[Written] Pot of Greed support (Overpowered)

Skye.

Hello! I am but a humble card maker who used to enjoy designing joke/overpowered cards on here for fun and comedy, and I am back with my latest concept. I'm sure Yugioh players are all familiar with the iconic Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon. But in my opinion, the most iconic card in the entire Yugioh series is none other than the Pot of Greed!

It saddens me that over the years the iconic archetypes like Magician and Blue Eyes etc have gotten support, but there's never been any support at all for the "Pot of Greed"! Why?!? To remedy this scenario, I present my 5 card support set for the 'Pot of Greed' archetype. But first, it is worth taking a few moments to remind everyone of the unique effect included within the Ace card in the deck:

POT OF GREED
Normal Spell Card
Draw 2 cards.

If you do the math, this card... Wait, receiving 2 cards at the cost of only 1 card? Impossible...! It's no wonder the Pot of Greed was a favourite play of anime protagonists and antagonists alike. So without further ado, I present

GREEDIER POT OF GREED
Normal Spell Card
Add 1 "Pot of Greed" from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from the GY; add 1 "Pot of Greed" from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Greedier Pot of Greed" effect per turn, and only once that turn. This card's name becomes "Pot of Greed" while it is in the hand, GY, or banished.
(This card's name is always treated as "Pot of Greed".)

Getting greedy? The aptly named Greedier Pot of Greed not only searches your Pot of Greed but it comes with a graveyard effect that lets you banish itself to activate its own effect a second time, a fashionable trick for spell & trap cards to have nowadays. Note that the Greedier Pot is treated as a "Pot of Greed" in name, an important detail due to the possible combos with the following...

ENDLESS GREED OF THE POT OF GREEDS
Continuous Spell Card
If you do not have "Pot of Greed" in your GY: You can add 1 "Pot of Greed" Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If "Pot of Greed" is in your GY: you can target 1 banished "Pot of Greed" or in your GY; shuffle it into the deck. You can only activate 1 "Endless Greed of the Pot of Greeds" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

POTMAKER OF THE POT OF GREEDS
Continuous Spell Card
When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Spirit of the Pot of Greed" from your hand, Deck or GY. Attack Position "Spirit of the Pot of Greed"(s) and Attack Position "Avatar of the Pot"(s) you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. If an attack is declared involving your Attack Position "Spirit of the Pot of Greed" or "Avatar of the Pot": You can add 1 "Pot of Greed" Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. This effect can only be activated up to the combined number of "Spirit of the Pot of Greed"(s) and "Avatar of the Pot"(s) you control per turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can send 1 "Avatar of the Pot" or 1 "Pot of Greed" card you control or in your hand to the GY instead.

This fabled man is responsible for all the Pot of Greeds in the world today. Legends say his deck was so unfair that only a protagonist with the power of the Heart of the Cards could stop him. One such protagonist eventually succeeded, sealing his soul in this card and banning his beloved Pot of Greed, where it remains on the Forbidden/Limited Card List to this day. Then from the 5Ds era onwards, the Pot of Greed was seen no more...

If Greedier Pot is activated, your Spirit of the Pot of Greed will grant 1 extra card, and then 1 card again with the Pot of Greed that the Greedier Pot fetched to your hand, so the Spirit becomes as good as a Pot of Greed in itself on turn 1! It will keep delivering extra cards and more Pots turn after turn while the Potmaker is around, providing boundless value to make up for its low ATK. Meanwhile the Endless Greed spell card will return a used Pot back into the deck each turn, ensuring the cycle of greed never ends.

Next we have:

POT OF GREED, GUARANTEED!
Normal Spell Card
Discard 1 "Pot of Greed"; add any 2 cards from your Deck to your hand, except "Pot of Greed, Guaranteed!". If you activate "Pot of Greed, Guaranteed!", you cannot win with the effect of "Exodia the Forbidden One" for the rest of the duel. This card's name becomes "Pot of Greed" while it is in the hand, GY, or banished.

What madman would be willing to discard a Pot of Greed for cost; what kind of society are we living in?? But the only thing better than drawing 2 cards is drawing 2 cards where you choose the cards you want! Remember that this card and the Greedier Pot also serve as a Pot of Greed, so you can discard an unusable Greedier Pot (for example when you have no more Pot of Greeds in your deck), or a copy of itself to activate it. And I decided RIP Exodia because that's too cheap.

In case you're still deciding which 2 cards to pick hold your horses because what archetype would be complete without a Boss monster, or in this case, TL;DR A smorgasbord of several pot like effects packed together in one card to create this abomination.

THE ULTIMATE LEGENDARY POT OF GREED AND UNMATCHABLE POTNESS (BUT MOSTLY GREED)
Normal Spell Card
Can only be activated by Tributing 1 "Spirit of the Pot of Greed" or 1 "Avatar of the Pot" you control, and 1 "Pot of Greed" in your hand. You can only activate 1 "The Ultimate Legendary Pot of Greed and Unmatchable Potness (but Mostly Greed)" per turn. This card's activation and/or effect cannot be negated. Apply these effects in sequence:
● Draw 2 cards.
● You can send 1 "Pot of Greed" from your Deck to the GY; draw 2 cards.
● You can shuffle 2 cards from your hand into the Deck, and if you do, draw that many cards.
● When activating this effect, your opponent cannot check cards in the Graveyard. Ask your opponent what "Pot of Greed"'s card text is. If your opponent does not answer with "Draw 2 cards", "Draw 2 cards from your Deck", or doesn't know what "Pot of Greed"'s card text is: You can draw 2 more cards.
● You can Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, your opponent chooses 2 cards among them to add to your hand, and the remaining card is sent to the GY.
● You can return up to 2 banished cards to the GY(s).
● You can shuffle up to 2 cards from the GY(s) into the Deck(s).
● You can send up to 2 cards from your Deck to the GY.
● You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand, and if you do, discard 1 card.
● Discard 1 card.
● Draw 1 card.
● Discard 1 card.
● Draw 1 card.
● Discard 1 card.
During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated, if you would discard cards due to being over the hand size limit: You do not discard any cards, and your opponent discards the amount of cards you would have discarded, instead. This card's name becomes "Pot of Greed" while it is in the hand, GY or banished.

Enjoy the cards I hope you got a kick out of it.

PotofGreed-TF04-JP-VG.png.e770dd492dc1c7fed5d601b4e6ab3b3d.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived