New archtype "Dream Trixters" Mey be disturbing but not really.

Bey_Maker997

I'm liking this, really. There are quite the number of fun things in this post:

1) The topic's name. Disturbing but not really. Yeah, you're onto something. You know, I played Kirby Super Star when I was very little. Final Boss, Marx, used to make me rather nervous, it was a strange combination of cuteness with deranged evil. The whole archetype being based on Kirby's universe is pretty cool stuff and brought back some nice nostalgia, so thanks for that 😄

2) The cards in themselves, of course. It's clear you have a pretty clear idea of where you wanted to take the archetype to. Banishing and controlling. Problem is, the spread in possibilities, as in, having access to 3 types of Extra Deck monsters + Rituals is pretty concerning, I'd rather focus on a couple of them, or else too many tools and it becomes inconsistent. Sure, there are a couple of cards that support them all, but there are also tools that support X, another that supports Y, etc.

Now on to the tips:

A general tip: Please try to include the card's effect below each card. The size of each effect is not too long that you can't read each card, but this is in PC, I don't know if some people could have trouble reading them by Phone. Actually, this request is an official rule for the site, so try to keep that in mind for future singles/archetypes, ok?

Another thing to consider is to have a better organization in the card order. I kind of felt there is some sort of order here, like adding Magolor Deceitful Clover, then many of the cards related to him and control changing cards. Despite this, I'd suggest adding them in order of card type. Monsters, Extra Deck Monsters, Spells, Traps.

Let's go with the cards:

Chaosmic Jestroyer - Damn, what a name! During either player's turn = (Quick Effect):  Konami used the former for the longest time, but now you can omit it, since using both is redundant. (Quick Effect): is correct. There's only one instance in which you can use During either player's turn, but that involves continuous effects, such as the Magical Musket's archetype effects. The effect is pretty insane, but I guess it's fair. The card is not too easy to summon, since it requires PopStar Joker/Last Laugh, and the effect negating when it returns is a fair measure. Its support with Chaosmic Universe could be improved. If this guy banishes all stuff on the field, it's likely that card is gone, since you want it activated as soon as possible for other card's support. I know it can be recovered, or activated after Jestroyer returns, but still...

Chaosmic Universe - The one card that makes the multitude of types of cards in the archetype kinda viable... and still, it's har to determine if it's balanced or not. +2000 ATK/DEF for the sole Ritual, that has 1000/1000.... I guess it's ok. Fusion, I already gave my point of view. Xyz, ok. Synchro Support... No, unless you do something about Spirit Snatcher. 

Oh goodness, I'm tired and I haven't reached half of the archetype x_x. I'll leave it here and continue later.

This is all constructive criticism. You're doing a good job, just some tweaks here and there.

Keep it up! n.n

Successor - Ah... Zero Two, nasty critter. About the effect: who are you going to SS? Masquerade, yeah, but this is quite unlikely. Yep, you can take control of opponent's monsters to summon this guy, but if your opponent has no Level 4 mobs, you must use two copies of Masquerade, then you cannot go for 2 "Dream Trixter" monsters with a Level equal to the rank, so dead card. Either you create another Level 4 DT monster, or give additional flexibility to the card: "Up to 2 "Dream Trixter" monsters", this way you can go for 1.

Last Laugh - Just no, my friend. Successor was a little weak, this is insanely strong. Field clean punishment for simply destroying an archetype mob, plus Special Summoning an incredibly dangerous creature that can banish the field again? You really got to nerf this card. Maybe you could only shuffle the monster that destroyed your DT, if push come to shove, two targets shuffled, but not the entire field. The final clause needs a bit of adjustment. I'd say you could make it "You can only use 1 "Dream Trixter Last Laugh!" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Dream Land ✅... or so I would have said if it weren't a Counter Spell Card. That doesn't exist, so you either change it to Quick Spell or make it a Counter Trap. The latter sounds better, tbh.

Nebulaxis - Extremely strong, but it's the boss monster, so I'd say it's fair. The difficulty of its Summoning makes it feasible, and Spirit Snatcher must be destroyed by a card effect so it Special Summons this guy, so the opponent can work around this.

Quintellion - My favourite card in the set, it's cleaver and strong. Sadly, it'll be hard to summon given the lack of Level 4s and dependence to opponent's deck. There's one thing to do here: Lower the Stats. Strongest Rank 4 mob is Borreload eXcharge Dragon, with 3000/2500, but it requires rather specific materials. Quintellion has higher total stats than Borreload and only requires 1 specific material.

