Dark Ruler support

FanOfFiends

These are the first two in a run of Dark Ruler support cards I intend on fashioning.

Hoped some people here could help make sure I've got the right card grammar and stuff, and also just to get your opinions in general. Dark Ruler Ha Des was probably my favorite card growing up and since returning to Yu-Gi-Oh after... sixteen years (holy sheet...), I noticed he could use some help.

Dark Ruler's Winged Swarm1.jpg

Dark Ruler’s Winged Swarm, LV2, DARK, Fiend/Effect, 700/700

“You can send this card to the GY (from your hand or field): Target 1 Level 4 or lower DARK Fiend-Type monster in your Deck (except “Dark Ruler’s Winged Swarm”); Special Summon it. If this card is in your GY: (Quick Effect) you can banish this card; increase the ATK/DEF of 1 Fiend-Type monster you control by 700.”

ha des irae1.jpg

Ha Des Irae, RANK 4, DARK, Fiend/Effect/Xyz, 2450/1100

“2 Level 4 Fiend-Type monsters”

“While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target Spell/Trap cards or Fiend-Type monsters you control. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; (Quick Effect) return this card to the Extra Deck, then Special Summon 1 “Berserk Dragon” from your Deck, hand or GY.”

Edit: formatting

Thou may wish to put the text of the effects below each respective card, instead of above them.

Winged Swarm may be used to summon various archetypeal non-Ha Des cards, though I appreciated how it allow one to summon both main minions of Ha Des and references Winged Minion through the ATK effect.

Irae needs to specify that the opponent cannot target with card effects (it currently does not specificy). Also, its effect to summon Berserk Dragon must ignore its summoning conditions, as Berserk Dragon must be Special Summoned "A Deal with a Dark Ruler", and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. Though, I do appreciate the lore connection.

1 hour ago, Arcadia warlic said:

Winged Swarm may be used to summon various archetypeal non-Ha Des cards, though I appreciated how it allow one to summon both main minions of Ha Des and references Winged Minion through the ATK effect.

Irae needs to specify that the opponent cannot target with card effects (it currently does not specificy). Also, its effect to summon Berserk Dragon must ignore its summoning conditions, as Berserk Dragon must be Special Summoned "A Deal with a Dark Ruler", and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. Though, I do appreciate the lore connection.

Thanks for the insight.

For Irae, I wanted to prevent targeting completely, not just card effects. Should I specify "by card effects or battle"?

Though, now that I think about it, why would she need the bounce effect if she couldn't be targeted? It probably ought to just be card effects, not battle.

Also, would I put it "Special Summon 1 “Berserk Dragon” from your Deck, hand or GY (ignoring its summoning conditions)." Or is there established grammar?

ps: would u happen to know where the font button is? my copypasta seems to have infected this reply, lol

Er, I know not how to alter the font but the size is found at the second from the right. Control + Shift + V also pastes without formatting, which may be of use.

"Special Summon 1 "Berserk Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions" would be the way to word it, I believe.

Archived