forum epically shops, fanfic, and RP

Putting an arcade would make actual Card Making decrease and people wouldn't post much anywhere...

And getting an arcade would make this sight seem "desperate" for new members...

so im gonna say no arcade

[/quote']

lol i would have to agree with you guys lol =)

[/quote']

oh ok

The vast majority of them never come back to the forum, meaning they would never know of the arcarde's existance, and therefore, still won't come back.

[/quote']

oh ok

The vast majority of them never come back to the forum, meaning they would never know of the arcarde's existance, and therefore, still won't come back.

still though >_>

an arcade, thats just a desperate cry for help =/

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Pew Pew. This article is SO true. It reminds me of InFiniteX (Splice's forum) where no one uses the actual forums 'cuz there's a shoutbox and arcade. It was so aggravating I left. Trust me, an arcade will kill YCM. At least, I know I'll leave if one is installed.

Pew Pew. This article is SO true. It reminds me of InFiniteX (Splice's forum) where no one uses the actual forums 'cuz there's a shoutbox and arcade. It was so aggravating I left. Trust me' date=' an arcade will kill YCM. At least, I know I'll leave if one is installed.

[/quote']

Q4E

i finally see what you mean about the chatbox lol =/

cept if YCM does install a arcade, i wouldnt take it as far, as leaving though >_>

Archived