Thank you! i will think about all of this and i am glad you like them aswell! but im vary happy you understand the idea that i was going for, I am still new to making my own archtype and english isnt my first language so it was hard to make most of them but i am planning on making more, i just felt so tired after making these but i will keep your words in mind as i can see some of the cards need an overhaul, i hope you'll like the finished product and abit of a side note is ive been struggling to try and put test cards in yugioh omega so if you knew a better way to do so or someone who does i would love to know, anyway wow i really wasnt expecting someone to like my cards this much lol but im glad you do  

2 hours ago, Bey_Maker997 said:

Thank you! i will think about all of this and i am glad you like them aswell! but im vary happy you understand the idea that i was going for, I am still new to making my own archtype and english isnt my first language so it was hard to make most of them but i am planning on making more, i just felt so tired after making these but i will keep your words in mind as i can see some of the cards need an overhaul, i hope you'll like the finished product and abit of a side note is ive been struggling to try and put test cards in yugioh omega so if you knew a better way to do so or someone who does i would love to know, anyway wow i really wasnt expecting someone to like my cards this much lol but im glad you do  

My bad that I haven't finished the review when I said I'd do it >_<. I got distracted by other stuff and forgot, but I'll get to it. By the way, I'm glad you're taking what I said into account. Let me tell you I'm no great expert by any means, but I daresay my points are more or less on track.I have no doubts I'll like the finished product n.n Also, don't worry about the English. It isn't my native language either, so I can relate to that, and to be honest your English is pretty good, so there's nothing to be embarrassed of.

~~~~~~~

Chaosmic Oracle - DTs are benefited when banished in many cases, so banishing them as cost to banish whooping 3 cards your opponent controls is a bit too much. Probably I'd lower it to 1 or 2. Final effect is incomplete, it doesn't say who is the exception, but I'm pretty sure it's other Oracle to prevent the loop.

Masquerade - Second thoughts about what I told you in regard of the difficulty of Xyz Summoning the Rank 4. Of course, this card helps a lot (they're a lot of cards, I forgot to include the effect in consideration for my earlier review xD). I'd still vote to add another Lv 4 to help with the tactic. Now, this is all if you leave the effect as it is. Again, I have to say it is overpowered. You get rid of any monster since this is not destruction and Xyz Summon 1 of your best monsters for no cost. Imo, a cost is required here, since a Lv 4 monster can't be this strong. No banishing cost, pls, that's too convenient xP.

PopStar Joker - Freaking Marx is scary xD. I'm not sure about it's capability to revive from the GY as well, it's too good. Last effect is terrifying as well, but that's the idea, so ok.

Spade Jester - Problem is, like in many cases in the archetype, that taking control of opponent's monsters is one of the strongest effects in YGO, probably just behind spin effects (returning something from field to top of the owner's deck). Again, I'd suggest some kind of cost, because a) This guy likes being banished b) You take control of something and even change it exactly to fit the archetype's need x_x

Spirit Snatcher - Ugh, I feel like a broken record already , but this is too strong as well, imo (reminder at this point that even if I'm criticizing your cards, I like them, I just want them to be better). First effect is clever, alright. The effect that lets you banish 1 opponent's mob per turn to SS one of yours is not fun.Either you restrict it to be one time while it is on the field, or negate the effect of the Summoned mob.

Magolor Deceitful Clover is ok, it is dependant of your hand, but gives you the required tools for Oracle. Final effect is a nice touch.

Divided Mind - A little typo in the card's name. Make sure to mention in the last effect "add them to your hand", it just says "add". Actually, these kind of effects require targeting. "Target 2 of your banished "Dream Trixter" with equal Level; add those targets to your hand".

Hidden Motives - I like it, but it's kinda weird that you Special Summon them to the opponent's field, then Tribute them for the Ritual. I'd rather make the effect Special Summon the opponent's mobs directly to your field. This would nerf the card, since you require the space in your field for the dual summoning, but the card will make more sense.

Betrayal - This is one instance of a better balanced control taking card, it's ok as it is.

World Revolving - Another cool card. It's great dependance to the opponent's Deck makes it fair, and it could be dead in certain circumstances, so it's a gamble.

Chaosmic Playground - Excellent field, provides the whole archetype with precise support. I'd say the last 3 cards are pretty good.

Welp, I'm done, phew! Let's hope your oncoming archetypes aren't this BIG, reviewing them is demanding, lol

See ya around!

Archived